[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Has Another Option Now...

Mr Hammock

We have all been thinking about this possibility...

With the Broncos coming out saying they need to trade Cutler, it will likely, temporarily drop his value a little bit.

Look, I would not rule out a straight up trade for the #1 pick for Cutler.

The reason this makes sense is because the Broncos need a LB and Curry is probably the best player in the draft. The Broncos know they are already screwed with Jay not coming back anyway so why not trade him for as close to a sure thing that you can get?

The Broncos will have Chris Simms and Darrell Hackney left on the roster. They also have the 12th pick in the draft and could trade it up for Sanchez or down for Freeman.

The Broncos would also get what you want to get out of this most of all, which is trading away from your own division and hopefully all the way into the other conference. This way, Jay could only play against them once every four years.

Moving to Detroit would put Cutler pretty close to home also.

I am not saying this will happen or that it is even likely. I am just saying that I will not be surprised if it does.

I was pretty convinced up until today that we would hear about a trade for Cutler to the Jets soon, but now I am not so sure about that.

Cutler will probabaly end up either a Lion, a Jet, or a Brown.

Both the Lions and the Browns put him close to home.

nope.

Supply and demand. Just cuz they must sell him, doesn't mean it affects his value if there are several buyers for the one and only.

I agree and said so in one of Mr Hammock's other 10 threads in this forum...I think. :wacko:

I agree and said so in one of Mr Hammock's other 10 threads in this forum...I think. :wacko:

I only count 3 for mr. banana hammock(I realize he just joined) and 7 for you including the 2 mock draft threads that are pinned. :D

Edited by major-tom

I only count 3 for mr. banana hammock(I realize he just joined) and 7 for you including the 2 mock draft threads that are pinned. :D

Don't make this about me, Major. That's the last thing we need. :wacko:

Denver's defense is so putrid that they should try to get as many picks as possible when they trade Cutler. Detroit would make sense in that regard. Let Simms run McD's offense, as apparently all you need is a system QB to be successful anyway.

Nice spin on yet ANOTHER Cutler thread. :wacko:

Cutler is this year's Brett Favre in regard to the drama.

Edited by irish

I don't know about Cutler.

He comes across as a whiny, little biatch. That's not a quality that I want if I'm trying to build a winning team. Have there been any whiny, little biatch QBs that have led their teams to the Super Bowl?

Maybe its just an unfair portrayal by the media. Have any of the Broncos stepped up for the guy?

I heard a guy call in to Sirius this morning and speculate that Jay Cutler is possibly a bit like Jeff George...

I don't know enough to comment, but I thought it worth bringing up here ...

If Cutler gets trade to a team outside the AFC West, now we know for certain that Philip Rivers is the biggest whiny bitch of the AFC West :wacko:

(credit to a random radio call-in)

how is it we can call someone a bitch but not a oil and vinegar?

He comes across as a whiny, little biatch. That's not a quality that I want if I'm trying to build a winning team. Have there been any whiny, little biatch QBs that have led their teams to the Super Bowl?

Brett Favre? :wacko:

I'd give the 1.1 and the 1.20 for Cutler if I ran the Lions. It sounds like a lot, but the Lions haven't drafted well in a decade so I'd take a sure thing at the most important position. Especially a QB that is in his mid twenties. They still have a top pick in the 2nd and several more. Maybe the 1.1 and the 2.03 (or whatever they have around there). Cutler + Megatron = pantstight.

I'd give the 1.1 and the 1.20 for Cutler if I ran the Lions. It sounds like a lot, but the Lions haven't drafted well in a decade so I'd take a sure thing at the most important position. Especially a QB that is in his mid twenties. They still have a top pick in the 2nd and several more. Maybe the 1.1 and the 2.03 (or whatever they have around there). Cutler + Megatron = pantstight.

No way I give up that much for Cutler, the 1.20 maybe.

Given the news today that the Broncos are looking for two firsts, I say send the 1.20 this year and the '10 first to Denver, draft Curry #1 overall, and then take the best OL or CB on the board at 2.1, or package a third to move that 2.1 back up into the first for Oher.

Peace

policy

Given the news today that the Broncos are looking for two firsts, I say send the 1.20 this year and the '10 first to Denver, draft Curry #1 overall, and then take the best OL or CB on the board at 2.1, or package a third to move that 2.1 back up into the first for Oher.

Peace

policy

I'd agree to that for sure. But I still think if it came down to both first rounders going, I'd pull the trigger. I'm sorry but you're dreaming if you think you can get a QB as good as Cutler for just 1.20. Detroit could draft Stafford with 1.1 and another QB with their first pick next year (along with Stanton in the early second last year) and still not end up with a QB with as much upside as Cutler. If you want to turn this team into anything in the next 5 years, I'd say having a 25 year old pro bowl QB is a great place to start. There are always good LBs and lineman to get in future drafts but it is hard to find a young proven QB in his mid twenties.