[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here tHEy come(s)

keggerz

:wacko: Kenny Perry better watch out because Tiger and Phil are on a locomotive...Phil really looked like the 12th was gonna cost him and then missing the Eagle put on 15 doesnt help but both of these guys are just ONE back now...call me crazy but I think Tiger is actually gonna pull off a miraculous win :D

Well, it was a decent comeback, but, they will come up short. I haven't watched all weekend, but, this announcer is annoying me right now. "What is he doing ?", "I made green from there earlier" "Why is he hitting that ?"......annoying.

Mickelson and Tiger were at 17 I think, he had about a 3 footer for birdie and I told one of my kids that Mickelson is a great player but he is totally capable of missing the putt. And of course he did, he is just exasperating to watch. Cabrera got real lucky at 18, but nobody else wanted it anyway.

he is totally capable of missing the putt. And of course he did, he is just exasperating to watch.

Agree. What was the major a couple years back where he had all but iced it if he played it safe on a chip but "went for it," overshot, and handed the win to Woods?

Anyway nice to see someone who isn't a "superstar" get it. I'm sick to death of the Woods and Mickelson groupies.

I was really rooting for Kenny Perry. He's from Franklin, Kentucky and they say he's about the nicest, well-grounded person you'll ever meet. That area of Kentucky does have some of the finest folk you'll ever meet. Of course, he handled himself well and very gracious in defeat. With all the steroids and thuggery in sports today, he's the kind of person everyone can applaud.

My wife happened to see Tiger hit the tree...she asked me if he was finished now as a pro golfer...

She doesn't understand sports...

:sarge: Who cares what your wife thinks :sarge:

Who are you again?

Mickelson and Tiger were at 17 I think, he had about a 3 footer for birdie and I told one of my kids that Mickelson is a great player but he is totally capable of missing the putt. And of course he did, he is just exasperating to watch. Cabrera got real lucky at 18, but nobody else wanted it anyway.

He didn't just miss the putt... he missed by several inches. And then Tiger hit that tree... man, I actually like watching bad golf. I was watching those two and thinking, "They play like I play!"

I was really rooting for Kenny Perry. He's from Franklin, Kentucky and they say he's about the nicest, well-grounded person you'll ever meet. That area of Kentucky does have some of the finest folk you'll ever meet. Of course, he handled himself well and very gracious in defeat. With all the steroids and thuggery in sports today, he's the kind of person everyone can applaud.

I was rooting for him too. The guy has like 22 or 23 holes with no bogeys then back-to-back bogeys. But he still had a 15 footer for par on 18(a makeable putt) that would have won it. And worst case scenario he goes into a playoff with a chance still. Damn, I was disappointed for the guy. Such a class act.

I would say that yesterday's final round had to be the most exciting golf I have watched in a long time! The front nine by Phil and Tiger was amazing. Hell, they even made it interesting when they were basically out of it. As a hugh fan of Phil, the front nine was great. I was waiting for that one shot and it happened on 12. From that point on, he didn't look the same on the greens! Still, that twosome was great to watch yesterday. Even when they were done, the tournament was great! And Augusta looks superb in HD. I think that HD was made for the Masters!

Good call. I was pulling for Perry as well. Not only is he a nice guy, it's nice to see a guy pushing 50 pretty hard do that well against these young, athletic kids. Speaking of which, ol Phil's been hitting the gym, huh? The man boobs are gone and he's sporting some guns these days.

Good call. I was pulling for Perry as well. Not only is he a nice guy, it's nice to see a guy pushing 50 pretty hard do that well against these young, athletic kids. Speaking of which, ol Phil's been hitting the gym, huh? The man boobs are gone and he's sporting some guns these days.

Seems to be the trend these days... I think most guys on the PGA Tour have realized that talent alone is not going to get them to where they need to be, in terms of competing with the best. Tiger is not only tremendously talented, but also has a freakish work ethic to go along with it. The rest of the tour is finally realizing that they need to do the same, or they'll just be mediocre in comparison. I can't remember where, but I read somewhere recently that Tiger can now bench press 450 :D (he obviously continued to hit the weights while out because of his knee).

I think the critics are emphasizing a little bit too much on Perry giving the tournament away, and not giving enough credit to Cabrera. I've also heard people say that it was the "luckiest" Masters winner ever. :wacko: Sorry, but it's not like Cabrera was just handed the tournament... After all, he basically had to get up-and-down from 115 yards out on 18 just to make it to the playoff. He made clutch putts on 18 and the first playoff hole, then just because Perry hits a bad shot on playoff hole #2, everyone forgets what Cabrera did on the previous two holes, making it seem like he did nothing to win it. Overall, I thought it was an extremely entertaining Sunday... Sure, it would have been better had Phil and Tiger stepped up on the back nine, but I'll take the way it finished over a 10-stroke win by Tiger any day.