[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

what are you doing?

dmarc117

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me naive but I dont see America turning into mad max. Sure things arent great right now but I cant see myself in tattered clothes scouring the land to feed my family. If it came down to it I would be sure everyone was taken care of. I am a garment center salesman . I dont have to shoot you. You will invite me in.

Go back and read your bible, a lot of people died. God killed some directly, his people killed others. I may be wrong, but I don't think God is going to have a problem with me protecting my family.

How much of that killing occurred in the New Testament and after the 10 Commandments? Especially the one about not killing.

Are you at all familiar with the wars against the Canaanites?

Were the Canaanites processing yellow cake uranium too?

Actually, not much. Just that God ostensibly backed the Jews in holy war against their enemy. Very much pre-Jesus IIRC, though.

Edited by yo mama

I am a garment center salesman . I dont have to shoot you. You will invite me in.

I'm eating you first buddy.

"Come on in and show me some fabric samples. No, sit over here in this nice warm cozy cauldron."

Were the Canaanites processing yellow cake uranium too?

Actually, not much. Just that God ostensibly backed the Jews in holy war against their enemy. Very much pre-Jesus IIRC, though.

Yes, but that war was POST-10 commandments. And the literal translation is more like "Don't commit murder" rather than "Thou shalt not kill". That wacky King James...

I'll give you the thing with the new testament...

I'm eating you first buddy.

"Come on in and show me some fabric samples. No, sit over here in this nice warm cozy cauldron."

"We're gonna have roast Whomper ! We're gonna have roast Whomper"

If I did have a heavily fortified compound in post-apocolyptic America, I would definitely have a sign outside the armored gate that said "Wanted: Beer brewer". That's pretty smart thinking right there.

Distilling alcohol is probably the most important skill there, not just because of the booze but because of the many uses of it. I'm just saying, the old close to the earth skills will be in demand.

I call gun owners who question my devotion to my family because I don't think adding another gun to the mix is a wise thing reactionary. I'm actually very moderate on gun control and have actually lessened my stance considerably over time the more I realize that you can't legislate against stupidity any more with guns than any thing else. So I think you've got the wrong guy here.

Honestly, I think you're freaking pathetic. It's not enough that you've spent every day since Jan 20th crying like a little girl that the sky is falling, now you're so desperate to make a point that you pretend people are saying things they don't. I've had to spend more energy defending my choice not to own a gun than I ever have making someone defend their choice to do so. At least here. So, again, you've got the wrong guy.

We can go round and round about whether it makes your home safer if you have a gun, but only one of us actually realizes that neither side is certainly correct. I'm betting that me not having a gun and turning a robbery into a gun fight is best. You're betting that dude is there for more than you TV and are willing to risk escalation of what could have been a simple robbery followed by an insurance claim and a new TV into a fight that could result in at very worst someone in your family being shot or even having your family endure the reality of having shot someone in your home.

So, there you have it. Enjoy. I actually used to enjoy debating with you. Now, not so much. I'll leave it at that.

I don't question your devotion to your family because you don't want to have a gun. I question it because you some how think it is more noble to let your family die than to kill someone else who is threatening them. Whether you kill them with a gun, a sling shot, a spear, a knife or your own bear hands, a rock, I don't care, but a person should always protect their family.. If you aren't comfortable with a gun I understand that, just don't act like I'm some kind of crazed maniac because I am comfortable with a gun.

Oh and the feeling is mutual. I think you are pathetic, not because you don't own a gun, but because you've admitted you would do what would make you feel good instead of doing what you had to do to protect your family. I don't give a rat's ass if you don't want a gun, but I do care that people like you think that people that are willing to use a gun to protect their families are some how crazy.

I will say I do agree with you to an extent on the armed household versus the unarmed household. I believe a well trained armed household will always fair better, but if you buy a gun and never practice with it, and I'm not just talking about at the range, but also getting it out of the safe, and getting a round chambered, etc... then you are better of not having a gun.

Dunno. Sounds like a question for Holy Roller.

:wacko:

Unfortunately God missed that opportunity to double down and today is stuck with a crock pot of trouble over a piece of real estate not worth a piss.

How God gave Isreal to those meandering Hebrews KNOWING that a hop, skip and a jump away some of the most valuable oil deposits in the world were buried underneath a people too ignorant to wind a wristwatch is indeed the definition of irony. That Lord is some kinda prankster.

I don't question your devotion to your family because you don't want to have a gun. I question it because you some how think it is more noble to let your family die than to kill someone else who is threatening them. Whether you kill them with a gun, a sling shot, a spear, a knife or your own bear hands, a rock, I don't care, but a person should always protect their family.. If you aren't comfortable with a gun I understand that, just don't act like I'm some kind of crazed maniac because I am comfortable with a gun.

Oh and the feeling is mutual. I think you are pathetic, not because you don't own a gun, but because you've admitted you would do what would make you feel good instead of doing what you had to do to protect your family. I don't give a rat's ass if you don't want a gun, but I do care that people like you think that people that are willing to use a gun to protect their families are some how crazy.

I will say I do agree with you to an extent on the armed household versus the unarmed household. I believe a well trained armed household will always fair better, but if you buy a gun and never practice with it, and I'm not just talking about at the range, but also getting it out of the safe, and getting a round chambered, etc... then you are better of not having a gun.

Leave Ursa out of this

I'd prefer to simply just let this whole thing die, but feel like I owe it myself to respond to what are rather baseless attacks on my character. It should come as no surprise considering how much you insist that what you've plainly said here in this thread is not an indication of your feelings, that you have no problem assuming you know how I feel despite me not saying basically anything you claim.

I'll just attack these one by one.

I have at no point claimed it is more noble to let my family die than kill someone else. I have simply said that if it gets as bad as you guys are pretending it's going to get, it will actually be worse. It will not be like the old west, it will be panic and strife and hell. My point is simply that I'd wouldn't be any more bummed to not survive such a world than I would be to accept a reality of having to gun down desperate people trying to steal my crops on a regular basis. I have never claimed that this is a morally superior stance to any other. Quite the contrary, it is you who have repeatedly questioned the character and openly insulted anyone who didn't agree with your stance.

As for defending my family. At what point did I say that I would not lift a finger? I simply said that I do not want to have a gun in my home. That I think that it does not make my house safer. I am about halfway through with my expected life. In those 40+ years, I have never lived in a home with a gun. I've also lived in cities with relatively high crime rates, so it's not like this manner of living has been subsidized by the protection of a utopian setting. I have not even come close to wishing I had one, nor have I ever had to resort to violence to protect anything. Not even as a kid. My guess is it's because I'm not small, and thus not an easy mark, nor am I so big that some dipchight wants to prove himself on me. Mostly though, I think it really comes down to the fact that I don't think I'm John Wayne. In short, my style is working. In fact, if I were to devote the amount of time and energy that I feel it would take to be a responsible gun owner, I would begin to question at this point whether it was worth the effort. In other words, I am living proof that the reason your home is safe is quite possibly not your gun.

Because I don't value material possessions as much as life, the absolute only reason I would consider taking a life was if, in fact, my wife was in serious danger. And were that the case, I would do what I had to. Obviously I'd have to make do without a gun. Thing is, if my wife is going to be attacked, probably the absolute least likely way that's going to go down is that someone is going to ignore the barking dogs, break into my home, while I'm there, and attack her in front of me. If my wife wanted a gun, I wouldn't stop her. The gun thing is my thing (have I made that clear enough yet?)

I also don't enjoy shooting things. As a kid, I once shot a bird with a friends bb gun. Thing just dropped right there, lifeless. My first thought? "Well that kind of sucks." Because of my profession, I have no personal problem with hunting for meat and have gone on a few boar hunts. Needless to say, though, I'm not much of a hunter. Again though, I don't intend and do not pass judgment on those who do.

I have also never said that anyone who owns a gun for protection is a crazed maniac. That, again, is your paranoid and defensive nature rearing it's ugly head. I don't know how many times I have to say that it is merely my personal choice not to arm myself for you to get it. Again, this should come as no surprise as it seems your type see any attempt to control the sale of guns as a one way street to completely outlawing them. Oh, and when I say "your type", I don't mean gun owners I mean a-holes like you.

So, whatever, I'm done now. It's really too bad. You used to be fun to argue with. Now you're just a freaking vinegar bag.