[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transformers 2

BigMikeinNY

I loved the first one, absolutley loved it! I saw it three times in the theater, and have watched it about 10x on DVD. So when I showed up at a full-house midnight showing last night to see Transformers 2, the bar had already been set sky high. Well......

I did not like it. It is not the worst movie of all time like some of these blogs are stating, but I have deffinatley been telling people it was well.....not good

Thumbs down

1. Way too predicatable

2. Cheesy one liners

3. Action so quick your eyes cannot even catch up with what happened

4. Way too many lame attempts at getting a laugh

Thumbs up

1. Isabel Lucas

2. Megan Fox

Like I said. Some people may agree, some may not. But with expectations so high, this film did deffinaltey not live up to mine :wacko:

Edited by BigMikeinNY

I agree with you on #3---it was hard for your eyes to figure out what was going on.

Longer than I expected----the last 20 minutes (without giving any details) coulda been shortened up. The Mom and Dad got a little annoying as well. Other than that, it was an enjoying movie.

Pfft, anybody into transformers is lame.

:wacko:

Seriously though, I was afraid of this. I don't expect a transformers movie to have Shakespearean monologues, but there are plenty of ways to make it overtly dumb. I was hoping this would be a little more in the vain of a Batman begins where you take an existing franchise and remake it (this time into a new media) with action and enough intelligence to keep the story together. Sounds like they tried to make it a little to "splodey" and came out with a Spiderman 3 type movie. It has a lot of action and things going on, but it becomes a little convoluted and ends up being a noisy, clanging action movie that drowns out some of the charm with action. I've always hated action sequences that cut too fast so you can't really tell what is going on during a fight and it sounds like there is a lot of that in Transformers 2. I still might see this in a theater. We'll see, but I don't expect this to be as good as the first (which could have been better as well). It's too bad because I'm guessing from the title that they were going to bring Fallen into the movie. He actually has an interesting storyline that many people don't know about. For X-men fans, it's a bit like a movie about Apocalypse. Maybe someone other than Michael Bay can make the 3rd and try to improve the formula of putting flash over substance.

Word is the film is racist.

It's hard to view Mudflap and Skids as anything but racist, said Ty Burr in The Boston Globe. They are "shuck-and-jive Autobots who talk in ridiculous gangsta-speak." And they're also "Jar Jar Binks times two and the first known example of robot blackface," not to mention "insultingly unfunny comic relief."

you know, i'll still see this as a blow-up action mindless flick, even with all the bad reviews. it's so big of a spectacle that i don't need a great plot. it's got effects, babes, explosions, mindless dialogue, etc. etc. ... just what you want in a no-think summer movie.

key point -> i'm not too busted up about this moving sucking because i never cared about transformers in the first place. the first movie was a pleasant surprise and i have zero expectations to be moved by the 2nd one. on a spiderman or batman, however, i have more of a history and liking of those characters, so i want those movies to be really good and am bummed when they are not. i could care less about this one so just bring on the bots and megan fox! (and the slathing of buttered popcorn and tank o'coke as referenced)

i'll still see this as a blow-up action mindless flick, even with all the bad reviews. it's so big of a spectacle that i don't need a great plot. it's got effects, babes, explosions, mindless dialogue, etc. etc. ... just what you want in a no-think summer movie.

+1

I'm as in to movies for fun as the next guy and typically dig sci-fi. I even tolerated the last Star Wars more than most despite the fact that they somehow managed to make even otherwise good actors look bad. In fact, even including the amount of times I cave and watch movies that my wife chooses, I'm still watching "fun" movies 10-1 over "serious" ones.

Just saw Star Trek and thought it rocked. I will certainly see the new Terminator flick. Etc.

That said, I thought the first transformers sucked ass. I queued it up on the Netflix when I knew my wife (who I was certain had no interest in it at all) would be away and on the strength of images of Megan Fox bent over a car engine alone, I managed to endure the entire thing. Barely. When the robots were supposed to be funny, they were annoying (and yes, sometimes distasteful ala Jar Jar). When they were supposed to be serious and contemplative, they were unintentionally hilarious.

"And we too, have learned valuable lessons from our friends the earthlings." Or whatever he said. It's like I was instantly taken back to having the cold war broken down for my by Rocky. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd just as soon as watch the last 30 minutes of Wedding Crashers over and over than get dealt some hack unifying message from a freaking robot.

Oh, and the kid is lame.

If I've learned one thing in my life, it is that sequels of bad movies are always worse, so I'm going to pass. Possibly for no other reason than the only reason I would bother with it is for more shots of Ms. Fox and, thanks to the internet, I can just watch montages on Youtube.

Anyone see it on IMAX? If so, is it a must-see on IMAX or is it fine on the normal big screen? I think I know the answer, just curious to see if anyone saw it on the IMAX screen.

I am going to be in AC this weekend and have talked to a few buddies about going to see it at an IMAX... seems like a waste of our time in AC though.

Overall I would give it a meh. The fights were cool, the jokes were poorly placed and completely unnecessary, and some of the language was also unneeded and seemed gratuitous. My 6 and 8 year old loved it. they are still talking about it and we are currently experiencing a lego transformer battle of epic proportions.

what was with robogirl? since when did transformers take human shape? that was way too terminator-esque for me and brought on all kinds of plot possibilities that were ignored. cool freakin effects but they just kind of threw that in there way too casually ...

Saw it last night. Literally was falling asleep even during the fight scenes, so long and drawn out. This movie was a disaster besides fox and robo girl.

werd -

I am a hugh action flick fan but this transformers chit is a yawner for me - and a big no thanks, doubt I even watch the Bluray

I am over this pg13 cgi - cartoon style violence and fight scenes