[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congress could vote on one of the largest tax increases in US history.

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is rising recognition that introduction of a carbon tax under the guise of "cap and trade" will be personally costly, economically disruptive to society and tend to shift classes of jobs offshore. Moreover, despite rising carbon dioxide concentrations, global warming seems to have taken a holiday….

With public perceptions changing so dramatically and quickly it is little wonder Ian Plimer's latest book, Heaven and Earth, Global Warming: The Missing Science, has been received with such enthusiasm and is into its third print run in as many weeks. [it's now up to the fifth printing.]

The public is receptive to an exposé of the many mythologies and false claims associated with anthropogenic global warming and are welcoming an authoritative description of planet Earth and its ever-changing climate in readable language.

:wacko:

If a tree falls in Brazil, it will, in fact, be heard in the U.S. - at least if a little-noticed provision in the pending climate-change bill in Congress becomes law.

As part of the far-reaching climate bill, the House is set to vote Friday on a plan to pay companies billions of dollars not to chop down trees around the world, as a way to reduce global warming.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/2...oreign-foliage/

Leave 'em alone Perch. We've got more important things going on. Don't you know that Michael Jackson just died?

he did?? what the f??

how many of those people in that crowd outside the hospital yesterday are on govt subsidies......

racist.

What I REALLY wanna know is how Obama feels about the whole MJ thing. Think he'll declare a nat'l holiday? :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

Krugman is becoming more and more idiotic. He has completely sold out and lost any relevance he might have once had. What passed the house will do very little if anything to help the environment. Had helping the environment been the goal, then the republican amendment would have passed and we wouldn't have to worry about killing the economy. What the house passed is nothing more than a poorly disguised tax, and a payoff to GE.

ETA I thought Krugman was an economist. What the hell is he writing about global warming for unless it is about the impact of legislation on the economy, which he clearly ignored in his rant.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I think I might need a new job soon or figure out a way to phase the family business of 40+ yrs out of hydrocarbons, natural gas for that matter. Natural gas prices certainly aren't paying the bills right now.

"And as I watched the deniers make their arguments, I couldn’t help thinking that I was watching a form of treason — treason against the planet."

How can you even read that, let alone post it here.

Just trying to keep things "fair and balanced".