[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This Must Be Some Of You

BiggieFries

I got this picture from a customer we did an install for in late 2007.

Don't have the right genders for your power connections? A zip tie and a paperclip and you're good to go.

I don't know what's more amazing... that someone thought this was an acceptable solution... or that it worked for a year and a half without any problems before someone found it.

Wow, dead thread.

Anyway, I attempted to re-do our downstairs shower and far too late I realized that I am woefully unskilled in the art of plumbing - so suffice it to say, AFTER getting up the backerboard and tile, I realized that I needed to replace the stuff behind the wall. :wacko:

So I capped off the bath spigot and put a ball valve on the shower spout. It works, so you hop in, push down a lever, and bang! Instant water. The water is adjusted to a nice temp, so my wife said "you know, when we finally get this fixed, I'm going to miss the convenience."

That actually is the term. To Jerry-Rig something....

It's actually "jury rig", a sailing term but "jerry-rig" is an acceptable alternate term.

There's another term for it in common usage but that would get the thread deleted.

Edited by Chavez

There's another term for it in common usage but that would get the thread deleted.

Yes and thank you for your sense of judgement.

OK, I thought I was going crazy at first...

No, you are going crazy. Everyone else here is normal.

lmao

I mean, hater. :D

Don't worry, clothes do not make the man.

...says the guy in plaid shorts and $4.95 wal-mart flip-flops. :wacko:

:D