[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Prayers/Good Vibes requested

max

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to connect with that other doc and let him know of the other diagnosis and treatment ... that's messed up.

praying for your family max.

We did. The Dr in Cleveland also sent him a letter and talked to him at length about it on the phone. The Cleveland Clinic Dr wasnt happy at all with the other dr. The guy in Cleveland he sees is the chairman and director of their cancer institute. He is really on top of things and makes us a lot more hopeful..

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes.

Hang in there, Max! Sounds like yall are making good decisions and that your dad is a fighter.

We'll keep the good vibes and prayers coming...you and your Dad keep doing what you're doing. All my best!

Tom

Thanks again everyone. I, and my family, appreciate it. Wednesday is dad's next appt at the Cleveland Clinic. Hopefully, I will have some good news to report on in about 48 hours.

Edited by max

max I know it's easier said than done but if at all possible I highly (I can't overstate the word "highly" here) suggest MD Anderson in Houston. Has annually been rated the top (or on the very short list) cancer center in the entire world. Just FWIW and the very best to your dad!

Thanks again everyone. I, and my family, appreciate it. Wednesday is dad's next appt at the Cleveland Clinic. Hopefully, I will have some good news to report on in about 48 hours.

How'd things go Max?

• 4 weeks later...
How'd things go Max?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Things have been crazy and I haven't been online much. Now my laptop charger crapped out so I am without a working home pc right now. I just came online on my phone and saw your post. I do have some updates but they aren't the great updates I was hoping for. Since my last post dad was hospitalized (late january) for nearly 2 weeks. He was in a ton of pain and it couldn't be controlled. They did tests and discovered that the cancer spread more. Now not only is it in his prostate, pelvis, hips, thighs, and lower spine. It spread all the way up his spine, neck, shoulders, upper arms, back of his rib cage, and breast bone. The doctors worked on a pain management program (the dr in cleveland and here in pittsburgh). They gave him some sort of nuclear injection last Thursday that is supposed to attack the cancer in the bones and help with the pain. The plan was to get the pain under control so they could start chemo. That's the info as of last thursday. Fast forward a few days later to today. Got a call fro my mom and dad was having more issues. She took him to the hospital again a few hours ago. His kidneys aren't functioning properly. They confirmed there is an issue with his kidneys not functioning properly. Early indications are that it doesn't look like an all out kidney failure though. They are admitting him and are going to do more tests. That's all I have for now.

Please keep the prayers coming. I know they are helping. And thank you all for your continued support. You all are amazing!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Things have been crazy and I haven't been online much. Now my laptop charger crapped out so I am without a working home pc right now. I just came online on my phone and saw your post. I do have some updates but they aren't the great updates I was hoping for. Since my last post dad was hospitalized (late january) for nearly 2 weeks. He was in a ton of pain and it couldn't be controlled. They did tests and discovered that the cancer spread more. Now not only is it in his prostate, pelvis, hips, thighs, and lower spine. It spread all the way up his spine, neck, shoulders, upper arms, back of his rib cage, and breast bone. The doctors worked on a pain management program (the dr in cleveland and here in pittsburgh). They gave him some sort of nuclear injection last Thursday that is supposed to attack the cancer in the bones and help with the pain. The plan was to get the pain under control so they could start chemo. That's the info as of last thursday. Fast forward a few days later to today. Got a call fro my mom and dad was having more issues. She took him to the hospital again a few hours ago. His kidneys aren't functioning properly. They confirmed there is an issue with his kidneys not functioning properly. Early indications are that it doesn't look like an all out kidney failure though. They are admitting him and are going to do more tests. That's all I have for now.

Please keep the prayers coming. I know they are helping. And thank you all for your continued support. You all are amazing!

Continued prayers and support are heading your way. All the best for you and your dad.