[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Closing Today!

The Wolf

Thanks for the well wishes all...the experience was AWESOME.

Everyone got along very well, the sellers were an older couple (the place is IMMACULATE) and were a riot to be around, and the attorneys were a pleasure. The bank attorney shows up and it is a guy I went to HS with...who wrecked this dirtbag that jumped me in freshman year. To boot, I signed up three new clients (seller and my attorney and the seller) for our ad agency.

The wife and I celebrated with a beer and I am back in the office now.

:wacko::D:D

congrats. but not quite sure whyy people look down on renting so much. :wacko:

I don't really look down on it...we have a rent controlled apt in Hoboken, NJ for nearly 4 years. Saved a LOT of money too. So from that standpoint, it helped. But for me personally, I needed to know that what I was spending was going back toward something tangible, something that was mine. I could not get that by paying rent.

Congrats. Hope to be in your shoes someday...

You will be bro. I'm not that young...turn 40 in November. I'm very cautious by nature and never really felt I could afford it. Once we got married, we eliminated all our debt with our wedding envelopes. ALL OF THEM. It was a lot easier to save and plan when interest charges weren't choking us to death.

Things just fell into place and as a few have already mentioned, now is a great time to buy so we got a great deal.

Keep the faith brotha...

New Wolf Den!!!

Where did you buy? Wasn't it out by Nassau/Suffolk border? Maybe South? I can't friggin' remember!

In Suffolk, Howard...Holtsville. Between the LIE and Sunrise but much closer to Sunrise Highway.

I forgot to take my checkbook to our closing but got lucky when it turned out they owed me money.

Ha! We had our checkbook (and used it!) but got a nice check back for fees we paid that we did not have to. Nice surprise there! Easily cover some appliances.

Congrats Wolf!

Not a better time to be buying than right now. Solid rates, values down, $8K tax credit to 1st-time buyers.

Completely agree Swammi...this was the perfect opportunity for us. Timing, location, price...really the Perfect Storm.

Without the boats.

Only thing I know about Holtsville is that the IRS is there!!!

That, and at least two Huddlers

It's right up the road from our development. We like the IRS though...they send us checks every year...!