[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As if Minnesota wasn't a big enough joke already.

Perchoutofwater

And here I thought this was going to be another Favre thread ... It is a shame when a legislative seat is wasted -- clowns belong in tents. Though, maybe he was using humor to draw out her ability to think on her feet and deal with the unexpected -- probably what his damage control handlers will tell him to say he was trying to do ...

I watched some of Franken's questioning of Sotomayor today. Aside from a little humor, he actually did a really good job questioning her IMO. The analysts on CNN even after the fact pointed out he asked alot of difficult questions the White House probably didn't want any of the Dems asking.

I watched some of Franken's questioning of Sotomayor today. Aside from a little humor, he actually did a really good job questioning her IMO. The analysts on CNN even after the fact pointed out he asked alot of difficult questions the White House probably didn't want any of the Dems asking.

By the way, it was known ahead of time in her bio that Sotomayor was a big Perry Mason fan. He ended his questioning with a little humor. Not a big deal.

Exactly. If it is unlikely that ex-comedian Franken will become a really good senator, it is equally unlikely that an ex-B movie actor would become a really good president.

I heard a Rep Senator, Cochran, or something like that tried a joke. he said she would have some "Splaining" to do and it went over like a fart in church.

if this was all he asked, then a joke. but sounds like he asked other questions. the biggest joke is the softball questions from either party when their team is trying to get someone in. let only opposing questions be asked.

That's exactly what you said when Alito and Roberts were being grilled.

Oh wait - no it isn't.

can you provide a link backing this statement?

oh wait, no you cant.

Probably not. Then again, I don't recall you trundling out the argument that only Dems should question the last two appointees.

FWIW, it seems to me that Sotomayor has handled this pretty well and I very much doubt that a significant number of Reps will oppose her. There just isn't any mileage in it.

Probably not. Then again, I don't recall you trundling out the argument that only Dems should question the last two appointees.

FWIW, it seems to me that Sotomayor has handled this pretty well and I very much doubt that a significant number of Reps will oppose her. There just isn't any mileage in it.

i hate all these photo ops for these committees. watching cnbc all day, i get to see these politicians attack people everyday. mainly its all show to make it look like they are doing something.