[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Live from the Basement

Kid Cid

That's right kids, the next installment in my plan to learn how to do video stuff is now available. All the nitty, gritty details can be found in the linked article. The bottom line is that the lighting, audio and video quality is much better than the first go round. The lighting still needs some work, as does my playing, but I'm happy with the advancements in capturing and editing.

Jimmy Cocktail plays Not Fade Away

That's right kids, the next installment in my plan to learn how to do video stuff is now available. All the nitty, gritty details can be found in the linked article. The bottom line is that the lighting, audio and video quality is much better than the first go round. The lighting still needs some work, as does my playing, but I'm happy with the advancements in capturing and editing.

Jimmy Cocktail plays Not Fade Away

Lighting is ALOT better than before. You can get rid of that shadow with some fill light. The bounce off the fireplace is annoying lol. Sorry..its what I do.

Suggestion: Is that a tree outside the window? Looks like its growing out of your head. Stand to the right of it and let it be in full view? Go outside and run a light pointing up the tree...that would add some pop!!!

Good voice man. I like it.

Lighting is ALOT better than before. You can get rid of that shadow with some fill light. The bounce off the fireplace is annoying lol. Sorry..its what I do.

Suggestion: Is that a tree outside the window? Looks like its growing out of your head. Stand to the right of it and let it be in full view? Go outside and run a light pointing up the tree...that would add some pop!!!

Good voice man. I like it.

Thanks for the feedback.

First of all, that's an Ansel Adams print behind me. Second, yeah, The bounce annoys me too, I just need to figure out lighting and camera positions to avoid it. Third, I'm going to have to break down a buy a light kit, this repurposing of household lighting is difficult to cover everything properly. Just so you know, the wheels from my golf cart are propping up a halogen torchiere aimed at me with a desk lamp on the other side. :wacko:

Thanks for the feedback.

First of all, that's an Ansel Adams print behind me. Second, yeah, The bounce annoys me too, I just need to figure out lighting and camera positions to avoid it. Third, I'm going to have to break down a buy a light kit, this repurposing of household lighting is difficult to cover everything properly. Just so you know, the wheels from my golf cart are propping up a halogen torchiere aimed at me with a desk lamp on the other side. :wacko:

lol Nice. you wouldn't happen to have some old screen would you? Like an old screen for a window or door? Those are great to cut light. If you do, try hold a piece (2ft square) on the lower half of the light. That will cut down light on the lower part of your body and the fireplace. If a single frame of screen is not enough, double or triple it. In my world, those are called "Nets". When they are inserted into lights themselves, there called "Scrims". Scrims are basically pizza cooking trays and they are the same thing, single,double and triples.

And so you know, halogen lighting adds a light green hue to your video. You can counter this by adding minus green color correction called Jasmine. Its a light rosy pink color. Try and get NON halogen lights if you can. But like I said, you can get all your lighting needs at home depot if you know what to shop for. But that lighting kit I linked you to is what you need at an affordable price.

Jimmy Cocktail kicks ass.....greatest entertainer i've ever seen :D and he didn't grab his crotch once

IDEA

Each week i'd also like ta see a different Velvet Picture behind ya....not Elvis more like some brown sugar with big cans :D gotta get brack to the show :D way ta punish those strigs yet tender at times :wacko:

Jimmy Cocktail kicks ass.....greatest entertainer i've ever seen :D and he didn't grab his crotch once

IDEA

Each week i'd also like ta see a different Velvet Picture behind ya....not Elvis more like some brown sugar with big cans :D gotta get brack to the show :D way ta punish those strigs yet tender at times :wacko:

That is a friggin AWSOME idea. I gotta see if I can find an artist.

...and yes, I'll see if I can remember some Skynyrd next time. :D

Edited by Kid Cid

IDEA

:2cents:

:D Great idea. Some trippy candles are still in order for that brick shelving.

that might bend Jimmys c0cktail and be uncomfortable :wacko:

the Barstool would be a cool look :D

I will give it a try. Typically, I hate playing while sitting, I much prefer to stand, but for a couple of tunes I'm thinking of doing it may work.

YouTube is pissing me off. They limit videos to 10 minutes and I threw down a very serious version of China/Rider that came in too long. Cutting it in half takes away from the magic so I need to figure out a way to host the whole thing somewhere. Oh well, I wanted to change some things anyway, I might as well do it again.

I think we need to find a stage for you in Vegas this year. :D

Unfortunately, money is tight, no Vegas trip this year. :wacko: