[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

State of the Vikings

DMD

Vikings  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Adrian Peterson - where should he be drafted?

• #1 no matter what
    • #1 rushing, little drop in a PPR league
    • Top 3 but not #1 in any scoring format
    • Other? gasp!
  2. 2. What Vikings WR are you most likely to own?

• Bernard Berrian
    • Sidney Rice
    • Percy Harvin

State of the Vikings

The Vikings are still waiting on what the prima donna hall of famer Favre will do but how much would he really add to this offense when it is one of the heaviest rushing teams in the league? 464 carries last year! Is Favre really that important, even when Jackson says he'll leave if Favre comes on board for his one year visit?

Is there any reason NOT to consider Adrian Peterson as the lowest risk player in the NFL? He rushed 363 times last year - how long will his career be with that sort of workload? Is it even possible that anyone besides Peterson has the most rushing yards this year?

What do you like about the Vikings this year?

The only thing that really still worries me about Peterson is whether he can stop fumbling. He's obviously got the talent to lead the league, but if he can't get his head right and hold on to the #%!@*# ball, then his final numbers could suffer somewhat. Not enough to drop him significantly, but possilby out of the top spot. It was not a small problem for him last year.

even when Jackson says he'll leave if Favre comes on board for his one year visit?

For sale, cheap: One slightly used, extremely athletic small brained QB that has shown absoultely no ability to be able to play QB at a professional level.

I mean, for reals, where the hell is he gonna go? :wacko: The only thing dumber than that threat was Childress moving up to draft him in the first place.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

For sale, cheap: One slightly used, extremely athletic small brained QB that has shown absoultely no ability to be able to play QB at a professional level.

Talk about oversupply....there's another model matching these exact specifications that was just put on sale by Goodell.

The only thing that really still worries me about Peterson is whether he can stop fumbling. He's obviously got the talent to lead the league, but if he can't get his head right and hold on to the #%!@*# ball, then his final numbers could suffer somewhat. Not enough to drop him significantly, but possilby out of the top spot. It was not a small problem for him last year.

Agreed that that fumbling is definitely a problem. I'd also like to see AP improve his blocking/blitz pickup and receiving skills. I think he's the best back in the league once the ball is in his hands, but he's not even the best back on the team when its not. He needs to improve in his areas of weakness so he isnt sitting on the sidelines late in close games like he has been at times over the last couple seasons.

Perhaps a bigger concern I have is he is not going to hold up if he continues to take a beating like he did last season. The passing game needs to improve to take some heat off of the running game, and the offensive coaching/coordinating needs to improve to get more creative to take advantage of the defenses that are obviously ganging up to stop Peterson. Chilly and Co called some very basic runs against defenses that were ready for them. A lot of what Peterson got last year he had to work pretty hard for. They hammered him in there a lot late in games, and there were times you could see he was completely whipped and beat down by games end. Dont get me wrong, he's a horse and they need to ride him as such, but there were games where Chester should have been taking more reps late to save some wear and tear on Peterson IMO.

Whomever is at QB this coming season will need to play significantly better than what the team has had the last several years and the offensive "minds" need to start taking better advantage of the secondary when teams load up to stuff the run. Most of what the offense has gotten the last couple years has been by pure athleticism of the backs and/or brute force from the line. I'd like to see this team start to make more big plays as a result of creativity/surprise and be less predictable in the playcalling.

regarding Favre...There's been talk about TJax getting his feelings hurt with all the other players begging Favre to play. Of course it's easy to forget that TJax was asked by other players to work a little harder this year even before any Favre talk. The guy isn't going to cut it as a professional starting QB. He's a good athlete so many Oakland would like him.

Also, there's plenty of talking heads currently advising the Vikes to take a chance on Michael Vick. That is very stupid, imo. I lost alot of respect for Jay Glazer for mentioning this. We already have a QB that can't throw the ball. Why would we need another one. Maybe we should get Williamson back so we could have a QB that can't throw AND a reciever that can't catch.

Losing TJax wouldn't be a loss. It would be a bonus. I don't hate the guy. He just can't play quarterback consistently.

regarding AD...He's the number one selection regardless. How did Thomas Jones do with Favre last year. He had a career season. The only thing that AD hasn't had going for him is an actual NFL QB that can throw a pass. Defenders can no longer load the box on every single play. The defense will get burned if they force the Vikes to throw the ball if the QB is Brett Favre.

There's hope that Rice will be healthy this year and play better than he did as a rookie. I think his ceiling is similar to Burleson numbers and nothing more. Bernard Berrian will benefit from playing with a QB the most.

Edited by MikesVikes

The Vikings signed Rosenfels and should let him fight it out with TJax and hopefully win the job. The Favre sideshow is an embarrassment to both parties and should end now, ditto the talk of Vick going there. I don't think they make the playoffs regardless of what they do and if they are smart they make QB a priority in next year's draft.

AD is a tier 1 RB regardless of the QB. Rice is the best WR on the team and Harvin will be suspended for Josh Gordon either this year or next. :wacko:

Edited by matt770

I mean, for reals, where the hell is he gonna go? :wacko: The only thing dumber than that threat was Childress moving up to draft him in the first place.

:D