[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it wrong to want your wife to lose weight?

Cunning Runt

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome on so many levels. :wacko:

I laughed out loud for sure.

CR, My wife and I have regular discussions about each other's health. IMO, it's best to focus on the aspect of trying to take care of one another. Broaching the subject from an attractiveness perspective is bound to get a negative reaction. Talking about being healthy together as you age and care for one another and those around you is a much easier thing to talk about.

At my heaviest I was roughly 247 LBs. My wife never said anything to me, even though she keeps herself at 102 LBs. I have spent a lot of time in and out of the gym in the last 15 years, usually going for a couple of years at a time and taking a couple off. My last layoff was a bad one. When I decided to get my rear in gear, I just asked her for time to go do it, and talked about needing to be healthy so that I could live a good, long life and take care of her for a long time. Rather than her getting defensive about my spending time away from the house, she was encouraged about my wanting to be healthier.

For her part, even though she's thin, her diet has been terrible, and it's contributed to some fairly significant health issues. It took me most of 5 years to convince her that her being thin wasn't everything, and that she needed better eating habits even if it meant putting on 5-10 LBs. Since she started eating better, her health issues have mostly gone past.

I just think it's a matter of mindset and approach.

I asked my wife and she said as long as you're borderline telling her she's overweight you should at least offer her incentives for each milestone she makes while working out again. She suggested new coach purse for working out 3 days a week the first month. New watch for working out continually and losing 5 lbs by the end of the second month. Spa day for reaching 3 month goals. Beach vacation for 2 without the kids if she makes her 6 month goal.

Just a thought since you're basically telling her she's not hot enough for you. :wacko:

Edited by twiley

I asked my wife and she said as long as you're borderline telling her she's overweight you should at least offer her incentives for each milestone she makes while working out again. She suggested new coach purse for working out 3 days a week the first month. New watch for working out continually and losing 5 lbs by the end of the second month. Spa day for reaching 3 month goals. Beach vacation for 2 without the kids if she makes her 6 month goal.

Just a thought since you're basically telling her she's not hot enough for you. :wacko:

Sounds like it might be cheaper to pay for liposuction.

Just a thought since you're basically telling her she's not hot enough for you. :D

Taking a page from the Twiley book, I asked my wife how she'd want me to handle this.

Her response: be honest and tell me flat out. In a nice, respetful way. No jokes and no attitude.

here's an idea to get a measure for how she feels about someone bringing up such a sensitive subject to their spouse and then knowing how to tread from there...

Tell her you read on "The Huddle" that someone wanted to know how to tell their wife she is less attractive for having gained weight...

Ask her what her advice would be, and if she goes batsh!t crazy, you'll know not to broach the subject with her. It could also be an indirect way to use it in relation to how the two of you see each other... while at the same time allowing you to deflect the question to an anonymous person from the huddle if it got too outta control. (or just throw DMD under the bus and say it was his post)

If all else fails, throw some flower at her! ! :wacko::D

20 lbs? Who cares? :D

Ummmm...... me..... :wacko:

So let me ask you something honestly, CR. I'm not trying to be a prick here. What happens when you're both in your 50s or 60s and the wrinkles start forming and the Oil Of Olay just doesn't seem to help her anymore? Do you dump her for a 30-40 year old?

+1 I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd rather have 20 lbs over than 5 under. Wimmens are supposed to be soft, curvaceous and smell nice. Bones and angles are NOT what we're looking for guys. :wacko:

+1

So let me ask you something honestly, CR. I'm not trying to be a prick here. What happens when you're both in your 50s or 60s and the wrinkles start forming and the Oil Of Olay just doesn't seem to help her anymore? Do you dump her for a 30-40 year old?

Fair question and I'll answer honestly regardless of what I may sound like to some at the end.

Maybe I do dump her. If I'm still in good shape and can attract a 30-40yr old at that age, maybe I do. I don't think I would as I sit here thinking about it, but I might. I'm a very visual person and if I don't like the way something looks, am I supposed to ignore it? Ain't gonna happen.

I have lots of opportunities now with 25-35yr olds and I'm 44, but I have never once crossed any lines. I like to flirt - makes me feel like I've still got it, but like I said - I don't do fat, and while she's not fat now (just a bit overweight), if it were to get to that point, I'd have a major problem with it. I'd prefer she just lost some weight though and vanquished these thoughts from my mind.

Some years ago I told her point blank - I don't do fat, so don't get fat.

I'm very blunt - to a fault. One of my greater assets and greater liabilities all rolled into one. That and impatience.

Let the bashing commence. :wacko:

Fair question and I'll answer honestly regardless of what I may sound like to some at the end.

Maybe I do dump her. If I'm still in good shape and can attract a 30-40yr old at that age, maybe I do. I don't think I would as I sit here thinking about it, but I might. I'm a very visual person and if I don't like the way something looks, am I supposed to ignore it? Ain't gonna happen.

I have lots of opportunities now with 25-35yr olds and I'm 44, but I have never once crossed any lines. I like to flirt - makes me feel like I've still got it, but like I said - I don't do fat, and while she's not fat now (just a bit overweight), if it were to get to that point, I'd have a major problem with it. I'd prefer she just lost some weight though and vanquished these thoughts from my mind.

I'm very blunt - to a fault. One of my greater assets and greater liabilities all rolled into one. That and impatience.

Let the bashing commence. :wacko:

I'm not going to bash you but this has been on my mind since you started this thread and now I'm going to ask..... Are you in love with your wife or are you just interested in a trophy/armpiece. Is she the love of your life or just a status symbol?

I'm not going to bash you but this has been on my mind since you started this thread and now I'm going to ask..... Are you in love with your wife or are you just interested in a trophy/armpiece. Is she the love of your life or just a status symbol?

There are varying degrees of love I would say. "Love of my life" is awfully strong from where I sit, but she probably is. Not looking for a status symbol or trophy, just someone that does it for me - regardless what anyone else thinks. A status symbol/trophy suggests that I care what others think about how she looks on my arm and that's not it at all. I just want me personally to be able to get turned on just by looking at her. Is that so wrong?

Edited by Cunning Runt

Maybe your wife can start jogging to lose some weight. Better yet, let her jog with Square's wife and they'll talk and your wife will tell Square's wife how miserable her life is married to someone like you and Square's wife will realize how good she has it.

It's the whole kill two birds with one stone kinda thing.

Edited by TimC

Maybe your wife can start jogging to lose some weight. Better yet, let her jog with Square's wife and they'll talk and your wife will tell Square's wife how miserable her life is married to someone like you and Square's wife will realize how good she has it.

don't cross the streams ...

I'm sorry but this is just funny :wacko:

Let the bashing commence. :D

yeah, you're so "blunt" and honest you come to an internet message board to ask how to tell your wife you think she's getting too fat :wacko:

some truth here: when you try and say "blunt", "visual", "impatient"....the words you are really looking for are shallow and narcissistic - and yes, to a fault.

20 lbs? Who cares? :wacko:

20 pounds is a lot on her frame. My wife is 5'2". If she weighed 125, she would be close to obese. Certainly considered overweight.

While I wouldn't leave her, it would affect our relationship. After 7 years, I'm still very turned on to my wife's body. She's a workout freak and that's one of the things I was attracted to when we met.

So I certainly see where CR is coming from. I think it should be handled delicately...but I think it should be handled.

20 pounds is a lot on her frame. My wife is 5'2". If she weighed 125, she would be close to obese. Certainly considered overweight.

While I wouldn't leave her, it would affect our relationship. After 7 years, I'm still very turned on to my wife's body. She's a workout freak and that's one of the things I was attracted to when we met.

So I certainly see where CR is coming from. I think it should be handled delicately...but I think it should be handled.

He can send his wife over here. I'll make sure it's "handled"... :wacko: