[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok ... what now?

muck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stop fighting the recession....let it happen and get it over with...

we went through a depression in 1920 that was far worse than the 1929 depression, but it only lasted 18 months while the 1929 depression lasted for years...

let the free market decide....and stop printing money also...

Zimbabwe here I come :wacko:

It's getting close to that time to kill anyone born between 1945 and 1965 since they really have taken far more than they've given throughout their life and have bankrupted the next generation thanks to their endless greed.

It's getting close to that time to kill anyone born between 1945 and 1965 since they really have taken far more than they've given throughout their life and have bankrupted the next generation thanks to their endless greed.

:wacko: Tim was born in 1966.

and those on welfare

In spite of fedgov tax revenues plummeting, the top 1% are getting creamed paying over 40% of fed taxes in spite of earning less than 23% of the income. And you want to tax them more, supporters of the obamessiah? Good luck creating jobs and getting any economic recovery with that. They'll take their ball and go home. Oh, and the bottom 95% of taxpayers payed less than 40% of the taxes. Eat the rich! :wacko:

stop fighting the recession....let it happen and get it over with...

we went through a depression in 1920 that was far worse than the 1929 depression, but it only lasted 18 months while the 1929 depression lasted for years...

let the free market decide....and stop printing money also...

Zimbabwe here I come :wacko:

Amen. Many people don't know that. If the government would just stop with all the manipulation (cough, cough, FED) and stimulus programs, we would probably be done with this mess by now. But since the government will never learn, this will be a decade-long CF.

In spite of fedgov tax revenues plummeting, the top 1% are getting creamed paying over 40% of fed taxes in spite of earning less than 23% of the income. And you want to tax them more, supporters of the obamessiah? Good luck creating jobs and getting any economic recovery with that. They'll take their ball and go home. Oh, and the bottom 95% of taxpayers payed less than 40% of the taxes. Eat the rich! :wacko:

Is it safe to assume that most of those top %1 are in the business of selling goods or services? If so, don't they merely pass on their tax burden to the public via higher prices? If anything, doesn't a progressive tax structure almost have a consumption tax feel to it as those costs are in the products and services we buy and sell?

It's a problem. I've seen at least a 100% increase in my tax controversy practice over the last 12 months. IRS is under incredible pressure to raise revenue. I almost feel sympathy for them. Almost.

Edited by yo mama

Amen. Many people don't know that. If the government would just stop with all the manipulation (cough, cough, FED) and stimulus programs, we would probably be done with this mess by now. But since the government will never learn, this will be a decade-long CF.

their motto is "problem, there's no problem here....honest"

It's a problem. I've seen at least a 100% increase in my tax controversy practice over the last 12 months. IRS is under incredible pressure to raise revenue. I almost feel sympathy for them. Almost.

You mean... they're actually trying to collect what they are owed? Man, they must be in trouble.

You mean... they're actually trying to collect what they are owed? Man, they must be in trouble.

That is neither what I said, nor what I meant. They are in a panic, just throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks. You seem to be under the erroneous impression that IRS seeks only the tax that is lawfully owed.

That is neither what I said, nor what I meant. They are in a panic, just throwing things at the wall to see if anything sticks. You seem to be under the erroneous impression that IRS seeks only the tax that is lawfully owed.

Actually, I'm under the impression that it's pretty easy to not pay them much of anything if you have a good account and lawyer.

bullsh|t

Are you disputing that the FED's historical manipulation of money supply has nothing to do with the current crisis? Or are you saying the government stimulus programs will not delay the current crisis? Or both?

I'm also curious to know if you think the worst is over and if you think we are in a recession or depression or neither.