[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texting While Driving PSA

loaf

What the hell is wrong with people? Texting while driving should be an immediate revocation of the driving privilege for a year.

What the hell is wrong with people? Texting while driving should be an immediate revocation of the driving privilege for a year.

Agree with extreme prejudice. Haven't noticed a real problem with men, but....................

Teenage girls and young women are the primary offenders. Sorry for the generalization but empirically, it's a fact. My daughter has been threatened with the loss of her keys if I ever find out she is texting while driving.

Agree with extreme prejudice. Haven't noticed a real problem with men, but....................

Teenage girls and young women are the primary offenders. Sorry for the generalization but empirically, it's a fact. My daughter has been threatened with the loss of her keys if I ever find out she is texting while driving.

My girls aren't old enough for that but that's the same way I'd handle it. If I caught 'em they'd be shut down for at least a year.

Guy I was riding with to a poker tourney received a text from his wife. He replied...and was all over the road. He even mentioned how well he drove while texting. Lucky for me, it was the only one he sent because I was about to tell him to let me drive. Anyone that texts while driving is f'n insane...but probably doesn't believe it.

I'm of the opinion that everyone should be tested... and if you are not coordinated enough to text, eat, read, listen to music, talk on cell phone, etc. while driving, then you should not be allowed behind the wheel at all. We don't need more restrictions upon all of us, we need to just be tougher about who gets a license in the first place.

I was on a business trip in Atlanta earlier this year and met two younger associates of the company we were working with. They took care of the rental car and driving out to the site... both of them were on their Blackberry phones non-stop, including the cat that was driving. I'm talking probably 2-3 total driving hours and the dude was typing away the entire time. :wacko:

While driving down the interstate my wife and I saw a guy in front og us who kept looking down. After a short while we realized he was texting, Oh! did I mention he was on a motorcycle? :wacko:

Sadly, he will probably reproduce.

Man, I text while I'm driving all of the time. In fact, I post on message boards while I'm driving too.

In fact, I'm driving right n

:wacko: