[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick to be reinstated in week 3

BearBroncos

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. If you don't want someone to be able to play in the NFL, you have to bar him in order to get your wish. This is different than saying "I don't think teams should give him a chance". Anyway, we're really going in circles here - I've grown tired and the gym calls . . .

Glad you're back either way, GB.

Also let me add... It is not just the fact that he is back making tons of money but you hear and see people actually cheering for this guy.

I can see how you may have an opinion that this guy deserves a second or third or furth chance - that is fine - I just can't believe that there are actual people out there who cheer for this guy. He is a thug POS and that is not deniable.

Also let me add... It is not just the fact that he is back making tons of money but you hear and see people actually cheering for this guy.

I can see how you may have an opinion that this guy deserves a second or third or furth chance - that is fine - I just can't believe that there are actual people out there who cheer for this guy. He is a thug POS and that is not deniable.

This I can understand - agreed. I won't be cheering for the guy anytime soon.

haha - what does this have to do with anything? were they supposed to give him more jail time because he had higher earning power?

It means he does not deserve to be making over a million dollars. Not my fault he is 9mil in debt. He can still make a living just not a living making over a million bucks. Do some hard labor - he is a convicted felon is he not???

It means he does not deserve to be making over a million dollars. Not my fault he is 9mil in debt. He can still make a living just not a living making over a million bucks. Do some hard labor - he is a convicted felon is he not???

Yes - and he served his time, which makes him an EX-con. You can't seriously think that it makes sense to cap the amount that ex-cons are allowed to earn simply because they committed crimes and paid for them. come on . . .

the whole point of the $9mm debt references is to show that this guy is not in a good situation right now

just a quick google search: 15 years

And by reading the article you would see:

"Carnley’s probation from a previous charge of attempting to possess a controlled substance was also revoked, resulting in the return to prison to serve the remaining 14 years of that 15 year sentence."

So basically he was out of jail for a previous 15 year sentence. One of two things has happened to get that 15 years, a) 15 years for dogfighting served concurrently with the drugs, or B ) 14 years for drugs + 1 year for dog fighting..

Either way this guy has had a long list of being in trouble before.. way longer than vicks.

edit: made it look nicer

Edited by PolishNorbi

just a quick google search: 15 years

it sounds like that guy had a few priors:

Court records show Carnley has a lengthy arrest record including theft, breaking and entering, promoting prison contraband, burglary, public intoxication, driving with suspended license, driving under the influence and harassment.

He was out of prison on probation from a drug sentence at the time of his arrest this week, records show.

What surprises me the most though ... he sucked as a QB so I am really surprised than anybody would take all that baggage for a QB that can't read a defense or throw a ball.

He sucked so bad a team signed him when they didn't need a QB. What a loopy world you live in eh?

I think you guys misunderstood my question...I asked for EVIDENCE vick was some serial torturer, not unproven allegations in a discarded indictment that, even if you accept every word without hearing the other side, don't even suggest what you claim.

What you have is a bunch of people who read newspaper headlines meeting up at the water cooler.

"Did you hear after he killed the dogs he ate them?"

"Really? I heard he made Christmas trees out of them."

Not intending to be offensive, but this is just straight ignorant. Nobody here "blamed" anything for Vick's behavior, other than his own idiocy. People commit crimes; they pay their debt to society - for you to say that they should forever be condemned to a life of flushing toilets is just foolish. People make mistakes and do heinous things, so they should lose their entire livelihood for the rest of their lives? Come on - for murder, yes - you lose your life for that because you go away forever. For lesser offenses, no - you get a second chance with a clean slate once you've done your time. I have no idea where people got this idea that people shouldn't be able to make a living when they get out of jail, but it's laughable.

People look at the fact that Vick makes a lot of money and assume that that means all is right in his world. NEWSFLASH - the guy is 9 MILLION dollars in debt. Even if he plays well and gets a nice fat contract for the next couple years, he will NEVER clear $9mm in net salary (how many years does he have left - 3? 4? He relies on his legs and they will run out sooner than later). He's got no more endorsements and will never have them again. MICHAEL VICK IS HOSED FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE FINANCIALLY, so let's not act like he's back on top of the world.

Actually isn't he in bankruptcy. If I understand the whole bankruptcy process once it is finalized he is no longer liable for his debts?

I'm not saying he should never be allowed to earn a living again, but he has done nothing so far to show any remorse for what he did or even that he comprehends why it was wrong. Sitting in a cell for a few months isn't going to rehabilitate someone as f%cked up as him. Why should anyone believe that he is going to come back and be a productive member of society? The league and the Eagles aren't doing him any favors by just letting him stroll back in based on nothing but talk. Why should he try to improve himself if no one is asking him to? Story of his life.

Yes - and he served his time, which makes him an EX-con. You can't seriously think that it makes sense to cap the amount that ex-cons are allowed to earn simply because they committed crimes and paid for them. come on . . .

the whole point of the $9mm debt references is to show that this guy is not in a good situation right now

In all honesty, there is no one to blame other than Vick for his debt. He made the decisions which resulted in him accruing such debt. He's no different than Darrel Strawberry (other than Darrel was a druggy) in that he wants sympathy for blowing all that money on what??? Luxuries that he knew he could no longer afford. He chose to file chapter 13 rather than liquidate any of the 6 houses he owned (er, paying a mortgage on).

I have no sympathy for a man that first, doesn't have the intelligence enough not to house an illegal activity and second, eliminate such large expense when you know you won't be bringing in any income for a long time.

Actually isn't he in bankruptcy. If I understand the whole bankruptcy process once it is finalized he is no longer liable for his debts?

Not with the new bankruptcy laws. Vick files for Chapter 13 which is a reorganization. The bankruptcy court evaluates what is considered a vital expense and funnels money to those creditors whilst creditors that are not considered vital are put on hold.

As far as I'm know, he will still be liable for the debt once the bankruptcy is finalized.

In all honesty, there is no one to blame other than Vick for his debt. He made the decisions which resulted in him accruing such debt. He's no different than Darrel Strawberry (other than Darrel was a druggy) in that he wants sympathy for blowing all that money on what??? Luxuries that he knew he could no longer afford. He chose to file chapter 13 rather than liquidate any of the 6 houses he owned (er, paying a mortgage on).

I have no sympathy for a man that first, doesn't have the intelligence enough not to house an illegal activity and second, eliminate such large expense when you know you won't be bringing in any income for a long time.

Did someone try to blame someone else for the debt here? Of course it's Vick's fault. The debt isn't the point anyway - only reason I brought it up was to illustrate that Vick isn't on any "throne" or what have you. The fact that he's making millions sounds bad to those who have no money, but it's all relative - Vick has even less money than everyone else when you consider the whole picture.

Nobody's asking for sympathy - simply that he be left alone to pursue his livelihood after he did his time. If people want to give him a job, fine - that's their call. If not, great - that's fine too. Asking that there be some sort of cap on what he should be able to earn simply because he's an ex-con - that's the part that makes no sense.

In any event, he sucked last night. 7 completions for what - 29 yards? Yeesh.

Not with the new bankruptcy laws. Vick files for Chapter 13 which is a reorganization. The bankruptcy court evaluates what is considered a vital expense and funnels money to those creditors whilst creditors that are not considered vital are put on hold.

As far as I'm know, he will still be liable for the debt once the bankruptcy is finalized.

word - he'll still be on the hook for most of it, albeit through a graduated repayment plan (that was the thing that finally got approval by the BR court earlier this week). he won't be seeing the vast majority of his income for many, many years.

Did someone try to blame someone else for the debt here? Of course it's Vick's fault. The debt isn't the point anyway - only reason I brought it up was to illustrate that Vick isn't on any "throne" or what have you. The fact that he's making millions sounds bad to those who have no money, but it's all relative - Vick has even less money than everyone else when you consider the whole picture.

Nobody's asking for sympathy - simply that he be left alone to pursue his livelihood after he did his time. If people want to give him a job, fine - that's their call. If not, great - that's fine too. Asking that there be some sort of cap on what he should be able to earn simply because he's an ex-con - that's the part that makes no sense.

In any event, he sucked last night. 7 completions for what - 29 yards? Yeesh.

Do you really think this? I could be way wrong here but I am guessing that within a year or two Mr Reformed/Remorseful Vick will not be driving around in a 1998 Ford. Do you think he won't have a Blackberry or Iphone? Do you not think he will be at a club at a reserved table buying Cristal???

I just don't believe Vick is going to hurting like some other ghetto thug would be if that person got caught killing and fighting dogs. Interesting to keep an eye on how this guy lives the next couple of years.

Do you really think this? I could be way wrong here but I am guessing that within a year or two Mr Reformed/Remorseful Vick will not be driving around in a 1998 Ford. Do you think he won't have a Blackberry or Iphone? Do you not think he will be at a club at a reserved table buying Cristal???

I just don't believe Vick is going to hurting like some other ghetto thug would be if that person got caught killing and fighting dogs. Interesting to keep an eye on how this guy lives the next couple of years.

If he has those things, it'll be because they're comped to him - not because he's spending his own loot on them (or if he is, he'll be doing so illegally).

We are in agreement ... you have to question what the hell Philly was thinking.

NO, I have to question why AGAIN there's 5 pages on this..again.

You hate the idea of him being back

You hate the idea of what he did

You feel he did his time

You don't feel he did enough time

Whatever, it is what it is. He's back

Chew on that bone.

NO, I have to question why AGAIN there's 5 pages on this..again.

You hate the idea of him being back

You hate the idea of what he did

You feel he did his time

You don't feel he did enough time

Whatever, it is what it is. He's back

Chew on that bone.

:wacko: