[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not A Homer

Scorcher

Washington offense against Rams could only get 9 points!!!!!???? The D let them score!!!???? Detroit Homers get ready, here comes your first victory in a long time. Seattle shut out the Rams and Washington barely won!!! Redskins are going to lose! Prediction: Detroit 24- Redskins 13.

Edited by Scorcher

Portis was pitiful, all things considered. He couldn't even score a touchdown! Detroit has play makers, Johnson, Smith, and don't forget a QB from the SEC!!!!! He's only a Rookie but he is going to smoke the Redskins "D".

id have to agree that this one looks ripe for the lions....a good shot at ending the skid

although i didnt see skins/rams game...i dunno how pitiful portis is yet....everything im reading from scouts and guys with a good pulse on the league say that hes still running hard and isnt showing any signs of age/wear and tear(and im not talking about preseason reports...im still reading stuff like this as of today)....most of his problems revolve on the things going on around him

i know portis is way too professional and always plays hard....so it really doesnt matter...but i almost wonder if zorn getting canned early would help...i dont think portis is too keen on zorn and im sure there are probably a few others there who feel the same

Portis was pitiful, all things considered. He couldn't even score a touchdown! Detroit has play makers, Johnson, Smith, and don't forget a QB from the SEC!!!!! He's only a Rookie but he is going to smoke the Redskins "D".

I won't agree with that til I see Stafford learn to put some touch on the ball. Every throw is rifled with quite a few missed oppurtunites because of it. Hopefully he'll learn something he should already know, until then I'm not jumping on a bandwagon for him. If there ever was a team as a thorn in our side, it's the Redskins.

I won't agree with that til I see Stafford learn to put some touch on the ball. Every throw is rifled with quite a few missed oppurtunites because of it. Hopefully he'll learn something he should already know, until then I'm not jumping on a bandwagon for him. If there ever was a team as a thorn in our side, it's the Redskins.

Okay, I'll accept that critic on Stafford, but I still think Detroit will get their first win this week. Aside from Portis do you see any big time playmakers in Washington?

Okay, I'll accept that critic on Stafford, but I still think Detroit will get their first win this week. Aside from Portis do you see any big time playmakers in Washington?

Cooley comes to mind...

Plus you're talking to the guy who had to listen to how long it;s been since we beat the Redskins from my cousin in Maryland. Hang on Snoopy , sloopy, whatever the hell it was, was the #1 song. . Yes we finally beat them 4-5 yrs ago I think. I also remember playing them the 1st game of the season in 91, got our ass's handed to us. We go 12-4, face em in the championship game and still got our ass's handed to us again. Our history against the Skins is very poor, if not pathetic, is mainly my point. I'd love to win, but I'm in no way betting on it. Stafford has quite aways to go yet, and I don't think he's anywhere as good as Campbell, yet. Us Lions fans are die hard hopefuls, don't ask why, even we don't know. Until I see more, I'm not sure we'll get that win. I still remember clear as day as I was in Washington, and Scott Mitchell handing the Redskins the game with a piss poor interception thrown right to the db.

Cooley comes to mind...

Plus you're talking to the guy who had to listen to how long it;s been since we beat the Redskins from my cousin in Maryland. Hang on Snoopy , sloopy, whatever the hell it was, was the #1 song. . Yes we finally beat them 4-5 yrs ago I think. I also remember playing them the 1st game of the season in 91, got our ass's handed to us. We go 12-4, face em in the championship game and still got our ass's handed to us again. Our history against the Skins is very poor, if not pathetic, is mainly my point. I'd love to win, but I'm in no way betting on it. Stafford has quite aways to go yet, and I don't think he's anywhere as good as Campbell, yet. Us Lions fans are die hard hopefuls, don't ask why, even we don't know. Until I see more, I'm not sure we'll get that win. I still remember clear as day as I was in Washington, and Scott Mitchell handing the Redskins the game with a piss poor interception thrown right to the db.

This is a whole different situation. Campbell may be out, Detroit "D" gets a lot less credit because of the offense. Detroit wins and hands the Redskins their a#$ses.

Last week Washington moved the ball up and down the field repeatedly, and possessed the ball inside the Rams 10 yard line four times, only to come away with three field goals. Zorn has been defending the horrible coaching and play calls in the red zone all week. I say this just to point out that Washington really should have pounded the Rams based on how well they moved the ball.

If they learn from their red zone mistakes, Detroit is in trouble. If not (and there is a chance they won't based on Zorn's comments) Detroit could pull the upset.

Last week Washington moved the ball up and down the field repeatedly, and possessed the ball inside the Rams 10 yard line four times, only to come away with three field goals. Zorn has been defending the horrible coaching and play calls in the red zone all week. I say this just to point out that Washington really should have pounded the Rams based on how well they moved the ball.

If they learn from their red zone mistakes, Detroit is in trouble. If not (and there is a chance they won't based on Zorn's comments) Detroit could pull the upset.

Exactly, people are basing their picks off of the score. Wash should have wiped the floor with the Rams.

I certainly hope so. The clamoring for Daunte Culpepper that I am hearing on the local sports channel is getting on my nerves.

DID YOU KNOW THAT CULPEPPER LOST 30 POUNDS!?

:wacko:

I hear ya Furd. 97.1 The ticket should be re-named to 97.1 Staffords ticket to ride. :D

DID YOU KNOW THAT CULPEPPER LOST 30 POUNDS!?

Hopefully not in his hands, that would not be good.

As to the Lions winning this week..... :D

They still have some work to do to eclipse the league record of 26 straight losses, now's no time to be talking about winning. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

All week, the Redskins faithful have been KILLING the team for their inability to route the Rams. The fans and many players treated the Rams win almost like a loss - the 9-7 final score was humiliating. Many have questioned the players, the coaches, the organization, and Danny-boy. If ever the team was going to be laser focused, with a single purpose to not only win a game but to bury an opponent, it is this week for the Skins vs the Lions. No team has more motivation (after getting booed in their own stadium during a winning effort) to show what they can truly be as a team - were they just victims of bad luck (two awful dropped passes in the end zone) or is the 9-7 score truly indicative of their talent and skill level? If you think the Skins are better than the 9-7 score...go to Vegas and take them and the points. If you believe Zorn is a idiot who calls halfback passes on third down at the five yard line (when no linebacker or safety is going to bite on the run)....then take the Lions and the points.

I believe the Skins DST is way to good to allow them to lose this game to the Lions. The offense will put up more points this week because their backs are against the wall and they have to produce - literally, careers are on the line this Sunday.

Take the Skins and the points.

halfback passes on third down at the five yard line (when no linebacker or safety is going to bite on the run).....

I

yeah, wait-what? I agree. Just run the play you practice. And not that one. The other one. The simple one. The one that might have had a LITTLE better chance of getting in the da mn red zone.

" :wacko: Oh wait, were supposed to go into the redzone and keep going? ooooooohhhhhhhhh I see now. Well dagnabbit lets turn this ship around...."