[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 American hikers in Iran

Savage Beatings

So I'm sure most of you have heard about this. A couple of months ago three young Americans went hiking in Northern Iraq, and accidentally strayed into Iran and were arrested, and continue to be held.

While it must suck to be an American held in an Iranian prison, from the first moment that I heard about this story, I was suspicious. Who in their right mind goes hiking along the border of Iraq/Iran just for kicks? Something isn't right about this story. Are these guys really that incredibly stupid? I suspect that they were up to something. What do you all think?

I was going to say, these people must either be remarkably naive and stupid, or working for the CIA....which is it? then I clicked the link and read that they are all berkeley grads and that kinda answered my question.

so there smarter than you?

This reminds me of a canoe trip I took with 3 of my buddies when I lived in Atlanta. We drove out to Aintry where we encountered some colorful locals. My friend Drew happened to bring his guitar and had an impromptu jam session with a boy who played banjo. Later some stuff happened that I'd rather not get in to.

I was going to say, these people must either be remarkably naive and stupid, or working for the CIA....which is it? then I clicked the link and read that they are all berkeley grads and that kinda answered my question.

What kind of intelligence need would make the CIA put three neophyte operatives on the ground? If they did need to for a meeting with some technology challenged local warlord or whatever, it obviously wouldn't be three pimply-faced buffoons from SoCal, would it.......? :wacko:

This reminds me of a canoe trip I took with 3 of my buddies when I lived in Atlanta. We drove out to Aintry where we encountered some colorful locals. My friend Drew happened to bring his guitar and had an impromptu jam session with a boy who played banjo. Later some stuff happened that I'd rather not get in to.

That sounds rough.

One time back when I worked for a pharmaceutical company, I went down to Haiti to check on a rumor about a herbal drug that rendered a person totally paralyzed, but still conscious. But, I was way out of place in this land of witch doctors and craziness. Next thing you know... Boom. Stake through the scrotum, then I get buried alive. Man, that sucked.

:wacko:

In all seriousness, +1 to the rest. I'm about as astonished by this as I was when I found out the dude who was living with grizzlies got mauled.

That sounds rough.

One time back when I worked for a pharmaceutical company, I went down to Haiti to check on a rumor about a herbal drug that rendered a person totally paralyzed, but still conscious. But, I was way out of place in this land of witch doctors and craziness. Next thing you know... Boom. Stake through the scrotum, then I get buried alive. Man, that sucked.

Dennis Allan? Is that you? I heard you married some girl next door looking chick that stalked and raped your comatose brother?

:wacko::D

Sir, I tip my hat.

Oh my, I never thought that I would hear from you again... PM me maybe we can get back together

P.S. Sorry about he um... tearing, did you get that fixed? And I still have my Banjo.

:wacko: