[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

R. Mendenhall

JaysGoingDown

I hope I end up being wrong on this one but I very much agree. Everything that I have seen with my own eyes and have heard from people that I respect tells me that this is a sell high situation right here and now.

You may be right, but what I saw was a big powerful runner with very good cutting ability and good speed. He did decently in blocking most plays (but whiffed on a couple) If he cures that fumble problem he brought to the league with him, then he will be gold. I drafted him in a Keeper/Dynasty last year and I won't be selling him. I think he is the real deal. The future in Pittsburgh does not lie with Parker.

You may be right, but what I saw was a big powerful runner with very good cutting ability and good speed. He did decently in blocking most plays (but whiffed on a couple) If he cures that fumble problem he brought to the league with him, then he will be gold. I drafted him in a Keeper/Dynasty last year and I won't be selling him. I think he is the real deal. The future in Pittsburgh does not lie with Parker.

How do you think Parker would have done last night?

I hope I end up being wrong on this one but I very much agree. Everything that I have seen with my own eyes and have heard from people that I respect tells me that this is a sell high situation right here and now.

gotta ask, what are you hearing and seeing???

why wouldnt Mendenhall be the man until he stumbles....??? He tore apart the Chargers (yeah, not that great of a D anymore), so why wouldnt we expect him to do the same thing against the Lions next week???

If Willie is healthy, he gets the start over Mendenhall????

why wouldnt Mendenhall be the man until he stumbles....??? He tore apart the Chargers (yeah, not that great of a D anymore), so why wouldnt we expect him to do the same thing against the Lions next week???

I hope Mendenhall is the #1 now

Yes cause you don't lose your job based on 1 game. It was only 1 game vs. a suspect defense so don't go sellin the fort based on that or even this weeks performance if he does well vs the lions. I will base my opinion on a full 4 quarters vs a tough defense if he can perform at a high level there I will then change my view of things!

Yes cause you don't lose your job based on 1 game. It was only 1 game vs. a suspect defense so don't go sellin the fort based on that or even this weeks performance if he does well vs the lions. I will base my opinion on a full 4 quarters vs a tough defense if he can perform at a high level there I will then change my view of things!

The difference being that Parker hasn't been able to produce the last two games they have lost. Tomlin is realizing that he can't get away from the model that made them successful and a good running game will be the only thing that keeps them in the hunt for another championship.

The difference being that Parker hasn't been able to produce the last two games they have lost. Tomlin is realizing that he can't get away from the model that made them successful and a good running game will be the only thing that keeps them in the hunt for another championship.

Still have to see him a full game vs a tough def not gonna crown him until he has proven himself worthy vs. a worthy opponent!

Willie is still the starter if healthy, sell high, I am warning ya!

Maybe I have been watching a different FWP than those of you still hanging onto his jockstrap, but it seems to me that the Steelers are desperate for an option besides FWP. And some people seem to get hung up on the term "starter." It is an RBBC league. And I would guess that the Steelers drafted Mendenhall with the intention of putting him in the Jerome Bettis role. Parker has been anything BUT special even when he is on the field so I'm sot sure how you can make such a definitive statement. It was only one game against a decidedly un-game competitor, but Mendenhall did exactly what they want him to do, and it would be foolish to discount the possibility that Mendenhall and his "fresh legs" won't carry the running game for this team going forward.

I could see trading Mendenhall right now if you could get a real good deal for him, but do so knowing it could bite you in the ass.

Still have to see him a full game vs a tough def not gonna crown him until he has proven himself worthy vs. a worthy opponent!

And you taking the right approach. Hold and see, but Mendenhall was meant to Parkers replacement. They drafted him just for that reason and he IS a better back than Parker is. It's just the timing issue.

That was the Mendenhall that I was hoping to see after we drafted him. Yes, the offensive line deserves a lot of the credit, as they opened some nice lanes for him. However, I was very impressed with the explosiveness that Mendenhall showed. It looked like they definitely lit a fire under his butt, as that was the hardest I've seen him run since he arrived. He was running with attitude and it was a great thing to see.

My opinion is that when Parker is healthy, he regains his starting job, but, Mendenhall's performance will get him a lot more time on the field. I see it starting as 60/40 Parker, and if Mendenhall continue to out-produce him, he will eat into that and possibly eventually take the job. The Steelers won't admit it and won't do anything to put wins in jeopardy, but, they are hoping that Mendenhall shows that he can be the man. Parker is a UFA after this season (If I remember right), and I don't see the Steelers making a move on him, especially if Mendenhall shows that he can be the man. Last night was a great start.

no reason not to be happy with what Mendenhall showed. 165 yards against anyone is a good night. but our D-line is a mess. Pittsburgh hasn't been able to open holes like that against anyone up until the Chargers game.

the kid did well, but i'm guaranteeing you that our lack of talent up front was more than 50% responsible for his performance.

doesnt' mean he won't be something but give it another game or two before you crown his ass.