[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

MojoMan

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a signal from the rest of the world and it's a good signal. Has he done enough to earn it? Heck no - not yet. Is it good that the Nobel Committee wants to show it's enthusiasm? Yes.

It's an outrage I say...Disgusting, unreal. I'll probably get taxed for just having this award bestowed upon him!!!!! :wacko:

It's a signal from the rest of the world and it's a good signal. Has he done enough to earn it? Heck no - not yet. Is it good that the Nobel Committee wants to show it's enthusiasm? Yes.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It might mean that the Nobel committee thinks that he is doing what is in the "world's" best interest. Which honestly is great so long as the "world's" best interest then the United States best interest are the same.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I'm not sure I agree with that. It might mean that the Nobel committee thinks that he is doing what is in the "world's" best interest. Which honestly is great so long as the "world's" best interest then the United States best interest are the same.

Globalization and interdependency means that at the highest levels more and more of the world's interests are aligned.

Globalization and interdependency means that at the highest levels more and more of the world's interests are aligned.

Thank you Woodrow Wilson. BTW that idiot won the prize too, along with Jimmy Carter. That doesn't bode well for us does it. Seriously I don't have a problem as long as the World's interests and ours are the same, but the minute they diverge I hope he remembers that he is the President of the United States, and not campaigning to be Secretary General or something.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Thank you Woodrow Wilson. BTW that idiot won the prize too, along with Jimmy Carter. That doesn't bode well for us does it. Seriously I don't have a problem as long as the World's interests and ours are the same, but the minute they diverge I hope he remembers that he is the President of the United States, and not campaigning to be Secretary General or something.

Whether you like it or not, there's a progression through human history from clan to nation and, shortly, beyond. The days of splendid isolation are done - everything everyone does affects everyone else.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Just a wild guess here, without reading much: perch has the most posts of anyone and not one positive congratulations or good thing to say in the bunch.

:wacko:

Not bad. :D

Poster Posts

TimC 6

Perchoutofwater 6

nuke'em ttg 5

Duchess Jack 4

Just a wild guess here, without reading much: perch has the most posts of anyone and not one positive congratulations or good thing to say in the bunch.

:wacko:

I really haven't said anything negative about Obama. I don't know if congratulations are in order seeing as though he was nominated 12 days after he was sworn into office, and really hadn't done anything to deserve it. As I said earlier, this really doesn't say much about Obama, but speaks volumes about how partisan and irrelevant the Nobel Prize has become. Look at some of the winners, Woodrow Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Yasser Arafat, Al Gore, I'm not really sure I'd consider that good company to be in. Again this isn't an indictment against Obama, but rather against the Nobel Prize selection committee.

Perch is going to feel awfully coy next year when the Nobel Peace Prize gives awards out to those who spend their entire day posting Obama stuff on the innernents.

Didn't you get one the last 8 years for posting Bush stuff?