[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PT owners where you at?

CSA81

There are actually a lot of threads on this subject dating back to preseason. Most of which address this situation.

Here's the link

FWIW, I would start him, but not expect a huge game mostly because of who they are playing.

yea I knew there were a lot of threads on this topic. I was really trying to have decent discussion on the status of the situation in NO recently, since the latest two were somewhat hijacked. I knew they were gonna split carries and such, but just wanted to talk with some PT owners about it. I didn't really need advice, since I was starting him anyway (but I appriciate it tho) just wanted a convo

Payton knows PT is more talented than Bell and will take advantage of that IMO. I'm not real worried about the split in carries, as I doubt it will be anywhere close to 50/50. And with the way that offense can stretch the field there's usu plenty of running room.

As for this week, yeah its the Giants, but that D gives up a rushing ave of over 4 yards/carry.

Thomas is far better than Bell, and when he is healthy the numbers will show that. I just dealt for him the day (prior to the injury designation) with that in mind. I think he will put up really good number from here on out, but with the mystery surrounding just how much the hamstring will limit him and the Giants as the opponent, I am erring on the side of caution. I would advise this if you have another comparable option for the week. I do (Grant vs Lions), but I know everyone doesn't have that luxury. I think he gets 15-20 touches, but against the Giants what will he do with them? I don't have that answer... :wacko:

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Thomas is far better than Bell, and when he is healthy the numbers will show that. I just dealt for him the day (prior to the injury designation) with that in mind. I think he will put up really good number from here on out, but with the mystery surrounding just how much the hamstring will limit him and the Giants as the opponent, I am erring on the side of caution. I would advise this if you have another comparable option for the week. I do (Grant vs Lions), but I know everyone doesn't have that luxury. I think he gets 15-20 touches, but against the Giants what will he do with them? I don't have that answer... :wacko:

I like him too but this week is a tough matchup. I have Slaton, Thomas Jones, Ray Rice and Pierre. Of those I like Rice and TJ.

It would be placed right next to the "Portis is a turd" forum.

and is this the week LT actually performs.

I have PT and am starting him with confindence.. :wacko:

Naw. I'm confident.

Payton knows PT is more talented than Bell and will take advantage of that IMO. I'm not real worried about the split in carries, as I doubt it will be anywhere close to 50/50. And with the way that offense can stretch the field there's usu plenty of running room.

As for this week, yeah its the Giants, but that D gives up a rushing ave of over 4 yards/carry.

How is that confidence level now ? Mine isn't too high...I have P-Thomas and Bell both in a few leagues I just may start both of them every week from now on. I can't take the pain anymore.

How is that confidence level now ? Mine isn't too high...I have P-Thomas and Bell both in a few leagues I just may start both of them every week from now on. I can't take the pain anymore.

Looking at the box score it may seem that way, but the reality is that aside from a couple short-yardage carries, PT had all the carries when the game was semi-close. Bell and Bush did their damage when the game was out of reach...