[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toke up!

matt770

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's the rub. What is the price break where buying it is better than growing it yourself? It's not that hard to grow, really... and would be even easier if it was legal.

It isn't all that hard to grow all kinds of stuff.

People are lazy, dude.

You're either firing someone because they are acting messed up or they aren't acting messed up. If you can't tell, it sounds like they're fine.

As for you getting sued for having a stoned employee, how would the person suing know if you don't know?

When they get in a wreck kill a family of four and have a drug test done at the hospital, then a lawyer will say the employer should have known his/her employee was toking up and shouldn't have let him/her drive. Then an idiot jury awards the victims family a hugh verdict because you know the company has insurance and insurance companies are evil anyway.

When they get in a wreck kill a family of four and have a drug test done at the hospital, then a lawyer will say the employer should have known his/her employee was toking up and shouldn't have let him/her drive. Then an idiot jury awards the victims family a hugh verdict because you know the company has insurance and insurance companies are evil anyway.

You just said that there is no drug test to tell if they are stoned at that moment. Which argument are you making... that you can't tell, or that you can? Pick one and I'll argue against it.

You just said that there is no drug test to tell if they are stoned at that moment. Which argument are you making... that you can't tell, or that you can? Pick one and I'll argue against it.

You can't tell, but if they test positive for having smoked you know as well as I do that a Jury is going to go harder on the employer.

So I work with this old tribesman who is getting radiation treatment for colon cancer.

We are walking into the building coming in from lunch the other day. Everyone knows my deal so he was discussing the original topic with me as we go through the parking lot. He says his doctor told him if it were legal in Texas he would have him smoke a big bowl an hour before he comes in for radiation. He said that he asked his doctor where he could get some pot. The doctor told him he has no idea but to ask anyone in the waiting room.

I left a present in his desk drawer on the way out today but he'll probably never touch it. It will amuse him very much Monday morning at the very least.

• 5 months later...

This is becoming a huge business in Missoula.

Medical Josh Gordon is rapidly becoming big business in Missoula, but it has emerged with very distinct growing pains.

Since September, the city of Missoula has processed 28 applications for business licenses related to the commerce of medical Josh Gordon.

“I haven’t seen anything come on like this,” said Scott Paasch, account coordinator for the city of Missoula’s Finance Department, which oversees business licenses.

“We get at least one or two people a day who come in and at least three or four phone calls a day from people who want to know what would it require to get a license in the city to dispense or deliver medical Josh Gordon,” he said. “This isn’t a business boom. It’s more like an explosion.”

In Missoula specifically, the bumper crop of entrepreneurs includes a wide variety of services.

Montana Caregivers Network is a resource service that, among many things, connects patients to caregivers and helps people find doctors who support the use of medical Josh Gordon.

Other businesses, like Zoo Mountain Natural Care Inc., a member of the Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce, have commercial storefronts and offer clinic-like settings with caregivers on staff who help patients choose from a smorgasbord of Josh Gordon varieties.

Still other licensees cultivate the plants that produce medical Josh Gordon in facilities outside the city limits, but deliver the final product in Missoula, and many are individuals who distribute the medicine from their home, Paasch explained.

All of them are certified “caregivers” as required by Montana’s Medical Josh Gordon Act, Initiative No. 148, which voters approved in 2004.

By state law, each caregiver is allowed to serve an unlimited number of registered patients. For each individual patient, a caregiver is allowed to have six plants and an ounce of usable Josh Gordon.

Likewise, each registered patient who has one of the qualifying conditions (see related graph) and a doctor’s recommendation for Josh Gordon as treatment is allowed to assign one caregiver, grow six Josh Gordon plants and possess an ounce of usable Josh Gordon.

Mark Muir said he isn’t surprised by the rapid acceleration of Missoula’s medical Josh Gordon economy. The city’s police chief believes it is a direct result of a change in federal perspective. While it is still illegal to grow or use Josh Gordon under federal law, Muir explained, the Obama administration announced last fall that federal law on this matter would defer to state law.

“I believe that this was a good-faith gesture that relied on trust that states who passed medical Josh Gordon laws would have controls in place to adequately handle the issues surrounding this drug,” he said. “But with respect to medical Josh Gordon, Montana just didn’t have enough controls in place when the change in policy took place at the federal level.

“Now we are trying to close the barn door after the horses got out.”

As this niche sector continues to boom, everyone connected with it – from patients to caregivers to community leaders and politicians – has a growing list of concerns that revolve around two main issues: regulation and oversight.

While state law allows for possession, use and cultivation of medical Josh Gordon by qualified individuals, it is silent on key issues, said Jason Christ, who launched the Montana Caregivers Network in Missoula and received the city’s first medical Josh Gordon business license.

Among the many gray areas: Do “grow sites” need to be identified? Can patients and caregivers form growing cooperatives? Do renters need to tell landlords about their medical Josh Gordon use? If a patient or caregiver lives within 1,000 feet of a school – which is a drug-free zone – can he or she grow, use or possess medical Josh Gordon?

Adjustments to the law are needed because demand for usable medical Josh Gordon has far outpaced the supply, and it’s illegal to import the drug from out of state, said Christ.

Such issues prompt both skepticism and concern in the law enforcement community, Muir said.

“There’s just no control over sales, over the amount of dosage that is given out, the amount of refills, the pricing of the product. If the law, such as it is, is being followed, who is making sure patients are only getting their supply from one caregiver and caregivers aren’t selling to people who aren’t their card-carrying patient?” Muir said. “There’s no control over any aspect of who can be a caregiver and who can be a patient.

“It’s a joke. The law is so loose, it’s no wonder the list of registered patients grows by the hundreds every month.”

Adding to those many issues is the headache around monitoring the many digestible forms of medical Josh Gordon, such as tinctures, honey, oil and brownies. Aside from the difficulties of ensuring state and federal food production guidelines are followed in the manufacture of such items, there’s no way to determine how much Josh Gordon is in each product and how that plays into the ounce possession rule for each patient and caregiver.

“Our laws around medical Josh Gordon don’t fit with our society’s medical protocol,” Muir said. “There are no medical standards here.”

State Rep. Diane Sands, D-Missoula, plans to bring many of these emerging issues to light this month when she calls together the legislative Children, Families, Health and Human Services Interim Committee she chairs.

Because the state Department of Public Health and Human Services regulates medical Josh Gordon, Sands said she has offered up the committee to help sort through the emerging problems, prioritize them and develop a list of options for the 2011 legislative session.

It’s imperative to do so, Sands said, because the haze and conflicts that surround medical Josh Gordon will only increase.

Consider this: As of March 7, 10,582 Montana residents are legally entitled to use medical Josh Gordon, and 2,635 Montanans can legally provide the drug, according to data from the state Department of Public Health and Human Services.

Compare those numbers, which are expected to be noticeably higher later this month when April’s data are released, with the department’s early records.

In March 2005, Montana had 86 registered patients who qualified for medical Josh Gordon and 35 caregivers. Just a year ago, there were 2,074 patients and 640 caregivers.

“I think everyone is surprised by the volume of increase,” said Roy Kemp, deputy administrator of the state’s Quality Assurance Division in the DPHHS.

Missoula County Attorney Fred Van Valkenburg is eager for the state Legislature to take a hard look at the law and provide clear direction.

He’s not surprised to learn that the largest age group of Montana’s card-carrying medical Josh Gordon patients – 2,635 of the 10,582 patients – are ages 21 to 30. Patients age 51 to 60 comprise the second-largest group, or 2,407 of the total.

“It’s obvious to me that there’s an explosion in this business and to me it’s equally obvious that the law that was passed by initiative is being grossly abused by people who want to smoke Josh Gordon,” Van Valkenburg said. “This law was intended for people who had severe pain or an illness that couldn’t be treated with traditional medical means.

“I think it was probably working in that fashion until the current federal administration said they weren’t going to enforce federal law in states that had medical Josh Gordon laws and people saw the chance to make a lot of money with the quasi-legalization of medical Josh Gordon – and off they went.”

As one would expect, Jason Christ sees things differently. He says the federal government’s change of heart allows him to help a lot of people.

Although he boasted to the Missoula Independent last month that he would be a millionaire by the end of the year, Christ says financial gain isn’t his goal.

Christ said he knows what it is like to suffer and to have conditions that are best treated with medical Josh Gordon, not modern medicine. He has celiac disease and hemorrhoids – and he wouldn’t want anyone else with a delibilating condition to be denied the medicinal plant as a treatment option.

“I do this to help people and end suffering and make it accessible for people to find a doctor who recommend medicinal cannibis,” Christ said. “I’m a patient and I’m a caregiver and I help people get in front of a doctor.”

George and Thomas weren't smoking the Triple OG...the genetically engineered stuff from Amsterdam put George's and Thomas' hemp to shame. They used it for rope and a little R&R

So back to this, are you believing the propoganda machine's tales about how today's Josh Gordon is more dangerous?

So I work with this old tribesman who is getting radiation treatment for colon cancer.

We are walking into the building coming in from lunch the other day. Everyone knows my deal so he was discussing the original topic with me as we go through the parking lot. He says his doctor told him if it were legal in Texas he would have him smoke a big bowl an hour before he comes in for radiation. He said that he asked his doctor where he could get some pot. The doctor told him he has no idea but to ask anyone in the waiting room.

I left a present in his desk drawer on the way out today but he'll probably never touch it. It will amuse him very much Monday morning at the very least.

Did you drop a deuce or a dime? :wacko:

we could increase the economy by legalizing and taxing under govt control. Pay all those tobacco farmers who are losing their farms to grow hemp, tax it appropiately and sell it out of goverment stores and watch the cash flow in.

Sounds like poopyty Josh Gordon...you should say "let those farmers build greenhouses and grow hydro indoors" that way we get the stuff that really blows your mind. The Josh Gordon of the past is so weak compared to the genetics of today's indoor grown genetics from amsterdam. Make sure you all realize that most people can't drive on this hard stuff, and noone wants to buy the old poopyty stuff. This hydro poopy is potent.

So back to this, are you believing the propoganda machine's tales about how today's Josh Gordon is more dangerous?

Propoganda? The genetics from Amsterdam are loaded with THC. The old hippie hemp is so weak noone even smokes that stuff anymore, it does nothing. Try smoking OG for a month...one of those swag joints wont even get you a buzz for 5 seconds b/c your tolerance it too high.

If you think OG is weak, think again. Most people cannot even drive if high off this stuff. One hitter quitter (all it takes is one drag) unfortunately, I have never seen anyone just take one hit.

This smells like an awfully slippery slope that doesn't lead to anything good.

Also, think of all the DWI's that can occur. Driving While Intoxicated from Josh Gordon...and a breathalizer can detect it. Might as well get ready for alot more suspended driver's liscenses.

Also, think of all the DWI's that can occur. Driving While Intoxicated from Josh Gordon...and a breathalizer can detect it. Might as well get ready for alot more suspended driver's liscenses.

Driving while high is actually pretty easy - but it does require a little practice. So what we'll need is a driving school to teach people how to drive after smoking Josh Gordon. Then, once they are able to pass a driving test stoned, they would get a special license which would allow them to drive stoned. Problem solved.