[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

hbo vs showtime vs cinemax vs starz

CaP'N GRuNGe

Cox sent me an offer to get 3 free months of one of their movie channels. I haven't subscribed to any of these movie channels for years. Which is one is better? I'm assuming hbo or showtime? I have netflix already so I can get any movie anytime so I'd imagine it's the original series that would be the key in picking one?

Don't do it! It is just the bait on the end of the hook that they are going to set as soon as you try one out. I just tried HBO about 25 years ago and now I have to watch whatever current show, (True Blood), that they are showing. In this day and age we don't need any stinking movie channles.

DirecTV gave me some months free of some of the crap channels 534-549 for thanking me for being a customer. It's about to expire and they called asking if I'd like to keep it. I flipped up there once in awhile and never saw anything on at all. I cancelled all my movie channels and went to Netflix and haven't looked back since. It's seems so weird now to have the same 10 movies over and over chosen for you by them now.

I've just recently dumped everything except Showtime and HBO. I kept those becasue of the shows, not because of the movies.

DirecTV gave me some months free of some of the crap channels 534-549 for thanking me for being a customer. It's about to expire and they called asking if I'd like to keep it. I flipped up there once in awhile and never saw anything on at all. I cancelled all my movie channels and went to Netflix and haven't looked back since. It's seems so weird now to have the same 10 movies over and over chosen for you by them now.

There's also Netflix on demand through a pc, xbox, roku box, or some bluray players. :wacko: I watch a lot of stuff through that too.

I ended up picking HBO.

It's 3 months free and it automatically expires after 3 months. If you want to keep it you need to contact them and then you will be billed.

Finally a company approaches one of these free offer deals from a customers perspective.

Just marketing to try get you hooked for sure. They also are doing a free on demand movie a month for the next 3 months. Only catch there is you are billed and then you receive a credit a month or two later.

It's 3 months free and it automatically expires after 3 months. If you want to keep it you need to contact them and then you will be billed.

Finally a company approaches one of these free offer deals from a customers perspective.

I wouldn't not count on it automatically stopping. The rep might have said that it would, but that doesn't guarantee it.

I ended up picking HBO.

Just marketing to try get you hooked for sure. They also are doing a free on demand movie a month for the next 3 months. Only catch there is you are billed and then you receive a credit a month or two later.

i would still call to cancel in 2.5mo.

I wouldn't not count on it automatically stopping. The rep might have said that it would, but that doesn't guarantee it.

+1

I ended up picking HBO.

Start by going to On Demand and watch all of the "True Blood" episodes.