[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young - Turn Titans Around?

coopershit

Hello all,

I know Mr. Young may be on suicide watch this week due to the "pressure" and huge "media" scene in Tennessee about him being a starter again.

Lets just hope this time, he doesn't disappear for a few days again.

Lets also assume he makes his first start on Sunday. I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling the "pressure" he is somewhat contagious too may not affect him this week. Considering the entire Titans organization got the infamous 0 - 6 vaccine. I honestly feel, call me crazy like YOUNG... that he may lead them to their first victory on Sunday.

Lets look at Kerry Collins stats in week 4 vs. the Jags on the road ... 29/49 284 yards 1TD (best of the season) 1 rush 10 yrds 1 TD

With Jacksonville giving up silly numbers to ALL offenses I feel there is a good chance Vince Young shocks the fantasy world.

But what do i know, I just bashed some guy on Tuesday morning in the Huddle Fantasy Football Advice section for asking if he should start Vince Young (if he was made starter by the titans) over Matt Ryan. Then he was made starter, I started looking at the numbers and previous match ups.

After convincing myself I wasn't high for taking the time out of my day to do this, I realized Vince might have a chance to actually put up decent fantasy numbers THIS WEEK espically if your league gives bonus points for players scoring out of position etc... QB runs a TD/ RB pass a TD

Just a silly thought... now it is time for me to get high!

Let me all know what you think or if i am as crazy as the guy i bashed earlier this week....

If you are starting Young one of the following is true:

You are winless in fantasy and are taking a shot

Your QB is on bye and there is nothing out there

You are really bad in fantasy

This is true.. I was not recommending to start him. Just remember if he puts up relevant fantasy stats remember who mentioned it first.

Vince Young is an awful QB. And he has no desire, or ability, to change. He has terrible mechanics, and relies on raw athleticism, which is not enough at the QB position in the NFL. He's also not very smart.

This is true as well!

But just for this ONE game.. he may look like he is at TX again.

I've Palmer and Edwards in my work league - so I needed to do something.

I dropped Camarillo and picked up Alex Smith - because SF is going to need to throw - but had second thoughts on account of their wides and Indy's pass D.

I then dropped Alex Smith for Bulger because he's going against the Lions. I am hoping that SJax can take a screen pass the distance.

Then after some thought - and not liking being forced to play Bulger - I dropped Meacham and picked up Vince Young to give me a couple options. Similar to Bulger, I am hoping that Chris Johnson can take a quick dump off to the house.

I'll probably flip a coin.

(edited to change who Bulger was playing against - had Titans on the brain)

Edited by Duchess Jack

I dropped Camarillo and picked up Alex Smith - because SF is going to need to throw - but had second thoughts on account of their wides and Indy's pass D.

I then dropped Alex Smith for Bulger because he's going against the Titans. I am hoping that SJax can take a screen pass the distance.

Then after some thought - and not liking being forced to play Bulger - I dropped Meacham and picked up Vince Young to give me a couple options. Similar to Bulger, I am hoping that Chris Johnson can take a quick dump off to the house.

:wacko: Kinda makes the decisions in 32 homarrrrs easy where the top free agent has averaged 3 points a week!

This is true.. I was not recommending to start him. Just remember if he puts up relevant fantasy stats remember who mentioned it first.

So are you predicting a good game or not. Lame attempt at a bold prediction.

So i could say "I'm not saying Alex Smith is going to have a good game, but if he does, remember that the Jackass called it first".

Vince Young is an awful QB. And he has no desire, or ability, to change. He has terrible mechanics, and relies on raw athleticism, which is not enough at the QB position in the NFL. He's also not very smart.

All points are either somewhat true or spot on. The one thing Young does well is win. I suspect he'll have a nice little run and possibly win 5-7 games for the remainder of the season. He did the same thing in 06 with a Titans team that wasn't looking very good at that point either. If he values his career, hopefully he's been preparing for his 2nd chance. It's really hard to imagine the Titans being this bad after a 13-3 season a year ago. If the D plays up to it's ability and they get the running game going, VY can once again look like a hero. Remember, the Titans are coming off a bye and Fisher is a top 10 coach so they could come out smoking.

We'll see. The thing about Young is that when he was younger, his presence inspired his teammates to all play harder. It is the Mike Vick effect, where even the defense was substantially better when he was on the field. I'm not sure Young still has that kind of faith from his teammates. It won't take us long to find out.

I then dropped Alex Smith for Bulger because he's going against the Lions. I am hoping that SJax can take a screen pass the distance.

(edited to change who Bulger was playing against - had Titans on the brain)

I also had Palmer and Edwards . dropped edwards for smith and then realized SF plays the Colts, so I picked up Young (looked for Bulger, but he was gone).

If you are starting Young one of the following is true:

You are winless in fantasy and are taking a shot

Your QB is on bye and there is nothing out there

You are really bad in fantasy

QB is on bye & my backup is injured. It's him or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

But I'm starting to think 3 has more truth to it than I'd like to admit.

All points are either somewhat true or spot on. The one thing Young does well is win. I suspect he'll have a nice little run and possibly win 5-7 games for the remainder of the season. He did the same thing in 06 with a Titans team that wasn't looking very good at that point either. If he values his career, hopefully he's been preparing for his 2nd chance. It's really hard to imagine the Titans being this bad after a 13-3 season a year ago. If the D plays up to it's ability and they get the running game going, VY can once again look like a hero. Remember, the Titans are coming off a bye and Fisher is a top 10 coach so they could come out smoking.

Dude was 8-5 with a passer rating of 65. Gimme a break. One year with 8 wins. Of course that was the same many said about Vick. Face it please. He absolutely sucks and may win a few games but NEVER would win the big one in the NFL.