[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ced benson

WildTurkey

Another concern is that Bensen tries to go and we start him, then after a couple of carries, he gets hurt again. As a Bensen/Scott owner, I almost hope they just rest him another week and I can roll with Scott. I have the same scenario going in Seattle with Jones/Forsett. Gotta love this time of year with lineup decisions.

I own Benson and JJones but someone else owns Scott and someone else owns Forsett...

Just need one of them to go this week.

I would imagine he would play, it sounds like from immediately after the game he said he'd be good to go and he's not happy about missing the creampuff part of the Bengals schedule. Also the fact that the Bengals lost last week will probably weigh into the teams' decision.

Another concern is that Bensen tries to go and we start him, then after a couple of carries, he gets hurt again. As a Bensen/Scott owner, I almost hope they just rest him another week and I can roll with Scott. I have the same scenario going in Seattle with Jones/Forsett. Gotta love this time of year with lineup decisions.

Or Benson could run like a man trying to keep his job and absolutely destroy a weak Cleveland run DEF. I own Scott and Benson as well, and I want Benson out there.

Update from Rotoworld.com:

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday that Cedric Benson (hip) will be "very limited" in his return to practice this week.

Lewis would only say that Benson "might" play Sunday against Cleveland. This indicates that he's made little noticeable progress despite sitting out Week 11. Bernard Scott has an outside chance at a second straight start.

Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

Related: Bernard Scott

-----------------------

Who's starting Bernard Scott? :wacko:

Update from Rotoworld.com:

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday that Cedric Benson (hip) will be "very limited" in his return to practice this week.

Lewis would only say that Benson "might" play Sunday against Cleveland. This indicates that he's made little noticeable progress despite sitting out Week 11. Bernard Scott has an outside chance at a second straight start.

Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter

-----------------------

Who's starting Bernard Scott? :wacko:

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I might roll Scott out there.

ETA: Just keep in mind for all of you Scott owners, that Brian Leonard was the go to RB in the red zone. 7 of 11 carries in the red zone and all 3 GL carries. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Edited by tazinib1

I would be surprised if Benson goes this week. He already had over 200 carries when he got hurt. At that pace he would have been totally worn down by the end of the year. I think the injury is going to end up being a blessing for the Bengals and Ced come Dec and Jan, much to the dismay of fantasy owners. I think he comes back next weekend against Det, as a warm up for Min.

Hmmmmm. Interesting. I might roll Scott out there.

ETA: Just keep in mind for all of you Scott owners, that Brian Leonard was the go to RB in the red zone. 7 of 11 carries in the red zone and all 3 GL carries. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

True, and Leonard did nothing with them.

My guess is Scott would start and gets 16-18 carries, BUT LJ gets the RZ work this week and maybe gets 7 or so carries overall?

Edited by giantsfan

Bengals running back Cedric Benson is expected to practice this week and might play Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, a team he ran over last year.

Benson sat out Cincinnati's 20-17 loss in Oakland last Sunday with strained hip muscles. Coach Marvin Lewis said Wednesday that Benson "seems to be very close" to getting back onto the field.

Rookie backup Bernard Scott is expected to get a lot of carries against Cleveland, even if Benson is able to start. Larry Johnson also could see more time on the field in his second game since he signed with Cincinnati.

Last year, Benson carried a career-high 38 times for 171 yards in a game against the Browns.

True, and Leonard did nothing with them.

My guess is Scott would start and gets 16-18 carries, BUT LJ gets the RZ work this week and maybe gets 7 or so carries overall?

True, but the fact Scott did not is something to be said. Of course this is all moot if Cedric laces em up.

True, but the fact Scott did not is something to be said. Of course this is all moot if Cedric laces em up.

I agree. I don't think Scott gets the RZ work. I think LJ would this week.

As a Benson owner I almost rather he sit. Get healthy for next week and the fantasy playoffs. AND gives Scott 18 carries or so again this week.

Unless Benson practices 100% I rather start Scott.

I could see Benson etting 10 or so carries. Scott getting 10 or so carries. And LJ getting 5-7 carries.

That is no good. Let Benson sit again and start Scott and give him 18 or so carries.

That is best case IMO.

i think they may give Scott some RZ touches considering the fumbles they had vs. Oakland....none of which were Scott's.

...yes, i have Scott and started him because the Burner Turner is down down good.

FWIW, from KFFL today:

Thu, 26 Nov 2009 11:08:05 -0800 Joe Reedy, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals RB Cedric Benson (hip) did do rehab work on a side field Thursday, Nov. 26, but he is doubtful for Week 12. RB Larry Johnson is expected to see more carries if Benson sits out.

Go Bernard Scott!!

From Rotoworld this afternoon:

According to Bengals beat writer Joe Reedy, Cedric Benson still has a "slight" chance to play in Week 12 against Cleveland.

Benson missed his second straight practice Thursday, increasing Bernard Scott's chances of drawing the start against Cleveland's No. 29 rush defense. We're now leaning towards predicting Benson will be inactive Sunday, but he's officially a game-time decision. Check back Friday for another update.

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer

Bengals.com

After Bengals running back Cedric Benson practiced Friday morning, head coach Marvin Lewis said he looks ready to play but wasn't ready to make the call yet for Sunday's game against the Browns and he was listed as questionable on Friday's injury after a limited practice.

"I thought he was close to being able to play last week and obviously he's ready to play now," Lewis said. "I'll make a decision. I don't have any doubts that he's ready to play. Based on what he's done the last three days, I would say that he's probably healed pretty well."

That makes it sound like a go. Now the question is if Benson is active, does Larry Johnson become inactive? On Friday, Lewis wouldn't rule out both being active as he begins to narrow down his countless options for the final inacitve list and he had high praise for Johnnson, the former Chiefs running back who signed last week and had two carries against the Raiders.

"I'm not going to go into all that," Lewis said. "If the numbers work, we'll do what we do best."

But what we do know is that he thinks Benson is healthy and that Johnson can be a factor.

"I think Larry could make a great impact," Lewis said. Asked if Johnson has surprised him in his six practices with the club, he said, "He's much quicker to the hole. He has quicker burst. He's more impressive in person than he was having to coach against him when I was very impressed."

Benson sounded ready before practice.

"It's a little sore. It will be a matter of staying warm," said Benson before venturing into Friday morning's 35-degree weather on the FieldTurf in Paul Brown Stadium. "But I think as long as I'm warm, I'm good.

"We'll see how it goes. We're making no final decisions," said Benson, who had a good workout in Oakland before last Sunday's game. "We got a good workout (Thursday), too, so we'll see how it goes. ... It's more (tightness and soreness), there's no achiness. I'd rather be tight and sore than hurt."