[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Navy SEALS going on trial for throwing a punch at terrorist

BeeR

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire situation makes my stomach turn. Some of my best friends from the military are SEALS and if some of these statements were made publicly in the SEAL bar i frequent, you'd have a not so good day. These liberal assed JAG attorney's make me sick.

So basically, the primary reason that there are terrorists is to make money? They have no real goal or reason behind what they do--they just need to 'get funded?'

Please note--I'm not asking sarcastically but that's what you seem to be implying and I want to make sure that I understand you.

no, but they need support and funding to survive. if there is no war to fight, what do they have left? live in peace?

no, but they need support and funding to survive. if there is no war to fight, what do they have left? live in peace?

So if I'm understanding correctly, terrorism is essentially the way they choose to survive. They create enemies to garner funding and this in turn, 'pays the bills.' It's not that terrorists have an actual reason to wage terrorism, it's that they need money to survive and terrorism is their method for doing so.

Do I understand your position or am I still missing it?

Where did you read that? Is a "glance over" considered assault these days?

First off, the prisoner said he was assaulted by his captors. To me this charge meant while he was in custody. Now, whether this charge is accurate or not is something that will be investigated.

Second, was the SEAL who said he glanced at the prisoner one of those accused? Also, could the prisoner have been assaulted at some point after the SEAL said he saw nothing wrong with the prisoner?

This is how I read it. At some point the prisoner was fine, but that doesn't mean he wasn't also assaulted at some point.

I'm not defending the piece of trash. I'm pointing out that I hope our conduct is an example to those young impressionable muslim youth in a good way.

So if I'm understanding correctly, terrorism is essentially the way they choose to survive. They create enemies to garner funding and this in turn, 'pays the bills.' It's not that terrorists have an actual reason to wage terrorism, it's that they need money to survive and terrorism is their method for doing so.

Do I understand your position or am I still missing it?

you got it. they have nothing else. jihad is their product. they aint going back to farming.

believe me, i would love to test your theory out. lets leave and drill in the gulf and alaska.

Edited by dmarc117

i'm not askin :D love it or leave it :wacko: simple as that

"you have to love your country like an adult loves somebody, not like a child loves its Mommy. And right-wing Republicans tend to love America like a child loves its Mommy, where everything Mommy does is okay. But adult love means you’re not in denial, and you want the loved one to be the best they can be."

:D

Seemly overlooked in this discussion is that all three of these guys were charged with making a false official statment and one of them was charged with impeding an investigation.

So its a bit more than a "punch in the gut."

Where did you read that? Is a "glance over" considered assault these days?

Sorry, I meant to say in my other post that the report says the guy appeared OK to a visitor to his cell, therefore he must have been assaulted after the actual capture and not during it. I didn't mean to imply it was the cell visitor who did it. My bad.

Seriously... is there a non-Fox link to this story? I'd like to read about it, but I suspect strongly that there is little if nothing to this story if only Fox is reporting it.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/11/navy...llujah_112509w/

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/11/25/....seals.falluja/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/25/...in5773164.shtml

From Az's Navy Times link:

McCabe is charged with one count each of assault of the detainee, dereliction of duty and making a false official statement, Silkman said.

Keefe is charged with one count each of dereliction of duty and false official statement; Huertas is accused of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement and impeding an investigation, she said.

The source said the charges stem not from the capture itself — which have a high potential for violence — but from later on, when Abed was under detention.

“If they really wanted to [beat] him that was the time do it,” during the capture, the source said. “That’s why this is so ridiculous.”

From Az's CNN link:

Because the charges against Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew McCabe, Petty Officer Jonathan Keefe and Petty Officer Julio Heurtas are the military equivalent of misdemeanors, they will go before a special court-martial, which is for less serious offenses than those heard in a general court-martial. If found guilty, they could be sentenced to a maximum of a year in a military prison, demotion to the lowest Navy rank, a cut in pay and a bad conduct discharge.

But if found innocent of all charges, they would be able to continue their careers with no record of the case in their personnel files

I was arrested for MiP two days after getting back from Desert Storm. On top of the full civilian punishment, I was restricted to the ship for 60 days and had my pay cut for 90. A far worse punishment would be to leave them at Little Creek. Not sure what their is to be outraged about.