[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BAD BEATS

franchizetag

For an individual week, Week 3. Indy is just trying to run the clock out at the end of the 4th quarter and end up 4th and around 7. Manning passes it to Wayne for the first down, and the extra points Wayne gets on that catch gives my opponent the .28 point win.

I was down 25 points with Brady, Moss, Colston, R. Harper as an IDP going against a guy with Pierre Thomas.

I got within .5 points after the Colston TD.

Then Brady threw that last pick. No sweat, he should be able to make that back up when the Pats try to make a miraculous 21 point comeback! He'll be throwing all over the place...no worries.

Back from commercial ... wait, who is Hoyer?

My team's out now most likely. One of those scenarios where team B has to lose, and not score x points, etc...

I don't think I'll be playing this next year. Too many sleepless nights. And I shouldn't take something so "fun" so seriously.

Colston scoring more than 17 last night knocked me out of playoffs in one league. In my second league I lost because Colston put up more points than Moss and Welker combined. In my third league I lost after taking a nice lead into Monday night because Brees blew up.

I hate the Saints.

In BOTH Better Luck Next Year I went into Monday nights game up 34 (and change) against Colston and the Saints D

I lost by .7 points thanks to the last second sack of Hoyer

BLNY by far the toughest of my 6 leagues. 16 teams is hard enough but with only 2 wildcard spots along with the 4 division winners just making the playoffs is difficult.

didn't really have a bad beat this year, but my favorite is from a couple years ago, when the packers played on monday night against the broncos. my opponent had greg jennings, i was done. the game went to OT. i was up by 18 points. first play of OT, favre throws an 82-yard TD to jennings. 6 points for the TD, 8 points for the yardage (no decimal scoring), 2 bonus points for TD longer than 40 yards, 2 bonus points because jennings went over 100 yards for the game = 18 points in one play. i lost the tiebreaker and the game.

The worst bad beat has got to be when a QB takes a knee three times and one just has to sit back and watch those -.1 points kill it for them. Hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve heard of it.

or the meaningless hail mary at the end of the game that ends with an interception that ends up causing someone to lose.

In a double header week this week, lost BY 2 in both matchups...

What went wrong???

Carney missed that 30 something field goal late last night

AND

Brady sits out the last 5 minutes and fails to throw a TD.....

All I needed was ONE or the OTHER!!!

That is why you have to HATE fantasy sometimes...

Week 1 was my most frustrating loss.

I have Welker, he was Questionable for the Monday night game @ Bufalo. So I decided to play it safe and bench him, I then proceed to drop NYG Smith to pick up the grotesquely overhyped Josh Morgan. Morgan scores 3.4, Welker scores 10.65 - so instead of winning 113.2 - 108.9, I lose 105.95 to 108.9. That team is now 5-7, I'm 8-4 in a 3 way tie for first but #1 in points.

Then I lost to the last place 1-7 team Week 9 129.8 - 92.7, he had Warner and that was the week he went nuts @ Chicago. But that was a solid loss as were the remaining 2, I'd rather lose by 37.1 than 3.71.

Edited by PPIchamp

Lost this weekend in a local by .05 points. That's right. Five hundredths of a point. I had Ray Rice going in the SNF game vs. PIT. All I needed was one more yard rushing to win. Instead, on 2nd down, Flacco kneels in the center of the field so they can win the game with a 3rd down FG.

Instead of clinching a playoff berth, I now have to win and gets some help to make the playoffs.

I lost to a guy this week that started Kurt Warner. :sigh:

That happened to my opponent. I was caught with no backup and FCFS stopped at fist Thursday kickoff. Thus, no QB. :D

How did I win? This:

Carney missed that 30 something field goal late last night

It's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. :wacko:

Still, I was already out of the playoffs.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Everyone has a few of these, but I had a tough one in week 1. My opponent had Jennings going vs. Chicago and I was watching the game. Chicago had pretty much shut Jennings down for the whole game, but with under a minute left, the Chicago DB covering him trips over his own feet falls down, leaving Jennings wide open for a 50+ yard TD down the sideline. I ended up losing by 1 point.