[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pocketknife

Azazello1313

+1. Knives are cherished gifts handed down from generation to generation in my family.

I've got a Victorinox swiss army knife that belonged to my great-grandfather. It says it is an executive, it only has two blades. I have no idea how old it is. I also have a Schrade Old Timer that was my grandfather's.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Perch has experienced it as well, but growing up in Tyler, Texas meant it was always funny when a group was together and someone asked if they could borrow a knife, every guy would have one ready to hand to them. Keys - wallet - handkerchief-money-knife. Don't leave home without them.

Perhaps Perch has experienced it as well, but growing up in Tyler, Texas meant it was always funny when a group was together and someone asked if they could borrow a knife, every guy would have one ready to hand to them.

Ha!...This is a running joke in my family. Every man in the family carries a knife.

When somebody asks to borrow a knife/anybody have a knife, we all jump in!

Knives drawn....but not open of course. :wacko:

Grew up in Pa.

Things I've used my pocket knife for in the last week:

1. opening letters (almost daily)

2. cleaning my finger nails (probably do this weekly)

3. cut a line to tie something off.

4. opening a package

5. stabbing a dove off the grill

6. cut the tag off a new shirt

7. cut a block of cheese

8. get a splinter out of my finger

9. open a bag of lump charcoal

10. shave the back of my hands

Note to self: Pass on the cheese!

Perhaps Perch has experienced it as well, but growing up in Tyler, Texas meant it was always funny when a group was together and someone asked if they could borrow a knife, every guy would have one ready to hand to them. Keys - wallet - handkerchief-money-knife. Don't leave home without them.

Anyone asks my father-in-law if he has a knife and is response is always "I got my britches on don't I?" The only time don't have one on me is if I'm in as swim suit and actually swimming, at the beech, or if I am going to be flying or going to a sorting event that doesn't allow it.

Anyone asks my father-in-law if he has a knife and is response is always "I got my britches on don't I?" The only time don't have one on me is if I'm in as swim suit and actually swimming, at the beech, or if I am going to be flying or going to a sorting event that doesn't allow it.

you pussssssy

Edited by dmarc117

I carry one of these little guys, Swiss Army Classic SD, regularly and use it numerous times every day.

Hunting, fishing, throwing, etc. knives are a whole seperate topic.

Yep, I have that one for every day.

The Leatherman and folding blades I keep with the camping gear too.

Why drop your knife to pee on a tree? :wacko:

u all serious with this chit? u roll around 24x7 with a knife?? what a bunch of peckerwoods

I don't know or even hang out with anyone packing a knife

What in the world do you think is wrong with carrying a knife? :wacko: My 8-year-old son got a nice Old Timer for his birthday - a man/boy needs a knife.... often.

I would imagine you do hang out with people that carry knives. It's not uncommon in any part of the country I've been in.

I carry a government model .45 all over creation and nobody has ever discovered it - and it's a wee bit bigger than a pocket knife. :D

What in the world do you think is wrong with carrying a knife? :wacko: My 8-year-old son got a nice Old Timer for his birthday - a man/boy needs a knife.... often.

I would imagine you do hang out with people that carry knives. It's not uncommon in any part of the country I've been in.

I carry a government model .45 all over creation and nobody has ever discovered it - and it's a wee bit bigger than a pocket knife. :D

I grew up in the NW and was out in the woods all the time, playing with knives, cleaning fish, carving wood, whatever, pretty good with a butterfly knife as a teenager- had a rambo knife, throwing stars, the works.

but carry one around now? no, I never have the use for a pocketknife and have never even thought about carrying one. I am sure most of my friends own one, but carry it around daily?? not that I know of-no.

I understand totally if you are out in the field and need one in your line of work, but it just seems strange to me to be a professional adult carrying a pocket knife around

I grew up in the NW and was out in the woods all the time, playing with knives, cleaning fish, carving wood, whatever, pretty good with a butterfly knife as a teenager- had a rambo knife, throwing stars, the works.

but carry one around now? no, I never have the use for a pocketknife and have never even thought about carrying one. I am sure most of my friends own one, but carry it around daily?? not that I know of-no.

I understand totally if you are out in the field and need one in your line of work, but it just seems strange to me to be a professional adult carrying a pocket knife around

Different strokes, I guess. I can't imagine not having one at my disposal.

My primary carry knife. Benchmade griptillian - total :wacko:

benchmade and spyderco are the names I hear real knife fans consistently holding in the highest regard. I am pretty loyal to spyderco though, since I got my first one like 15 years ago and it's still a great knife, and their headquarters is like 5 miles from my house.

in any case, that particular benchmade of yours sure looks like a spyderco design (with the thumb hole, blade shape, clip design, etc.). looks like a very nice little blade :D