[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unprecedented Success Rate.

evil_gop_liars

So his success rate is based on him taking a position on only the ones he knew he could win?

A major reason for Obama's record high score this year: Democrats took away a significant number of seats from Republicans in the 2006 and 2008 elections, resulting in big majorities in the House and Senate for the president's party.

Part Two: Party Unity

CQ: 2009 Was The Most Partisan Year Ever Jan. 11, 2010

But Sarah Binder, a congressional analyst at the Brookings Institution, says there's another key reason he scored so well. She says he only took an official position on issues that were really important to him — those that he knew he had a very good chance of winning. He picked his battles carefully.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: I find this all HILARIOUS.

Obama is getting ripped by not being "liberal enough" on some issues by the Dem party.

The right keeps ripping Obama on . . well . . everything because he isnt Republican. It doesnt matter if Obama started packing heat, outlawing abortion and started shooting illegal aliens from a bell tower, the Repubs would STILL oppose him because he aint one of their own . . .

Plus the fact that the incumbent party tends to ALWAYS struggle in mid-term elections . . . . What Perch, did you think that somehow the Dems would magically continue to capute every single seat in Congress? that there wouldnt be SOME backlash from voters? :D

40% of the country always votes Dem, doesnt matter who is running.

40% of the country always votes Repub, doesnt matter who is running

20% of the country determines who wins every election

I read a great quote in Newsweek lately about the strategy of the right. Back in 1994 Gebhardt said to Gingrich "We have a health care plan ready to go, what is your plan?" Newt says "To make sure your plan fails then gain more seats in the next election cycle." Such is the nature of the different parties in DC. Libs "try" to get things done and fail. Repubs try to screw the Dems, and then gain more seats when the populace is pissed that the Dems could get anything done. Welcome to washington!!!!!!

If he shot just one illegal alien I would vote for him next election

HE WON A MUTHER F'IN' NOBEL PRIZE... WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM THIS GUY... GEEZ!!!

The discussion of success should end right there! Don't question the reasoning... Their are smarter people than you that will tell you what success is now. Don't you get it??.. you don't have to think anymore!! ..just sit back and let others do the thinking and the work for you. It'll be much easier if you kept from resisting.

Edited by millerx

He has done wonders for our international image so far, and has a methodical, pragmatic approach to dealing with most issues. Regardless of political party, having a thoughtful President that weighs all options is a positive.

"Done wonders for our international image" :wacko:

Largely I couldn't give a rats ass about our international image ... how about fixing some things domestically before we worry about how pretty we look to the international boys.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Largely I couldn't give a rats ass about our international image ... how about fixing some things domestically before we worry about how pretty we look to the international boys.

While gaining international support on terror issues, foreign trade policy etc. is exceptionally important....I agree with Grits here. Getting the domestic house in order should be priority #1.

That being said, I don't think one is mutually exclusive from the other :wacko:

"Done wonders for our international image" :wacko:

Pretty sure that people were saying that he "hasnt done anything". Whether you agree with the order of it is immaterial, as the result is still accomplishing something.

That is debatable whether or not it has had an effect on our interests. Yes, people claim to like us more, although I am not sure how we know this, but our enemies still want to kill us. Iran is a mess, so are many other areas of the world. How has his new stance with the world helped us? Are we getting more support from the countries that like us more? Are there some folks that want to kill us less? Seriously.

So your beef is that he didn't convert Al Qaeda to liking us? :wacko:

Edited by WaterMan

The discussion of success should end right there! Don't question the reasoning... Their are smarter people than you that will tell you what success is now. Don't you get it??.. you don't have to think anymore!! ..just sit back and let Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck do the thinking and the work for you. It'll be much easier if you kept from resisting.

Edited for accuracy . .:wacko:

This is a bad thing?

W had the ENTIRE WORLD behind him and pissed it away with relentless dick-swinging.

I'd say "picking one's battles" is probably a better strategy.

It also means he's at least attempting to move things through rather than tilting at windmills. Besides, I always felt Obama marketed himself VERY cynically so being a political "front-runner" is hardly a surprise.

Then in all seriousness, you need to examine the Repub vs Dem strategy for the last 20 years or so, because your statement is patently false as an overall examination.

Why is that? Because some left-leaning guy (who pretends he is neither left or right) said so and we should take his word for it? I think not. YOU may have the time to study the last 20 years of strategy, but I don't. And I don't believe for one second that the Dems are just "trying to get things done" and gosh darn it all, they just can't because of the republicans. You have a majority now so no more excuses from you. You have the ability to run this country into the ground all by yourself - no republican help is needed so stop pointing fingers.

And if the Republicans are simply the party of No, then the Democrats are clearly the party of graft, bribery, cronyism and corruption. How do you like that?

I'm callling you out, BSWallace49.

BTW: I swear to god you must live on these boards. I seriously believe that there is NOT one thread you don't post to at all hours of the day. No offense, but do you actually have a job?

Edited by tosberg34

He has done wonders for our international image so far, and has a methodical, pragmatic approach to dealing with most issues. Regardless of political party, having a thoughtful President that weighs all options is a positive.

What are you smoking? He so impressed the Olympic Committee in Copenhagen that we din NOT get the Olympics. He was laughed at by college students in China. The French are even making jokes about him.

Why is that? Because some left-leaning guy (who pretends he is neither left or right) said so and we should take his word for it? I think not. YOU may have the time to study the last 20 years of strategy, but I don't. And I don't believe for one second that the Dems are just "trying to get things done" and gosh darn it all, they just can't because of the republicans. You have a majority now so no more excuses from you. You have the ability to run this country into the ground all by yourself - no republican help is needed so stop pointing fingers.

And if the Republicans are simply the party of No, then the Democrats are clearly the party of graft, bribery, cronyism and corruption. How do you like that?

BTW: I swear to god you must live on these boards. I seriously believe that there is NOT one thread you don't post to at all hours of the day. No offense, but do you actually have a job?

+1!

:wacko:

W had the ENTIRE WORLD behind him and pissed it away with relentless dick-swinging.

I'd say "picking one's battles" is probably a better strategy.

Nah man it's all about white Amuricahn power. They need stop disrespecting the superior race.

Tosberg I have tried to be patient with you and your posts that provide no insight whatsoever, and only seem to stick your fingers in your ears if someone "dares" to challenge your tightly held right wing preconceptions. I have asked you several times to back up your challenges and seriously contribute to these discussions instead of just throwing feces like a wild chimpanzee.

In my business I have plenty of time right now to spend on these boards. I am sorry if this somehow disturbs you. However I am very thankful that you do NOT have more time to spend here, as the discussions are much more lively and productive in your absence.

While I know you will just "come back" with a post of how "condescending" I am towards you, I seriously challenge you to try and set aside your small bubble of political lean in favor of an actual objective point of view and really make an effort to intelligently contribute. In fact, I REALLY welcome that day . . . if it will ever come. While Perch and WV and others differ on ideology, there is a basis of logic, reason and actual THOUGHT behind their posts. I pray that day will come when your posts can also provide cohesive THOUGHT.

Tosberg, in all seriousness, I defer to weigie on economic issues and listen to him, because he is an economist. I defer to Perch on construction, because he owns a construction company. What is your background and profession?

Tosberg I have tried to be patient with you and your posts that provide no insight whatsoever, and only seem to stick your fingers in your ears if someone "dares" to challenge your tightly held right wing preconceptions. I have asked you several times to back up your challenges and seriously contribute to these discussions instead of just throwing feces like a wild chimpanzee.

In my business I have plenty of time right now to spend on these boards. I am sorry if this somehow disturbs you. However I am very thankful that you do NOT have more time to spend here, as the discussions are much more lively and productive in your absence.

While I know you will just "come back" with a post of how "condescending" I am towards you, I seriously challenge you to try and set aside your small bubble of political lean in favor of an actual objective point of view and really make an effort to intelligently contribute. In fact, I REALLY welcome that day . . . if it will ever come. While Perch and WV and others differ on ideology, there is a basis of logic, reason and actual THOUGHT behind their posts. I pray that day will come when your posts can also provide cohesive THOUGHT.

Tosberg, in all seriousness, I defer to weigie on economic issues and listen to him, because he is an economist. I defer to Perch on construction, because he owns a construction company. What is your background and profession?

Thanks, Dad. When you come down from your ivory tower maybe we can actually have that conversation you are so patiently waiting for. I know you tried to preclude (and minimize) my response about the whole "condescending" shtick by mentioning it above, but with you it's clearly true so you're not going to be able to avoid it. I am not your son, your student or your employee. Your edicts and challenges you put forth because your just "so patient" make you look like a pompous a$$. The fact that I don't fall into lock step with you must bother you quite a bit. Get over it.

And I don't believe for one minute that you actually believe anyone but yourself (and the rest of your cronies on the board here) uses logic to support their arguments. I've seen how you've responded to Perch, WV, Lady.Hawke, myself and many others and in no way can you actually believe what you just posted about the "basis of logic". That's a flat out lie and you know it as I believe you are saying that to present an image of yourself as somehow fair and balanced which is totally untrue. You're constantly ridiculing and attacking them. I think you just like to hear the sound of your voice and like reading your posts over and over again because you think you are all that and a bag of chips. Sorry pal, just another liberal snob IMO.

You want to have the conversation? Then come down from above, almighty one.

BTW: You never answered my question. What do you do? Not sure why you're so hesitant to say what it is.

You being on the boards doesn't bother me either. I was just curious as to how you could spend so much time here.

Edited by tosberg34