[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gift help

whoopazz

So a friends wife miscarried (again). They've been trying really hard and I feel like I should do something for them to try to boost spirits (I am also his supervisor). Any ideas for thoughtful / appropriate gift? Maybe a dinner gift card?

I like the idea of a gift card to dinner... or dinner and a movie or something as it has the potential to distract people - if only for a short while. There is a potential that they might get flowers from others which could not only allow for them to have too many flowers, but flowers in the house when ordinarilly there there might not be flowers might keep them from thinking of something else

I like the idea of a gift card to dinner... or dinner and a movie or something as it has the potential to distract people - if only for a short while. There is a potential that they might get flowers from others which could not only allow for them to have too many flowers, but flowers in the house when ordinarilly there there might not be flowers might keep them from thinking of something else

+1

This is a couple who will likely not feel like cooking for themselves. In my experience in these kind of situations, people are very appreciative if you bring them a ready-made meal that they only have to warm up.

For example, I work with a married couple (attorneys). Their 10-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with cancer. My wife and I made up several trays of food for the family. We get the aluminum foil pans at the store. We did a tray of lasagna, baked ziti, and a chicken/broccoli casserole. They were so appreciative as they often don't have the time/energy/desire to cook for themselves.

I can't take credit for thinking of this as this is something my wife has been doing for years. I think it really shows you care, it's practical, and it's really helpful to the family.

This is a couple who will likely not feel like cooking for themselves. In my experience in these kind of situations, people are very appreciative if you bring them a ready-made meal that they only have to warm up.

One of these two.

Our church did this when my best friends family (who also went to the same church) were going through an extremely difficult pregnancy and it was very appreciated by the couple.

When a co-worker's dad died, we also did something similar for him. We bought him a few days worth of meals for his family from MyMenu that required minimal cooking. This works out nice for non-cooking type people who also want to help out.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered a nice plant rather than flowers with a card from management (most of the staff doesn't know), and I'm going to make a heat and serve meal this weekend to bring in Monday. Sent him home after lunch to be with his wife.

Thanks for the input everyone. I ordered a nice plant rather than flowers with a card from management (most of the staff doesn't know), and I'm going to make a heat and serve meal this weekend to bring in Monday. Sent him home after lunch to be with his wife.

That oughtta do it. It at least lets them know they aren't alone.