[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big storm coming

matt770

So I went to Home Depot last night to buy paint and Philly station NBC 10 was there interviewing people buying shovels and rock salt. An employee informed the cute reporterette that they are sold out of snow blowers. I assume they led off their 11:00 telecast with that bit of news.

Can't wait to deal with the crowds at the supermarket today -- a foot of snow in the forecast, and it's Super Bowl weekend. We may have to bake our own tortilla chips.

People are nuts.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to Home Depot last night to buy paint and Philly station NBC 10 was there interviewing people buying shovels and rock salt. An employee informed the cute reporterette that they are sold out of snow blowers. I assume they led off their 11:00 telecast with that bit of news.

Can't wait to deal with the crowds at the supermarket today -- a foot of snow in the forecast, and it's Super Bowl weekend. We may have to bake our own tortilla chips.

People are nuts.

Where do you live?

Northeastern Maryland, right in the bull's eye of the most expected accumulation. The December storm was the same, this area got over 2 feet.

12+ inches expected here in western Philly suburbs...nice that its a Saturday and no stress of trying to get to work...just can drink, shovel, and enjoy it.

:wacko: be on the lookout for some crazy bassturd fishtailin outof a poolhall :D

:D He be on the other side of the state

eta: we are expected to get 20+ inches from what I just saw anyway

Edited by T_bone65

:wacko: He be on the other side of the state

eta: we are expected to get 20+ inches from what I just saw anyway

TBone, my daughter went to University of Maryland last Thursday and Friday for an audition. On her way home on saturday she stopped in Hagerstown to get gas. The snow was heavy and she hit a curb going into the gas station and blew out a tire. It took her a while to get a replacement. The 5 hour drive ended up being 10.

TBone, my daughter went to University of Maryland last Thursday and Friday for an audition. On her way home on saturday she stopped in Hagerstown to get gas. The snow was heavy and she hit a curb going into the gas station and blew out a tire. It took her a while to get a replacement. The 5 hour drive ended up being 10.

Damn Joe, you should of gotten my number off of MFL and called me I would of gladly helped her out as much as I could of. I am sure she was right down the street from my house within 2 miles anyway

Damn Joe, you should of gotten my number off of MFL and called me I would of gladly helped her out as much as I could of. I am sure she was right down the street from my house within 2 miles anyway

I actually thought about it. The manager where she got gas at helped her change the tire. She had a male friend with her but he was worthless. He is a performance major. :wacko: She then took it to Firestone about 8 miles away and got a replacement tire. It was a rental car and they required a Firestone replacement (economy brand). It mostly just took a lot of time due to the bad weather. I know you would have helped if I needed ya. Thanks bro. :D

You could have been a hamburger flippin tire changer. :D

All over the map with what we should get here in Pittsburgh. 4-8 then 6-12 now hearing 8-12 but depends on the temperature. Who the hell knows? The stores are so full of people buying all the damn toilet paper right now. Milk and bread are nowhere to be found.

Sweet...I want one. I'm thinking of investing in a cheaper model since my driveway is soooooo long. We don't get enough snow (well, until this year) to justify $1k, but if I could find a used one, I'm gonna jump on it. Never even used one before, but it looks like a blast. :wacko:

we're gunna miss this one too, just like the last 2......mixed emotions, it's winter and i like snow.

i haven't gotten to play much this winter with my new BEAST!

we're hearing 2 feet in DC and a foot+ in Philly

That is very sweet, I can barely justify my 26" toro :D We are supposed to get anywhere from 2-3 feet where I am, about 70 miles North/West of DC. Getting ready to head home from Dc in about an hour and hope to beat all the batpoopy crazy drivers heading up 270 :wacko:

All over the map with what we should get here in Pittsburgh. 4-8 then 6-12 now hearing 8-12 but depends on the temperature. Who the hell knows? The stores are so full of people buying all the damn toilet paper right now. Milk and bread are nowhere to be found.

I was at the store last night about 8:30pm....in a long line to cash out.

And chuckling constantly at what people think constitutes "emergency rations". To each his/her own....lol.

1. One guy had just two bags of Oreos. No cart.....that's it. I can't believe he was going to stand in a half hour line for that. He had one opened and was eating them. And no milk in sight. :D

2. One guy decided....a 12 pack of beer and a box of condoms......that's all I need. :wacko: I think he was scoping out the store for a girl with K-Y and a bag of cheetoes to share those with. :D

And it was sort of nice that everyone in line was pretty laid back, funny and just going with the flow. :D

Just a heads-up out East (if it hasn't started yet)....these flakes are HUGH.....and wet......and coming down fast. It's not that fine, crystalline, whiteout snow. Even if you get over 12 inches.....one or two days above 32 should melt it all fairly quickly. So just go have a little fun in it! And be careful out there. :D

It started here around noon. It was a very fine snow that mostly melted when it hit ground at first. Now it is still smaller flakes but it is coming down fast and there is snowy slush on the roads that is making driving a nighmare for those that can not drive. The grass has a good inch or more on it but it is looking like it is going to get deeper pretty quickly.