[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big storm coming

matt770

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just heard that Philadelphia got 26.7 inches, 2nd biggest snowfall in history (bilzzard of 1996 only one with more snow).

:wacko:

I lived in Horsham during the 96 storm...I remember backing my car out of a 5' drift and the entire front end impression was embedded in the drift

:D Were you referring to keggerz' post above yours as he had a team name with that name? :wacko:

No, this is a Widowmaker snow. It basically means that overweight middle aged guys like myself are often put in an early grave by shoveling too much too fast by a heavy, wet, deep snow fall like this one.

Clears snow really well and now I should be able to fire back at the plow bastard when he drops his crud all over the end of the driveway.

absofugginlutley!

those bastages are one of the main reasons i bought mine. that, and the retard that drives that dam bobcat plow

up and down the sidewalks! :D the turd even does it after the sidewalk is clear but pushes HUGH boulders

in the walk way and driveways.....

relatives report 20 inches in the Reading area of Pa

anybody seen Menudo? :wacko:

I don't what we have here in Pittsburgh other than a major mess. I have been in snow deeper than my knees and I don't think that it is drifted snow so I really think we must have areas close to two feet. My house has been without power since 8:30 last night and I had to make my way into work at 6:30 am this morning. I really hate leaving my family at home like this as I am now stuck for a least a day or two. :wacko:

To add insult to injury, my girlfriend's DirecTV is down. So I can't even watch the Superbowl. 27"+ here. Anyone know is CBS will broadcast it live over the Internet? I can't find any mention, so I'm thinking no :wacko:

Edited by Suture

To add insult to injury, my girlfriend's DirecTV is down. So I can't even watch the Superbowl. 27"+ here. Anyone know is CBS will broadcast it live over the Internet? I can't find any mention, so I'm thinking no :wacko:

I'd have you out to my place, thankfully the DirecTv still works here, but our road hasn't seen a plow yet.

i hear MORE is coming later this week! :wacko:

I was just going to add this exact thought. Supposedly, overnight Tues into Wed the area may get hit with another round. Maybe, my area will finally get something to speak off. :D

I have heard at least 8 more inches tomorrow night, we had over 30 here in Hagerstucky. My snow blower has already paid for itself :D Got a bottle of Captain Morgan from 1 neighbor and a case of beer from another for letting them borrow it :D I pissed off the snow plow guy too as I cleard it out as quick as he put it back, he finally gave up :wacko:

Edited by T_bone65

Just bought a new Ariens 24" but there's so much thick ice on the drive already that it's struggling to get over it. Clears snow really well and now I should be able to fire back at the plow bastard when he drops his crud all over the end of the driveway.

I have an Ariens as well. It will be used this afternoon and likely again tomorrow...

I have an Ariens as well. It will be used this afternoon and likely again tomorrow...

Yep. Six inches on the drive when I went to work, deeper when I get home. Up early Tuesday to do it all again. Damn southerners don't know what fun they're missing. :wacko:

Yep. Six inches on the drive when I went to work, deeper when I get home. Up early Tuesday to do it all again. Damn southerners don't know what fun they're missing. :D

Working from home today, so I havent had to deal with it...yet. I'll go out in a while to clean up the driveway so the wife can get in easy with her car. I dont envy her commute this afternoon... :wacko:

Yep. Six inches on the drive when I went to work, deeper when I get home. Up early Tuesday to do it all again. Damn southerners don't know what fun they're missing. :D

Panic ensues over a quarter inch around here. :wacko:

Edited by Big John

Working from home today, so I havent had to deal with it...yet. I'll go out in a while to clean up the driveway so the wife can get in easy with her car. I dont envy her commute this afternoon... :wacko:

That's where knowing the side streets is incredibly handy, if you can make it work for your drive. It's not necessarily that the highways are in terrible shape, but there's way too many idiots out driving on them that I want to avoid in that situation.

Ursa, I hear you on the berm and the ice. I just hacked mine down to the pavement yesterday afternoon, just in time for the new snowfall. The good news is the blower won't have any problems clearing the driveway now.