[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Simple Politics Poll

Chief Dick

Do you actively participate in political campaigns?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you actively participate in political campaigns?

• Yes
    • No

Just curious how many here actively participate in political campaigns, whether local or national elections. And by participate, I mean going door to door, making calls, working at the campaign office, etc. I don't mean you write a check.

And please, no political banter in here. I'm thinking about doing some in the future and curious how many others participate to that extent.

In high school, I worked on Byron Dorgan's last re-election campaign to the House. That was initially tail inspired. I am friends with one of the candidates for Dallas County Judge so I'm helping when I can. I have a 6 year old and 2 year old. My time is limited.

I did in the past, mostly working the phones type of stuff, but disillusionment set in when I actually met the guy I was working for.

In the late 80s and early 90s I was a staunch activist, advocate and contributor to the "Hey ladies, the Miscreant is worthy of your vagina" campaign.

After many years since then I have campaigned successfully to convince all pertinent parties(my wife) that the previously mentioned campaign never existed.