[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gmail

kpholmes

While Gmail has been around for several years now, and has just recently come out of beta - I am amazed to find that people still use crappy email clients such as Yahoo! and Hotmail.

I understand it's a pain to move over all your contacts and old conversations, and update all of your friends of your new e-mail address, but trust me it's worth it.

Here is an article describing just a few of the benefits of Gmail.

In addition to that however, you also get 2GB of storage space, plus one of my favorite features - Gchat, that lets you IM with contacts right from you email web browser - it saves conversations and supports video.

Like I said, I'm sure most of you are aware of Gmail's existence. I just feel sorry for friends when I see that they're still on old email providers.

I know there's other Huddlers that can attest to it's superiority :wacko:

While Gmail has been around for several years now, and has just recently come out of beta - I am amazed to find that people still use crappy email clients such as Yahoo! and Hotmail.

I understand it's a pain to move over all your contacts and old conversations, and update all of your friends of your new e-mail address, but trust me it's worth it.

Here is an article describing just a few of the benefits of Gmail.

In addition to that however, you also get 2GB of storage space, plus one of my favorite features - Gchat, that lets you IM with contacts right from you email web browser - it saves conversations and supports video.

Like I said, I'm sure most of you are aware of Gmail's existence. I just feel sorry for friends when I see that they're still on old email providers.

I know there's other Huddlers that can attest to it's superiority :wacko:

Dude, it's email. Who gives a chit?

Sorry KP, but..... :wacko: @ Ursa's comment. yeah....sometimes he's a dik. :D

I have a gmail, comcast, and yahoo acct.. I use them all for different reasons. Comcast being my main one.

Yeah, you're right. No one uses email that much. Why on Earth would you want it to be an easy and clean interface, not cluttered with adds, extra storage space, no spam, and organized conversations?

Sorry, I'll try and focus my posts on more pertinent facets of life.

:wacko:

I have a gmail account and have for a while. I still use Outlook on my computer and it is a very powerful program. I figured when I move, that is when I will transition to gmail fully, I just haven't moved! Anyway, is there a way to integrate two calendars together, like say for me and my better half? She is on a Yahoo account and when she moves in, she'll be changing.

I have a gmail account and have for a while. I still use Outlook on my computer and it is a very powerful program. I figured when I move, that is when I will transition to gmail fully, I just haven't moved! Anyway, is there a way to integrate two calendars together, like say for me and my better half? She is on a Yahoo account and when she moves in, she'll be changing.

They always do.... :wacko:

I have a gmail account and have for a while. I still use Outlook on my computer and it is a very powerful program. I figured when I move, that is when I will transition to gmail fully, I just haven't moved! Anyway, is there a way to integrate two calendars together, like say for me and my better half? She is on a Yahoo account and when she moves in, she'll start trying to change you.

fixed for accuracy.

I got tired of constantly backing up and restoring my mail folders whenever I reloaded an OS or changed computers, so on my latest move I ditched any type of POP mail clients software (Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora) and set up gmail to check my pop mail account. It works like a champ, I can check it anywhere, and it syncs with my Android phone. Perfect.

I got tired of constantly backing up and restoring my mail folders whenever I reloaded an OS or changed computers, so on my latest move I ditched any type of POP mail clients software (Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora) and set up gmail to check my pop mail account. It works like a champ, I can check it anywhere, and it syncs with my Android phone. Perfect.

Who are you?