[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

tiger woods

dmarc117

The obvious difference between Tiger and McGwire/Sosa is Tiger didnt cheat his sport. His transgressions were against his wife/marriage.

He shouldnt need to explain himself to anyone other than Elin, nor should he need to apologize to anyone other than his sponsors. But because he's a celeb, his business is fair game in the eyes of a lot of people. So, with that said, I think it would be in his best interest to basically put everything out there in this presser so people will stop prying/needling and move on. Our society has a tendancy to accept those who come right out and admit what they did(ie Kobe) but forever hassle those who try to keep it concealed. Not exactly fair, but kinda the way it is...

Agreed. Not saying it's fair but it's the way it is.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares. He cheated and wanted some strange tail. He happens to be famous, so he "owes" people an explanation and Q/A session? Bullcrap. He only owes his wife and kids an expalantion why their lives have been turned upside down.

Let him go back to what made him famous . . playing golf. Personal is personal. Let him be. Jeez . . . Greg Norman was nailing his current wife while he was still married to someone else too . . . WHO CARES.

Agree...but there's a double standard there.

Do we even know for sure that she beat him up? I've heard so much bullchit about this that I cannot remember facts from fiction.

Of course not, but that's why they have investigations.

Regardless, I recall reading an essay written by a lawyer back when this all went down explaining exactly why Tiger was doing the right thing by not talking to anyone. And that was because he was quite likely keeping his wife out of jail. In cases of domestic violence, and smacking your husband in the head with a golf club would certainly qualify, as soon as the cat is out of the bag, the beaten spouse has no choice in the matter. Charges will be filed whether they want to or not.

This is put in place primarily to protect women married to serial abusers who coerce them into forgiving them or some such. However, the law would have no choice but "protect" Tiger in the same manner.

Watching his statement on ESPN.com

Sounds very contrived to me.

That first dramatic pause he did looked very rehearsed and planned out. That part did not look too sincere.

I agree where he basically said to the media to leave his family alone. Paparazzi should be shot!!

Sounds very contrived to me.

Kind of the nature of the "press conference" me thinks. They sit around with their PR people, get the message about right, set up a press conference with no questions...yep...very contrived...

Who cares. He cheated and wanted some strange tail. He happens to be famous, so he "owes" people an explanation and Q/A session? Bullcrap. He only owes his wife and kids an expalantion why their lives have been turned upside down.

Let him go back to what made him famous . . playing golf. Personal is personal. Let him be. Jeez . . . Greg Norman was nailing his current wife while he was still married to someone else too . . . WHO CARES.

+1

Though I can't blame sponsors for leaving him.

Hopefully, Tiger is just going to announce he and Elin are divorcing and he'll be back in time for the Masters.

I'm not sure my wife would have stopped beating me after I wrapped my truck around a tree. :wacko:

My wife wouldn't have let me get to the truck. She would have waited until I fell asleep, took one of my knives out of my bedside table and proceed to Bobbitt me.

Hmmm...

I do wanna know why she's not in jail though. If she truly clubbed him (pun intended) upside the head with a golf club, she shoulda been cuffed and locked up, but because poor Elin is the victim of Tiger's infidelity, she gets a pass. I call bullsh-t. Infidelity is not a crime. Hitting someone in the head with a golf club is.

Look, I'm not saying Tiger's in the right by any means, but maybe her violent outburst is an indication of what Tiger is married to.

Bash away. I can take it.

Luckily she didn't marry a seal.

Kind of the nature of the "press conference" me thinks. They sit around with their PR people, get the message about right, set up a press conference with no questions...yep...very contrived...

Just felt that the enitre thing was too scripted. Read his message, didn't speak from the heart at all. And at the end when he went to hug his mom, on cue, she stands up to hug him back. You could just tell that was the work of the PR people.

Just scripted and didn't convey at all any actual remorse.

And I think when people convey true remorse is when these kinds of things work.

Just didn't get that sense at all.

Just felt that the enitre thing was too scripted. Read his message, didn't speak from the heart at all. And at the end when he went to hug his mom, on cue, she stands up to hug him back. You could just tell that was the work of the PR people.

Just scripted and didn't convey at all any actual remorse.

And I think when people convey true remorse is when these kinds of things work.

Just didn't get that sense at all.

Oh, I agree. I was wondering this morning if Tiger would show any emotion, lip quivering, breaking of voice, something that would clue you in that maybe this has taken a toll on him, you know, since his family is at stake, etc...

Not sure why anyone expected this to come off as anything but robotic, it's freaking Tiger Woods. When has he ever been anything but. Dude said what he was supposed to say and considering that he didn't actually commit a crime or cheat the game, the rest is between him and his wife. If sponsors want to leave him, I get that. If his wife wants to leave him, I obviously get that. If the other golfers are annoyed because they were the ones left to answer questions, well that's pretty lame. 1) because all they have to do is say, "I'm not Tiger, go ask him" and 2) Tiger has made all those dude's a ton of money so they can suck it.

As for the rest of us? Deal with it. Imagine that, yet another celebrity is an egomaniac d-bag! Color me surprised. The sooner we stop expecting these people to be anything but and just be happily surprised when we learn they're not, the better off everyone will be.

Not sure why anyone expected this to come off as anything but robotic, it's freaking Tiger Woods.

I have to agree with Detlef. This man has gone 3 months without sex and/or masturbation and you expect him to be gracious and courteous. We're lucky he wasn't dry-humping the podium he was standing in front of drooling on the microphone trying to tongue his Mom when she kissed him. Imagine going from a dozen super-hawt 18-year olds wearing tight little black minidresses and sharp red lipstick with zero inhibitions and willing to fulfill your every sexual desire no matter how perverse for the change in your pocket. What was I talking about again? Oh yeah, Tiger Woods. He could've read the Empancipation Proclamation and you could see the shame and lost stare in his eyes.

The only person I know that hasn't gone at least 3 months without hot, rabid, inhumane, pure nastiness sex from their pick of hundreds of woman dressed like Egyptian slaves is I Like Soup. That's why I hate him so.