[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Camaro SS

Jimmy Neutron

First of all.... :wacko:

I'll be in northern Cal for two week of sunshine and opted for a fun ride. I've got to drive about 2000 miles in the next 11 days - might as well be in a fun car, right?

Interior is kind of funky - controls layed out for novelty it seems - no big deal. Seats and steering wheel are great.

It's not well balanced, but what do you expect from an American muscle car? There is considerable torque steer, but it's managable. I just love the way that big ol' motor kicks in. The SS comes with paddle shifters and while they are farily rudimentary, they are much funner to use than the standard mode auto trans. Visibility is limited with hugh blind spots - a price you pay for the cool profile, I guess.

I haven't thrown her into any corners hard yet, but home to try the handling on my longer drives in the coming days.

I am in love with the exhaust note at around 5k rpm. :D

I love this car and was going to buy it but didn't want to get murdered paying way over cost so I settled for a Nissan Maxima instead. I really like my Maxima but part of me wishes I got the Camaro instead just for the look.

I love most of the car. I hope they re-design the back-end. It is hideous. Luckily, I will never see the backside of a Camaro in my Vette ever. :wacko:

The Z-28 looks to be too sweet. Also, the convertible model has already been spotted. It is f'n awesome...except, again, the back end IMO. I'd still spend a few extra bucks and get the Vette, but the Camaro is definitely a show-stopper.

Anways, here's some pics of the SS vert test mule. Very nice.

I hope they re-design the back-end. It is hideous.

I agree. I don't like the "smiley face" front-end either.

It seems to me that, with respect to the Camaro and the Charger, the designers spent all of their time on the profile. The front and back of the Charger are just god awful.

And what's with the fake hood scoops? Raytarded.

In DC I rented one of these bad boys... cruising from BWI to the hotel down the congested freeway was a pleasure. It's plush cloth seats, high reving 4 banger and 10 inch brakes performed phenominally... I could just hear it scream as I opened it up from a standstill to 30mph in just under 11 seconds... Man, what a piece of engineering.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/accent/performance.aspx

I love most of the car. I hope they re-design the back-end. It is hideous. Luckily, I will never see the backside of a Camaro in my Vette ever. :wacko:

The Z-28 looks to be too sweet. Also, the convertible model has already been spotted. It is f'n awesome...except, again, the back end IMO. I'd still spend a few extra bucks and get the Vette, but the Camaro is definitely a show-stopper.

Anways, here's some pics of the SS vert test mule. Very nice.

I dunno Timmay - Hennessey has alrready shoehorned in an LS9 into the new Camaro that will eat any 'Vette except the ZR1 itself...

Did just over 400 miles today down to the Bay Area and back - not nearly enough corners for my liking. Straight line power is great - really enjoying the dig. It's a blast to be buzzing along at 75-80, manually drop two gears and drop the hammer to redline. I would seriously wear a car like this out in a year or two. :D

Getting more used to the paddle shifters, but not liking their position. The buttons on the back of the wheel are at 9 and 3 - not my natural hand position.

In DC I rented one of these bad boys... cruising from BWI to the hotel down the congested freeway was a pleasure. It's plush cloth seats, high reving 4 banger and 10 inch brakes performed phenominally... I could just hear it scream as I opened it up from a standstill to 30mph in just under 11 seconds... Man, what a piece of engineering.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/accent/performance.aspx

:wacko:I know what you mean. I splurged on the Camaro to help erase memories of a week in a Pontiac Vibe.

A buddy bought one last year when they first came out. He got a personalized license plate on it STIMULUS. Ironically he makes too much money and didn't see a dime of the stimulus money.

A buddy bought one last year when they first came out. He got a personalized license plate on it STIMULUS. Ironically he makes too much money and didn't see a dime of the stimulus money.

In one of the couple states that allows 8 characters?

I dunno Timmay - Hennessey has alrready shoehorned in an LS9 into the new Camaro that will eat any 'Vette except the ZR1 itself...

Did just over 400 miles today down to the Bay Area and back - not nearly enough corners for my liking. Straight line power is great - really enjoying the dig. It's a blast to be buzzing along at 75-80, manually drop two gears and drop the hammer to redline. I would seriously wear a car like this out in a year or two. :wacko:

Getting more used to the paddle shifters, but not liking their position. The buttons on the back of the wheel are at 9 and 3 - not my natural hand position.

Hehe, I'll take 'em on. Hell, I'll take on that ZR1. And I've got a C-5.

:wacko:I know what you mean. I splurged on the Camaro to help erase memories of a week in a Pontiac Vibe.

Oooooo, the Vibe, now there, my friend, is one fine piece of American engineering.

Getting more used to the paddle shifters, but not liking their position. The buttons on the back of the wheel are at 9 and 3 - not my natural hand position. [/color]

Paddle shifters blow.

Agree, this is such a fad item. Only thing more stupider is the push start button.

Great feature! And even if you don't like it, you can still opt to use the key.

Isn't the vibe really a toyota or .... did I just totally miss a bit of sarcasm.

Hmmm, not sure, for some reason I thought it was a pontiac. At least it sounds like something Pontiac would call a subcompact pos

Hmmm, not sure, for some reason I thought it was a pontiac. At least it sounds like something Pontiac would call a subcompact pos

Pontiac Vibe and Toyotra Matrix are basically the same car under different labels.

Sorry, if my mullet can't flow out the t-tops while cranking up some Night Ranger, I don't want to have anything to do with a Camaro.

if you dont mind my hospital gown flowing out the ttops with your mullet then we are good to go.