[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How to Train Your Dragon

Swashbucklers

My wife took my 3 and 5 year olds to see it today in 3D, they absolutely loved it. Nothing inappropriate at all. Although the 3 year old apparently struggled with the concept of leaving the 3D glasses on all the time.

I have a 5 and near 3 year old. May have to go see this if grandma doesn't take them Thursday.

My wife took my 3 and 5 year olds to see it today in 3D, they absolutely loved it. Nothing inappropriate at all. Although the 3 year old apparently struggled with the concept of leaving the 3D glasses on all the time.

Probably looking at taking him to the 2D show. Thought he would have a tough time keeping the glasses on, plus the 3D is on later when he may be more cranky. Will hopefully be able to report back with positive thoughts on the movie!

My wife and I were discussing the whole glasses thing as well - not happening with our kid, he would just chuck them and then start climbing all over the place because he couldn't make out the movie. :wacko:

My wife and I were discussing the whole glasses thing as well - not happening with our kid, he would just chuck them and then start climbing all over the place because he couldn't make out the movie. :wacko:

Yea, I guess my kid would have a better chance at keeping the sunglasses on but getting her to stay still for 15 minutes is tough most the time so I don't think 2hrs is gonna happen anytime soon (you know... without Nyquil).

Saw the 2D version with my alomost 4-year old yesterday and thought it was a good movie. Not great, but good. My son lost interest about 1/2 the way through, but regained it towards the end. The good thing was that there were only 5 people in the theater including us, so I wasn't that worried about him asking questions since no one was anywhere near us!

got to give it up for this one. saw it in 3D with the family and we had a blast. fantastic actions scenes, great 3D (non-intrusive, just brought things even more to life), nice father/son story, and amazing animation (beautiful). two big, big thumbs up!!!

:wacko::D

Took the kids (Age 5 and almost 3) to the 2D version Saturday evening. 5 year old really liked it, 3 year old enjoyed it but it didn;t hold his attention the entire time (and he had to pee a few times, so I missed a few scenes). I'll probably take the 5 year old back to see the 3D version, just the two of us.

Not a spectacular movie, but it certainly was good clean fun family entertainment, and will lead to me getting a few dragon toys for the kids based on initial response.

Saw it a week ago with my wife and 4yr old.

Saw the 2d version. 3d wasn't offered where I live as the screens were showing Alice in 3d.

Me and the wife liked it and the 4yr old liked it. He really liked watching the dragons fly around.

to anyone taking their young child to see a 3D movie, you should at least look into the effects that 3D glasses have on the human eye and brain....

I would refrain from allowing my child to wear these glasses (yes, even the polarized ones)...anything that has an effect on your eyes can effect your brain...

to anyone taking their young child to see a 3D movie, you should at least look into the effects that 3D glasses have on the human eye and brain....

I would refrain from allowing my child to wear these glasses (yes, even the polarized ones)...anything that has an effect on your eyes can effect your brain...

You mean other than being my child? :wacko:

From wiki:

Binocular Dysphoria is a hypothesized condition where the brain adapts to an alternate way of perceiving depth cues. 3-D films, televisions, virtual reality headsets, and other devices simulate the experience of three dimensions through stereoscopic techniques, presenting slightly different images to the left and right eyes. Through stereo vision, the primary cue for human depth perception, the brain interprets the images as being in three dimensions. However, current technology does not allow the displays to simulate the many other cues to depth perception, so most viewers ignore those cues while viewing 3D displays. Virtual Reality researcher Mark Pesce argues,[1][2] citing research in Japan, Britain, and America,[3] that there is an adjustment period after watching simulated 3D during which vision is impaired, and that overconsumption of 3D content could lead to increased risk of accidents or even permanent impairment.[4][5] Pesce says that an unreleased product safety study by Sega led the company to cancel the release of a head-mounted display for the Sega Genesis in the mid 1990s