[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man dies of heart attack...

keggerz

He didnt have health insurance: http://www.avclub.com/articles/alex-chilto...-because,39979/

At least twice in the week before his fatal heart attack, Chilton experienced shortness of breath and chills while cutting grass. But he did not seek medical attention, [Laura Kersting, Chilton’s wife] said, in part because he had no health insurance.

Edited by keggerz

Seems a detail is missing from the story. Why did he choose not to purchase health insurance for himself?

My guess is that EVEN if he had Government Health Care, he would have died anyways due to the fact that it would have taken 6 months to see a doctor.

Clearly, he should have worked harder and saved more money to purchase insurance because our health care system is perfect.

Not perfect, but better than that monstrosity that was recently passed. Not only is it STILL imperfect, it now sucks for EVERYBODY .

So not only was the guy not responsible enough to CHOSE purchase insurance, He was so disconnected from current news head lines and too stupid to realize had he CHOSE to go to the ER the HAD TO TREAT HIM.

Hmmm... I recall a couple of times in my life where i kinda sat there and was thinking lunch time for breakfast... Got a call one day, dad was in the hospital, he had passed out the night before (actually early morning). Mom called an ambualnce, to the hospital he went. He had ulcers, didn't know about them, had been feeling weak for about a month. Thought he may have just had a bug, in his mind, no reason to go to the doctor. Got a call one afternoon, mom, again... Dad was in the hospital. Had a mild heart attack. He had been feeling bad for about a week or so, didn't think much of it. Some, people just don't go to the doctor.

Oh, and, btw, he had inusrance in both instances, he's just stubborn as a mule.

The other question I would ask is this.... What more important items was he spending his money on to not have insurance? Cell phone, cable tv, newer car, multiple guitars, etc... Having insurance for many people is a lifestyle decision. They choose to forego having insurance in order to have other "luxury" items or to support a certain standard of living. Hell, a poopy load of 20 somethings making decent money don't have insurance because they don't feel they are in a risk class that warrants the need for insurance and instead spend that money on Ipads.

Come to think of it, I blame apple for people not having insurance. I mean, think about it, a bunch of liberal, young, hippie type mfer's buy apple products and they comprise a large segment of the uninsured. Apple markets to them and takes their monies that should be allocated to buying insurance for themselves. They may not be able to pay a doctor bill when they get hit by a car because they are scanning through their ipod, or they get a cold and can't go to the doctor because they had to get new apps for their Iphone and then they end up dying from TB because they didn't have insurance due to Apple being this incredible genius of a marketer that took all of their disposable cash...

We need a new tax, the apple tax. It should be a 150% tax, all the proceeds of this tax should go to providing health coverage for 22 to 32 year olds who are squandering their money on apple products. This way all the cool kids and hipsters could have iunsurance and their apple products and we would not have this mess of uninsured in this country.

Not perfect, but better than that monstrosity that was recently passed. Not only is it STILL imperfect, it now sucks for EVERYBODY .

Um, mine's exactly the same as it was. In fact, my company published an article on our Intranet last week stating that the new healthcare act would have no near- or mid-term effect on us at all.

Seems a detail is missing from the story. Why did he choose not to purchase health insurance for himself?

Perhaps this little detail from the other article?

“He was kind of lazy,” Kersting said, laughing. “He took it very easy. He’d say, ‘Why work when I don’t have to?’

Woe is me for waking up this morning, dragging my ass to work in order to pay for my insurance in case I have a heart attack. Shame on me. I'm an evil, selfish person.

Anyways, the guy didn't even know that if you go to a hospital, they check your vitals within minutes whether you have insurance or not.

Perhaps this little detail from the other article?

“He was kind of lazy,” Kersting said, laughing. “He took it very easy. He’d say, ‘Why work when I don’t have to?’

Woe is me for waking up this morning, dragging my ass to work in order to pay for my insurance in case I have a heart attack. Shame on me. I'm an evil, selfish person.

Anyways, the guy didn't even know that if you go to a hospital, they check your vitals within minutes whether you have insurance or not.

FYI, that quote is from his wife.

Too bad The Man kept this guy down.

FYI, that quote is from his wife.

Too bad The Man kept this guy down.

We should spend trillions reforming healthcare in order to have a doctor follow everyone around at all times. It's really the only way to be sure.