[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They sure are doing a good job deliving the mail.

Perchoutofwater

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One could expand that further and say the entire Federal Government model is not a long-term viable solution. I wish I could endlessly spend more than I take in without a care.

And, unfortuantely, in this day and age armed uprising isn't viable either... Tanks > 7mag and .45 cal

My mailman is a huge stoner and I'm always missing mail and getting other people's stuff. I always wonder how he finishes his route on time because he talks to everyone for 15 minutes at a time. I do enjoy hearing about his boat and all the concerts he's been to though.

So the current mail business model doesn't work...that's shocking. I'm surprised email, texting, cell phones and message boards are having an impact on the amount of mail being sent these days. :wacko: Damn technology.

Mail needs to be 3 days a week. Period.

And yet FedEX and UPS are profitable, amazing.

So, the USPS realizes things need to change and prepares a plan outlining those changes for Congress. The GAO reviews the proposed USPS plan, and according to Perch's link:

"Auditors also urge Congress to remove restrictions on the Postal Service's ability to cut Saturday mail delivery and close post offices, according to the report, which offers recommendations similar to the USPS's own proposed 10-year business plan."

Why is this such a bad thing?

So, the USPS realizes things need to change and prepares a plan outlining those changes for Congress. The GAO reviews the proposed USPS plan, and according to Perch's link:

"Auditors also urge Congress to remove restrictions on the Postal Service's ability to cut Saturday mail delivery and close post offices, according to the report, which offers recommendations similar to the USPS's own proposed 10-year business plan."

Why is this such a bad thing?

Actually it is not a bad thing. A better thing would have Congress ###### the restriction on who can deliver first class mail, and to stop subsidizing the USPS. If companies have to pay a little bit more to send me circulars of crap I don't need because I live way out in BFE, I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing.

What is up with the filter replacing lift with ######?

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Um...they charge a lot more than 43 cents to deliver a letter. I imagine there's be a rather loud outcry from the population if it suddenly cost $8+ to receive a magazine in the mail, or send a letter to grandma.

Do you not realize the Post Office does too?

Um...they charge a lot more than 43 cents to deliver a letter. I imagine there's be a rather loud outcry from the population if it suddenly cost $8+ to receive a magazine in the mail, or send a letter to grandma.

See my response to brewer in post 14.

Think of how much landfill space we would be saving if it cost a little more for Ed McMahon to send out my sweepstakes entry from the grave.

Perch you should really ask Rovers about his stay in a VA hospital last year for some perspective.

Now I am sure you will go off on a tangent like you volunteer cleaning bedpans for 31 hours every week at VA hospitals, but in reality you seriously might want to ask a guy on these boards who has personally gone through the VA system.

Perch you should really ask Rovers about his stay in a VA hospital last year for some perspective.

Now I am sure you will go off on a tangent like you volunteer cleaning bedpans for 31 hours every week at VA hospitals, but in reality you seriously might want to ask a guy on these boards who has personally gone through the VA system.

I've seen the VA and I've seen private hospitals and I know which one I'd chose if I needed to go to the hospital.

I've seen the VA and I've seen private hospitals and I know which one I'd chose if I needed to go to the hospital.

I can tell you which one my Father in Law, an Uncle, and 3 of my employees have opted for...

it's not the VA

Think of how much landfill space we would be saving if it cost a little more for Ed McMahon to send out my sweepstakes entry from the grave.

So, you immediately want to drive up the cost of paying for mail, even though it would likely put tens of thousands of people out of work.

You did realize that....didn't you? That raising the cost of US Mail to Fedex levels would put thousands of people out of work?

So, you immediately want to drive up the cost of paying for mail, even though it would likely put tens of thousands of people out of work.

You did realize that....didn't you? That raising the cost of US Mail to Fedex levels would put thousands of people out of work?

What does FedEx charge for 1st Class mail of a letter?

And yet FedEX and UPS are profitable, amazing.

Problem is that UPS and FedEx can charge differently according to where it is going. USPS has to deliver everywhere no matter what. The two businesses are really apples and oranges but what is the solution? Cut out all that expensive, unprofitable rural deliveries? That could make a huge difference but it won't ever happen. USPS is a money loser by its very design.

Mail needs to be 3 days a week. Period.

Sign me up for Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Still want the office open on Saturday just in case I actually have to go there on a non-work day of mine. And since Tuesday is coupon and spam mail day, they can just toss that for me on Wednesday.