[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Liberals and the Violence Card

driveby

Now the liberals run the government and they're using their power to implement their radical agenda. Mr. Obama and his party believe that the election of November 2008 entitled them to make permanent, "transformational" changes to our society. In just 16 months they've added more than $2 trillion to the national debt, essentially nationalized the health-care system, the student-loan industry, and have their sights set on draconian cap-and-trade regulations on carbon emissions and amnesty for illegal aliens.

Had President Obama campaigned on this agenda, he wouldn't have garnered 30% of the popular vote.

Liberals are perfectly comfortable with antigovernment protest when they're not in power.

:wacko:

To save some of you some time, this is an article by Rush L. I lean to the conservative side generally, but have never considered Limbaugh to be more than a loud-mouthed extremist - and extremists by definition are idiots, regardless of the "side" they are on.

To save some of you some time, this is an article by Rush L. I lean to the conservative side generally, but have never considered Limbaugh to be more than a loud-mouthed extremist - and extremists by definition are idiots, regardless of the "side" they are on.

+1 I used to listen to the Rush types of the world but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing that could happen to the repubs is if the blowhards went out of business. Healthcare was going to have to change in one way or another and the republicans would have probably been able to play their part in forcing price cuts IF the air jockeys weren't out driving hysteria (with too few people realizing they enjoy the mass hysteria for ratings and $$ far more than they care about the actual ideas; morals or otherwise)

while i understand some of the sentiment of the piece, the lack of historical perspective, especially considering our last president, is galling.

On the other hand it is hard to take the man seriously, especially with sentences like "Not all leftists are violent, of course. But most are angry. It's in their DNA. They view the culture as corrupt and capitalism as unjust" That is just stupid.

I will leave you with one question though in regards to the violence of protests, and the use of this violence for political capital (because i do not deny that the left is portraying the tea party as violent weirdoes). Honestly driveby, compare the virulent protests of the left during the height of the iraq war, and the tea parties, and answer me which you think is/was most likely to commit an act of terror? which should have/should be investigated by the fbi? which has/is plotting to kill the president?

funny... his closing words about hate. Rush is about nothing but hate. He's full of hate for the minority when the GOP is in power. He is full of hate with the majority when the left is in power. If you removed hate from his show, there's be nothing left but 5 hours of mattress, flower and gold buying commercials every day.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I like this part (emphasis mine):

I love this country. And because I do, I insist that the temporary inhabitants of high political office comply with the Constitution, honor our God-given unalienable rights, and respect our hard-earned private property.

But half of the piece was simply Rush defending himself against Clinton's recent vague accusations regarding the Oklahoma City bombing. I don't really care about a little spat between Rush and Clinton.

Honestly driveby, compare the virulent protests of the left during the height of the iraq war, and the tea parties, and answer me which you think is/was most likely to commit an act of terror? the left. which should have/should be investigated by the fbi? the left. which has/is plotting to kill the president? Do you know something?

I tend not to listen to drug addicts.

I thought you hung on Barry's every word?

Obama had written in his first book, "Dreams From My Father" (1995), before entering politics, that he had used Josh Gordon and cocaine ("maybe a little blow"). He said he had not tried heroin because he did not like the pusher who was trying to sell it to him.

Hey moran, he did campaign on healthcare reform, student loan reform, and yes even energy reform which may or may not look like a cap & trade system (which isn't even anywhere near being formed into a bill, but let's go ahead and Z-O-M-G! right now anyways.).

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

So far, people replying in this thread who have probably listened to his show for more than 30 seconds, 2.

I listened every day for several years. Along with Bill Oreilly, Glenn Beck, Hannity, Hugh Hewitt, and Michael Medved (who is very intelligent compared to the others). I also regularly read blogs and articles written by Victor David Hanson, Charles Krauthammer,. Dennis Prager, and other Townhall contributors. Not sure if you were counting me or not, but I'm very familiar with the talking heads. I just decided to wake up.

I listened every day for several years.

Every-time I listen to Rush I read posts here that echoing his talking points from the day of or day before, typically from people who swear they never listen to him.

Edited by bushwacked

I'm not going to read limbaugh's screed, but I will say it is pretty f'n weak to try and associate your political opponents with tim mcveigh (or bolsheviks, or nazis, or racists). whether it's clinton, or cheney, or glenn beck or olbermann, or pat robertson or whoever, it is just a gutless tactic.

I really don't see much difference between limbaugh and olberman. I've listened/watched both in the past and I simply can't do it anymore. They are each the embodiment of much that is broken in the media/political system.

I listened to limbaugh for about two years> At first to earnestly listen to what the "other side" was arguing, and then for entertainment purposes. And then it just got annoying and I never listened to it again. I was excited when Air America came on,because finally I would have my own screaming heads to root for> But it turns out that I just don't like weak arguing on either side of the spectrum. Rachel Maddow was the only one I liked after the initial excitement of listening to the lefty loonies (franken, rhodes et al)> I find Olberman as annoying as Limbaugh even though he is on 'my side'> I dunno> Mabe I have a tad more intelectual honesty than say...driveby who found the Limbaugh article enlightening enough to post it here, despite the massive holes in the argument>>>>

I really don't see much difference between limbaugh and olberman. I've listened/watched both in the past and I simply can't do it anymore. They are each the embodiment of much that is broken in the media/political system.

Don't forget social. Somebody gets it thx.

I tend not to listen to drug addicts.

racist.

Liberals are all idiots with no legitimate, intelligent argument. It is a fact. This thread proves that. If they had a great idea, it would be expressed here.

I'll check back next month to read the replies - none of which will be substantive - they will all be personally attacking me. I wish that I could bet on that, as I would make a fortune. Too bad that liberals have usurped The Tailgate at The Huddle. I imagine that many that want to reply, won't - out of political correctness. The good news is that PC is dying, as it should

Obummer and his sycophantic minions are being exposed. They are the least experienced persons in whatever venue they appear. None of them has ever done anything to produce in the private sector, and have no understanding of how it works. November is coming! It cannot come soon enough.