[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason Campbell to the Raiders?

tazinib1

Schefter just confirmed the rumor noting that it is not just a rumor...but a done deal that WILL happen today.

Great fit and what does it say about a QB that has had 6 different offensive schemes in 7 years.

He'll be the starter immediately.

Edited by tazinib1

Smart move. Did they lock Al Davis in a closet somewhere?

:wacko:

To be honest, I think the reason we had such a good draft, is because Al is implementing a crazy system.

He is going back to the defense he was running in 2005 ish, where he was switching between the 4-3 and the 3-4... which doesn't work too well... so a good draft for a broken scheme? We shall see.

Campbell had no shot in DC and has even less hope in Oakland. Sad that such a good man (note that I did not say great QB) will never be given a circumstance set up for success.

He has a better chance then your giving him. We actually got some talent here. IF our O line improves he will be good for us for sure! Glad we got a little bit of hope compared to none with J Russ.

Rumors are swirling. If this bears fruit, we can officially say goodbye to the biggest bust at QB since our boy Ryan Leaf.

I have to say I never ever thought anyone would give Leaf competition as biggest QB bust ever, but it does look like it's shaping up as a 2-horse race now.

Sorry to see you go Jason. Appreciate what you did for us under the circumstances.

You mean do great one day, suck the next? :wacko:

A ham sandwich that Jamarcus ate?

No a ham sandwich that he MADE. That could be worth some coin.

He has a better chance then your giving him. We actually got some talent here. IF our O line improves he will be good for us for sure! Glad we got a little bit of hope compared to none with J Russ.

I hope you are right. Jason is a class act. While he is not a fiery, rah-rah leader, he is a tough guy that won't quit on the team. I am interested to see what he can do if given at least four seconds to drop back and survey the field rather than dink and dunk the ball off to backs and tight ends because he is under life threatening pressure. For McNabb's sake, let's hope things improve in DC on that front.

Campbell is nothing more than a decent QB every few games. Yes he didn't have the best team around him but that's when a great QB makes things happen to create plays or manufacture wins. A great QB he will never be and is not the answer as savior of a frachise in desperate need of saving. I'd rather take my chances with Gradkowski as the QB he's done better in his short stint last year than anyone else recently for Oaktown. :wacko:

Campbell is nothing more than a decent QB every few games. Yes he didn't have the best team around him but that's when a great QB makes things happen to create plays or manufacture wins. A great QB he will never be and is not the answer as savior of a frachise in desperate need of saving. I'd rather take my chances with Gradkowski as the QB he's done better in his short stint last year than anyone else recently for Oaktown. :wacko:

I love Gradkowski, and really hope he remains one of our 3 QBs. But Campbell is an improvement. The guy has never had a consistent system yet continues to improve each year. He's not a top-tier QB, but we dont need him to be. We just need a guy who gives a crap about playing and the team, and who throws more TDs than INTs. Start with that, qualities JaWalrus lacks. Then, let's see how he does from there. Won't be worse, this is only a good move for Oakland.