[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Facebook conundrum

whomper

No, it's a total crock of poo and waste of time. Tell 'em all to f off. Simple.

Unlike the huddle that we visit every day as productive members of society where we laugh at fart and dick jokes :wacko:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do this too, I'll get some random people that I do business with who want to friend me so I add them to my "category 2" list and they can only view basic profile info and photos I load. They don't have access to view my wall, see status updates, or see photos of me from other friends albums.

So if anyone is friends with me here now you know if you've been demoted to the cat 2 list. :wacko:

so I just checked and saw some pictures that someone else posted of you cuddling some ghey little dog. so I guess I am temporarily cat 1, until you read this and demote me. :tup:

I know. I know. Facebook is gay and I am gay. That being said

What to do on the unwanted friend request ? I used to accept people that I didnt really want to then automatically unfriend them. I thought this would make them think I was just never on but I got nailed on that and had someone call me out. Now my kids babysitter (she is a family friend and recently when babysitting for my girls they told her I was on FB so she sent me a request) has friend requested me and my aunt has as well. Its not like I am going hog wild on facebook but every once in a while there are topics and comments that I dont neccesarily want a family member seeing.

Is there a way you can accept someone and block their access to your page without unfriending them ? How do you guys handle the request you dont want to accept if not accepting them as a friend would cause hard feelings or be insulting ?

welcome to my sig!

My favorite is when people post to their dead relatives (Miss you etc..)......apparently they have facebook in heaven (or hell?).

Judging by the Miss You #3 Dale Earnhardt bumper stickers around here, I think the same people think Dale is tailgating them. :wacko:

Now my kids babysitter (she is a family friend and recently when babysitting for my girls they told her I was on FB so she sent me a request) has friend requested me and my aunt has as well. Its not like I am going hog wild on facebook but every once in a while there are topics and comments that I dont neccesarily want a family member seeing.

Is there a way you can accept someone and block their access to your page without unfriending them ? How do you guys handle the request you dont want to accept if not accepting them as a friend would cause hard feelings or be insulting ?

So are you bangin the babysitter? :wacko:

So I took the time to update my privacy settings on facebook recently.

The first thing I did was make it so that nothing is visible publicly or to "networks" (which is your entire geographic region usually). For some reason facebook will not let you hide your groups or things you're a fan of, or your profile pic unless you hide everything completely... so do it.

Then I set up 2 "Lists" on Facebook:

One called "Hidey" that includes some family and all the upper level people at work and has automatic restrictions that they can't see (and I'm remembering off the top of my head here):

- Posts other people make on my wall

- Pictures/videos other people tag me in

- My mobile uploads pics folder

- Other pic albums with old embarrassing pics

That should keep important people from seeing stuff I consider private or have no control over. But, it exposes enough so these people aren't necessarily aware that they are being partially blocked (which can be perceived as a negative).

Then I created another list just called "Work" with all coworkers on it so I can post work related status updates and say on that specific update "Hide from people on Work list", if I need to.

I'm pretty comfortable with this arrangement.

So I took the time to update my privacy settings on facebook recently.

The first thing I did was make it so that nothing is visible publicly or to "networks" (which is your entire geographic region usually). For some reason facebook will not let you hide your groups or things you're a fan of, or your profile pic unless you hide everything completely... so do it.

Then I set up 2 "Lists" on Facebook:

One called "Hidey" that includes some family and all the upper level people at work and has automatic restrictions that they can't see (and I'm remembering off the top of my head here):

- Posts other people make on my wall

- Pictures/videos other people tag me in

- My mobile uploads pics folder

- Other pic albums with old embarrassing pics

That should keep important people from seeing stuff I consider private or have no control over. But, it exposes enough so these people aren't necessarily aware that they are being partially blocked (which can be perceived as a negative).

Then I created another list just called "Work" with all coworkers on it so I can post work related status updates and say on that specific update "Hide from people on Work list", if I need to.

I'm pretty comfortable with this arrangement.

This sounds like a good idea. My company is going to have a FB page. It probably wouldn't be a great idea for a co-worker posting "does anyone know how I got home last night?" or "what a effen duce that guy is!" and have that viewed on the business site. :wacko:

Be careful or this could happen to you. Linky :wacko:

Funny stuff.

Whomp, you don't have to accept anyone. I hate that my friends and relatives kids (under 10) that are sending me friend requests. No thx.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, facebook funny today...chick I am friends with who used to be like 300 pounds, but then had gastric bypass surgery and is now like 140. anyway, today she posts:

I am SO making BBW chicken on the grill with my mom's kick-ass cole slaw recipe. Tonight! Coming to a grill (not) near you!

first comment was from her boyfriend:

I think you meant BBQ chicken...BBW chicken??? those days are over

:wacko:

• 1 year later...
I know. I know. Facebook is gay and I am gay. That being said

What to do on the unwanted friend request ? I used to accept people that I didnt really want to then automatically unfriend them. I thought this would make them think I was just never on but I got nailed on that and had someone call me out. Now my kids babysitter (she is a family friend and recently when babysitting for my girls they told her I was on FB so she sent me a request) has friend requested me and my aunt has as well. Its not like I am going hog wild on facebook but every once in a while there are topics and comments that I dont neccesarily want a family member seeing.

Today Google announced that it's coming out with its answer to Facebook called "Google Plus" which addresses this very issue.

Google Plus

I think the Facebook design is kind of boring. This may be worth looking into when it comes out. :wacko:

:tup: This is great

My Favorite

:joeschmoe: Im looking forward to the Collage world series

:hisfriend: I didnt realize scrapbooking got so competitive

That page is awesome. This one had me cracking up:

If you watch Godzilla vs. King Kong backwards it's about two monsters who forget their differences and build a city.

That page is awesome. This one had me cracking up:

If you watch Godzilla vs. King Kong backwards it's about two monsters who forget their differences and build a city.

I read about 7 pages worth. Friggin hysterical

I read about 7 pages worth. Friggin hysterical

This is perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Possibly NSFW due to nudity but you can't really see anything. Also you need the sound on.