[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roger Waters

untateve

I know that this will not be Pink Floyd and I know that Waters' voice is not what it once was. However, I still forked out the coin and got two tickets for the show on 11/13. I'm guessing/hoping it will still be a good show.

My 13 yr old has informed me that Pink Floyd "sucks." My wife has never liked Pink Floyd. My 10 yr old is doing cartwheels that I got tickets. Last night at dinner, after it was clear I had definitely secured tickets, I told my son. When my wife sat down, I looked at her and said, "We don't need no education." My son immediately followed, "or thought control." This will be his first real concert.

So, anyone else going?

I just love how upbeat their stuff is.

Seriously they were a great band of course and I got into them some ("Animals" was my fav) but they are so dark and depressing they make Neil Young look like John Denver.

Went to his last Dark side of the moon tour. It was ok. Not sure if I'll make it to this one.

I was on the floor at Target Center for that and I disagree, it was akin to a religious experience. One of my top 5 concerts ever.

I just love how upbeat their stuff is.

Seriously they were a great band of course and I got into them some ("Animals" was my fav) but they are so dark and depressing they make Neil Young look like John Denver.

yea real dark and depressing. let's see oh yea DSM was dark, what else besides the word in the title was dark and depressing. Welcome to the Machine was basically about their best friend going crazy and what he meant to them. Somewhat depressing I guess but the truth. All their early stuff was psycadelic blues based material.

Please know a little something before you type.

and yes if they come close(which I imagine they are not since I have not heard anything yet) I will be there.

Edited by SLAYER

I was on the floor at Target Center for that and I disagree, it was akin to a religious experience. One of my top 5 concerts ever.

I have floor seats as well. I won't know how close for another 6-8 weeks as I signed up for the lottery pre-sale and was successful.

I know that this will not be Pink Floyd and I know that Waters' voice is not what it once was. However, I still forked out the coin and got two tickets for the show on 11/13. I'm guessing/hoping it will still be a good show.

My 13 yr old has informed me that Pink Floyd "sucks." My wife has never liked Pink Floyd. My 10 yr old is doing cartwheels that I got tickets. Last night at dinner, after it was clear I had definitely secured tickets, I told my son. When my wife sat down, I looked at her and said, "We don't need no education." My son immediately followed, "or thought control." This will be his first real concert.

So, anyone else going?

Your 13 year old sounds like he is just comfortably numb to their sound. At least he doesn't run like hell when he hears it. After all the show must go on.

So, anyone else going?

Your post reminded me of a classic childhood memory. When i was about your younger son's age, i was in music class and everyone was taking their seats and i can't remember why but i started singing those very lyrics "we don't need no education. we don't need no thought control." My music teacher promptly kicked me out of class and sent me to the principal's office. I remember arguing with her about why i was getting kicked out, but to no avail.

yea real dark and depressing. let's see oh yea DSM was dark, what else besides the word in the title was dark and depressing.
LOL

You've never heard the album, have you....in fact have you ever heard a PF song in your life?

Welcome to the Machine was basically about their best friend going crazy and what he meant to them. Somewhat depressing
nahhh..ya think?

PS and FYI: it was partly about that but more broadly about the music industry - ie "the Machine." I know it's hard but try to keep up. Maybe get a teacher to help.

All their early stuff was psycadelic blues based material.
which is famous for being cheery. My bad.

Please know a little something before you type.
The pot/kettle thing. Shocker.

and yes if they come close(which I imagine they are not since I have not heard anything yet) I will be there.
Don't forget your party hat and confetti, I'm sure people will be dancin in the aisles.

lmao :wacko: Colossal stupidity or brilliant sarcasm? You make the call.

I've been trying to get my kids to listen to some Floyd for years, but it just isn't sticking. Perhaps if they put it on Guitar Hero??? :wacko:

Keep 'em away from the Floyd, too trippy and drug related. Instead, try on some Queen (just don't tell 'em why they are named Queen) or the Eagles, maybe even some Billy Joel or ELO.

I bought "The Wall" at least three times. I think the first time was back when I was buying 8 Tracks. I haven't heard it for awhile though. Yes it can be a little negative at times, but I love it. And this is from a dude that doesn't know if he should trust the government or run for president. :wacko:

At least I know that they are going to try to break my balls. I have been warned.

Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.

You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.

And when your hand is on your heart,

You're nearly a good laugh,

Almost a joker,

With your head down in the pig bin,

Saying "Keep on digging."

Pig stain on your fat chin.

What do you hope to find.

When you're down in the pig mine.

You're nearly a laugh,

You're nearly a laugh

But you're really a cry.

Bus stop rat bag, ha ha charade you are.

You Penny Laneed up old hag, ha ha charade you are.

You radiate cold shafts of broken glass.

You're nearly a good laugh,

Almost worth a quick grin.

You like the feel of steel,

You're hot stuff with a hatpin,

And good fun with a hand gun.

You're nearly a laugh,

You're nearly a laugh

But you're really a cry.

Hey you Whitehouse,

Ha ha charade you are.

You house proud town mouse,

Ha ha charade you are

You're trying to keep our feelings off the street.

You're nearly a real treat,

All tight lips and cold feet

And do you feel abused?

You gotta stem the evil tide,

And keep it all on the inside.

Mary you're nearly a treat,

Mary you're nearly a treat

But you're really a cry.

Keep 'em away from the Floyd, too trippy and drug related. Instead, try on some Queen (just don't tell 'em why they are named Queen) or the Eagles, maybe even some Billy Joel or ELO.

What, are you in the business of creating mindless uncritical robots?

• 6 months later...
bump...

The concert is tonight!

I'm a bit excited. I think I'll have as much fun watching my son's reactions during the concert as I will watching the show.

And yes, he and I have been enjoying bong hits all afternoon in preparation.

The review for the show here was stellar (though not as good as the Dark Side show a few years back).