[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle

Outshined

I am going to Seattle to catch a Twins on Monday and Tuesday. Hope they don't get rained out.

Today: Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 61. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. North northwest wind around 6 mph.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of rain after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 62. South southeast wind between 3 and 6 mph.

Sunday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 52. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Memorial Day: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 63. South wind between 3 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Monday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Tuesday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62.

Tuesday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 54.

Wednesday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 59.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Thursday: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

I know you midwestern folk can be a bit slow - but Safeco has a retractable roof homie

that being said some ugly weather in the 206 for May, hopefully the sun shines for you because there is no prettier city in the country when the sun is out - have fun!

I know you midwestern folk can be a bit slow - but Safeco has a retractable roof homie

that being said some ugly weather in the 206 for May, hopefully the sun shines for you because there is no prettier city in the country when the sun is out - have fun!

:wacko:

That being said, there is a reason Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the country. I was stationed in Oak Harbor,WA for 2 years and although the country was beautiful, ,it rained 75% of the time. I should have been used to it being raised in Oregon but I wasn't. It sucked.

Be that as it may, enjoy the game.

That being said, there is a reason Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the country. I was stationed in Oak Harbor,WA for 2 years and although the country was beautiful, ,it rained 75% of the time. I should have been used to it being raised in Oregon but I wasn't. It sucked.

Be that as it may, enjoy the game.

:tup: werd - the giant gray cloud cover can wear on you, place is unreal June- Sept but the rest is tough to deal with, I had to get out myself. I remember before I left in Dec/Jan Seattle had 45 days in row with no sunshine - good times

I cannot imagine dealing with that chit ever again

:wacko: I guess I have never paid attention... :tup: I am not sure if were going to rent a car. We might just find a hotel that is walking distance from the ballpark and downtown. I would like to go Salmon fishing if we can find a charter that will pack them and mail them home. I would think they would have openings during the week. Otherwise we will just hangout downtown and see a couple games.

Don't tell your friends, but July/August are absolutely phenomenal in Seattle. Very few places are more beautiful in the summer, and the temp is a comfortable 80 or so. But yeah, May, you're wet. Make sure you check out EMP (Experience Music Project). Probably my favorite attraction in the city.

Don't tell your friends, but July/August are absolutely phenomenal in Seattle. Very few places are more beautiful in the summer, and the temp is a comfortable 80 or so. But yeah, May, you're wet. Make sure you check out EMP (Experience Music Project). Probably my favorite attraction in the city.

you have got to be joking - EMP is a joke and way cooler stuff to check out

you have got to be joking - EMP is a joke and way cooler stuff to check out

How could you possibly say that about any attraction that has a Funk based ride which pumps out the smell of afro-sheen at you?

:tup:

It's gonna be cold as hell, so be prepared.

I went to an afternoon game last week... they did end up closing the roof, but there's a pretty brisk wind coming off the bay too, so you're gonna freeze your balls off if you're not prepared... or full a whiskey.

Just FYI... it is a kick ass stadium.

I've been to a lot of different places in this country but there aren't too many places I'd rather live than where I do. The summers are great here and the beauty and recreational opportunities are endless. I love it when people from other area's clown on our weather ...... just means a little less traffic for me to deal with. :wacko:

Oh and while you're there, check out the underground city in downtown Seattle. Pretty cool chit.

If you meant the Seattle Undergound in Pioneer Square, we took that tour. It was very cool and lots of history.

It's gonna be cold as hell, so be prepared.

I went to an afternoon game last week... they did end up closing the roof, but there's a pretty brisk wind coming off the bay too, so you're gonna freeze your balls off if you're not prepared... or full a whiskey.

Just FYI... it is a kick ass stadium.

It was actaully pretty nice on Monday with lots of sun and and did not rain until Tuesday night. It wasn't too cold at all. I enjoyed the trip, but wish I could have stayed a couple more days to watch the other two games. We had great tickets that we bought on Stub Hub. Seattle is a great city and I might come back at the end of August when the Twins play there again and check out some other stuff I didn't get time to do.

Today: Visit Bikini Barista

Tonight: Visit Bikini Barista

Sunday: Visit Bikini Barista

Sunday Visit Bikini Barista again

Memorial Day: Say a silent prayer for those giving the ultimate sacrifice so that he can go to the Bikini Barista

Monday Night: Visit Bikini Barista

Tuesday:Visit Bikini Barista

Tuesday Night: Visit Bikini Barista a second time

Wednesday: Visit Bikini Barista

Wednesday Night: Visit Bikini Barista to make sure they know Ken Griffey Jr is retiring.

Thursday: Visit Bikini Barista

Thursday Night: Visit Bikini Barista because it's Lady's Night.

Friday:Visit Bikini Barista

This guy gets it.

Edited by Riffraff

The 5-day forecast is for sun and mid 70's; of course now I fly out to Columbus, Ohio on Monday to get a few days of midwest heat and humidity. :wacko:

Should be the beginning of our 4-month period of awesome weather. I've been spending a lot of the last month in the desert rain shadow of the Cascades anyways. January and February were pretty damn dry...

Edited by bushwacked

Brewery across the street from the Safe. Make sure you take a stroll around the ballpark once inside. Go to the centerfield section and meet "The Man" @ the BBQ . You won't forget it. Salmon Charters will gladly pack up your catch and send it home for you. I will be there Friday night to see the Reds. Maybe Blake Island tour might be cool for ya if you like Salmon. Local music scene is also very good in some of the small clubs around town.