[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Inventions

i_am_the_swammi

if I had the time, funds, and knowledge to do so, I'd invent:

1. The inverted drinking glass. I get so tired of getting a soda or something from a store, and the thinnest part of the cup is the bottom. The part of the glass that holds the most beverage is the top, where the diameter is the widest. Why not make the glass the the complete opposite? Put thewidest part of the glass at the bottom, and have it get narrower as it gets taller. the glass would be less-inclined to tip over, and you'd get more beverage per serving. I think a company that marketed this invention (BK, McDonalds, 7-11) would get more customers...."when you buy a 32 oz drink, you actually get 32 oz, not 29-30".

2. The candle refiller. Whenever my wife buys those $15-20 candle jars from Bed Bath & Beyond, she uses them, and usually tosses the jar. Same deal when she gets a souvenir candle from a vacation....usually ends up tossing the empty when its done. Why not market a contraption that allows you to melt new wax & wick into your candle? You could choose a variety of scented wax sticks to pop into the top, which would then melt and be dispensed into the empty jar at the bottom. or, you could make your own candle out of any holder you wanted (commemorative glass, bowl, etc). Would seem to be something that would help the enviornment by reducing throw-aways, and allow you to save a few bucks in the long run by only having to buy the wax and replacement wicks.

Any others?

1. The inverted drinking glass. I get so tired of getting a soda or something from a store, and the thinnest part of the cup is the bottom. The part of the glass that holds the most beverage is the top, where the diameter is the widest. Why not make the glass the the complete opposite? Put thewidest part of the glass at the bottom, and have it get narrower as it gets taller. the glass would be less-inclined to tip over, and you'd get more beverage per serving. I think a company that marketed this invention (BK, McDonalds, 7-11) would get more customers...."when you buy a 32 oz drink, you actually get 32 oz, not 29-30".

In the 70's, when 7-up he the tagling "The Uncola", they used a glass that looked like an upside-down Coke glass, and they sold those glasses too to promote it.

2. The candle refiller. Whenever my wife buys those $15-20 candle jars from Bed Bath & Beyond, she uses them, and usually tosses the jar. Same deal when she gets a souvenir candle from a vacation....usually ends up tossing the empty when its done. Why not market a contraption that allows you to melt new wax & wick into your candle? You could choose a variety of scented wax sticks to pop into the top, which would then melt and be dispensed into the empty jar at the bottom. or, you could make your own candle out of any holder you wanted (commemorative glass, bowl, etc). Would seem to be something that would help the enviornment by reducing throw-aways, and allow you to save a few bucks in the long run by only having to buy the wax and replacement wicks.

Any others?

I actually have an incredible idea that I - as dumb as it may sound - would prefer to keep to myself. My wife actually has a great snowboarding product idea that I'll keep under wraps too. :tup::tup::wacko:

But yeah, as for your #1... I think they developed those to-go cups to be able to fit into cup holders. Or maybe it was the car companies that designed the cup holders to fit the normal cup size? Chicken, meet egg. And as for #2, that's a pretty good idea. My wife gets the "extra" wax that drips off her candles and adds it (when it's a bit malleable) to candles that are currently in progress of being burned. Makes them last a little longer.

How about a big ass dome that you can put over an underwater leaking oil pipe to stop or at least minimize the flow of oil?

That shouldn't be as funny as it is.

I notice that tv remote controls are designed to either be bigger on the top or bigger on the bottom. Both designs are made to feel comfortable in the hand. So doing the same with a drinking glass should be possible.

I notice that tv remote controls are designed to either be bigger on the top or bigger on the bottom. Both designs are made to feel comfortable in the hand. So doing the same with a drinking glass should be possible.

I wonder why every TV remote out there doesn't include a beeping locator? You can't find the remote, you go up to the TV and hold down the "locate remote" button and the remote starts beeping. Cordless phones have had this for 20 years.

I have a very simple very cheap golf idea that I use. I don't know that it could be considered an invention as really it is simply taking an old shaft and using it for something different with just a litle modification. I think it is so cool that I use it all the time and a few of my golf friends that have seen me use it now have it in their bag.

I just have no idea what I could do with this idea that would pay off for me without just being ripped off by golf galaxy or something like that. :wacko:

I have a very simple very cheap golf idea that I use. I don't know that it could be considered an invention as really it is simply taking an old shaft and using it for something different with just a litle modification. I think it is so cool that I use it all the time and a few of my golf friends that have seen me use it now have it in their bag.

I just have no idea what I could do with this idea that would pay off for me without just being ripped off by golf galaxy or something like that. :wacko:

kinky

I think drinking glasses are designed the way they are in order to keep them from slipping outta the hand while drinking. I mean imagine, you're on you 17th beer, the glass is wet and it is narrower at the top than the bottom, you'd be wearing your beer.

I wonder why every TV remote out there doesn't include a beeping locator? You can't find the remote, you go up to the TV and hold down the "locate remote" button and the remote starts beeping. Cordless phones have had this for 20 years.

Exactly, and I've been thinking about a learning car remote so you can have more than one car remote on a single remote instead of 2 or 3 depending on how many cars you have.

Magnavox had one of those.

Magnavox had one of those.

Oh I'm sure a few have had it over the years but I'm just wondering why every remote doesn't have it. It should be as commonplace as the "on" button. IMO

Exactly, and I've been thinking about a learning car remote so you can have more than one car remote on a single remote instead of 2 or 3 depending on how many cars you have.

I love that idea.

But if it's not possible why don't they make the the existing ones smaller, and more sleek. I mean if they were the size of lets say a removable drive (or smaller), then maybe having more than one on your keychain wouldn't be as big a pain.

To set the stage....

It's been a long, hard (that's what she said) day at the office and you are simply too stressed to deal with anything on the home front. You really don't want to deal with a million questions when you get home or deal with the cuddling and talking that normally comes post sex/oral but you are really in the mood to get your rocks off. But how? Self inflicted orgasms are only so good.

Fret no more, come on down to any of Fast Cliffy and the C0ck Blocker's "Drive-Thru BJ-arry and Hand Jizzles" and order you up one or the other...or both. At Fast Cliffy and the C0ck Blocker's Drive Thru BJ-arry and Hand Jizzles, you simply pull up to the order menu, select the girl or guy (iRash) you want, what service you want, and drive on up to the slobber window. You know how to order food through a drive-thru...same deal here. Don't forget to super size your slobber knocker or rod puller with ball tickling (additional $2.50) or extra warm lube ($3.00).

"Seat Sock" is what I call it....basically it is a neoprene (or similar material) cover for bike seats that serves two functions:

1. Keep the seat dry.

2. Keeps seat from being stolen (has grommet holes for a lock under the frame).

The hard part is trying to make it a convertible item that has two uses...basically I want to make it one of those pouches that hang under the back of the seat that can then be undone to act as the "Seat Sock"...it doesn't have to be convertible to work but I think that would make it a much easier sell....I got the idea from seeing so many bikes with either their seats removed so they wouldn't get stolen or with plastic bags over them to keep them dry.

I think drinking glasses are designed the way they are in order to keep them from slipping outta the hand while drinking. I mean imagine, you're on you 17th beer, the glass is wet and it is narrower at the top than the bottom, you'd be wearing your beer.

I have a set of rocks glasses that have indentions for your fingers and 3 indented triangles to keep the ice from crashing into your teeth...pretty cool glasses

will try to take a picture and post it later

Edited by keggerz

"Seat Sock" is what I call it....basically it is a neoprene (or similar material) cover for bike seats that serves two functions:

1. Keep the seat dry.

2. Keeps seat from being stolen (has grommet holes for a lock under the frame).

The hard part is trying to make it a convertible item that has two uses...basically I want to make it one of those pouches that hang under the back of the seat that can then be undone to act as the "Seat Sock"...it doesn't have to be convertible to work but I think that would make it a much easier sell....I got the idea from seeing so many bikes with either their seats removed so they wouldn't get stolen or with plastic bags over them to keep them dry.

You can call it the Marsupial.