[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Attention GOP

detlef

Remember back in '04, when your boy Dubya had spent 3 years crapping himself and generally being a horrible president. Well, the Dems did you a major solid by throwing out an unelectable, horsefaced d-bag to run against him. Maybe one of the 10 people on the planet who could somehow lose an election to a man that basically everyone alive knew was a total idiot.

At any rate. Whatever you do, DO NOT RETURN THE FAVOR!!! One side of the ballot is unfortunately already set so please see what you can do about lining up someone better than Palin.

TIA

ps C'mon Obama! Freaking sack up! IMO, the jury is still out on most of what you've been taking crap for but this oil spill mess is freaking inexcusable. This was your time to lead. If you would have showed up and acted like a president, you would have had bi-partisan support. At a point, you just need to get it freaking taken care of. We've got countries lined up to help but anyone who knows anything about what's going on says the problem is a lack of leadership on the project. Well, guess what? THAT'S YOUR FREAKING JOB!!!! Remember the saying, "The buck stops here"? Well, get to freaking work!

msnbc all over obama and his speech last night. everyone jumping off the titanic!

I didn't even watch it. Just sort of snapped this am listening to the news. I'm freaking over it. I feel the way I feel when I get stupid excuses from my managers for why something hasn't been fixed. Don't tell me why it isn't fixed, just freaking handle it.

I didn't even watch it. Just sort of snapped this am listening to the news. I'm freaking over it. I feel the way I feel when I get stupid excuses from my managers for why something hasn't been fixed. Don't tell me why it isn't fixed, just freaking handle it.

There is a lot of truth in the above statement.

Unfortunately the truly intelligent people would never look towards a government job as attractive. The smart people stay in the private industry where they make a difference and be free to use their skills to their optimal level. The highest paid Government employee (including Obama, McCain and whatever the GOP decides to run in 2012) wouldn't probably last a week as a temp in most private companies today.

Why would you want to work at $400,000 a year and have to cut through all those layers of useless beauracracy to get anything done?

msnbc all over obama and his speech last night. everyone jumping off the titanic!

Just watched it. Honestly, I don't think it was a bad speech at all. That's not the problem. The problem is that we don't need freaking speeches, we need results.

To cash in as soon as you leave office in a way that your limited skills would never let you had you started in the private industry :wacko:

I was thinking that and would also add that, I would think ego would have something to do with it. You've got to think that many of these guys know they have more money than they or their families could ever spend. So what's next? Well, ruler of the free world has a nice ring to it. And yes, there's likely a very nice payday waiting for you on the other side.

I have no problem with the fact that you absolutely have to be an egomaniac to want this job. Just be a smart and effective egomaniac please. Unfortunately, that is what will stand in the way. We want to think the POTUS would be a good guy to share a beer with. We want to be captivated and inspired by him. In reality, we shouldn't care less if the guy is a total a-hole, provided he can figure out what needs to get done and then gets it done.

ETA: Which every vintage but the '08 edition of John McCain essentially is. A crotchity old fart who's not easy on the eyes, is probably the dickhead neighbor who'd tell you to keep the noise down, etc. Too bad he temporarily morphed into a total loser for the most important year of his life.

Edited by detlef

Just watched it. Honestly, I don't think it was a bad speech at all. That's not the problem. The problem is that we don't need freaking speeches, we need results.

:wacko: Would love to see the prez look straight into the camera and say "My fellow Americans, I'm on the muthaf&$ka"

Which every vintage but the '08 edition of John McCain essentially is. A crotchity old fart who's not easy on the eyes, is probably the dickhead neighbor who'd tell you to keep the noise down, etc. Too bad he temporarily morphed into a total loser for the most important year of his life.

:tup: you think it's possible that maybe you bought a bill of goods on that one? :wacko:

:tup: you think it's possible that maybe you bought a bill of goods on that one? :wacko:

How's that? He stopped saying all the things he'd been saying his entire career, (I'm guessing) to get the GOP base to embrace him. Then he goes out and gets Palin. I'm sorry but that's on him. He totally played that campaign wrong. I think he could have likely carried the nomination had he still been a "maverick" rather than just saying he was.

How's that? He stopped saying all the things he'd been saying his entire career, (I'm guessing) to get the GOP base to embrace him. Then he goes out and gets Palin. I'm sorry but that's on him. He totally played that campaign wrong. I think he could have likely carried the nomination had he still been a "maverick" rather than just saying he was.

I honestly believe they thought Hillary had the Nomination tied up and went with Palin for the female vote against Hillary. Backfired big time, in more ways than one.

Remember back in '04, when your boy Dubya had spent 3 years crapping himself and generally being a horrible president. Well, the Dems did you a major solid by throwing out an unelectable, horsefaced d-bag to run against him. Maybe one of the 10 people on the planet who could somehow lose an election to a man that basically everyone alive knew was a total idiot.

At any rate. Whatever you do, DO NOT RETURN THE FAVOR!!! One side of the ballot is unfortunately already set so please see what you can do about lining up someone better than Palin.

TIA

ps C'mon Obama! Freaking sack up! IMO, the jury is still out on most of what you've been taking crap for but this oil spill mess is freaking inexcusable. This was your time to lead. If you would have showed up and acted like a president, you would have had bi-partisan support. At a point, you just need to get it freaking taken care of. We've got countries lined up to help but anyone who knows anything about what's going on says the problem is a lack of leadership on the project. Well, guess what? THAT'S YOUR FREAKING JOB!!!! Remember the saying, "The buck stops here"? Well, get to freaking work!

Ahh....I think the jury is in. This is what you get when you put an academic in charge.

If you have to wait 18 months (and still waiting) for your "guy" to show results for anything then you are holding on to a pipe dream (IMO). He talks a good game but that's about it.

GWB is actually looking pretty good right now. Didn't think you could put a guy in office that looked worse than him? Think again. I don't know whose worse: Obama or Carter.

Edited by tosberg34

GWB is actually looking pretty good right now. Didn't think you could put a guy in office that looked worse than him? Think again. I don't know whose worse: Obama or Carter.

U must have flunked every grade passed 3rd. do not post again please.

U must have flunked every grade passed 3rd. do not post again please.

Which means I passed 3 more grades than you did.

Sorry, pal. If you can't handle reality then why don't you go post in the 'Blissfully Ignorant' forums. This president is a plane crashing into a train wreck

Oh, lookee that - I posted again.

Edited by tosberg34

TIA

no

I honestly believe they thought Hillary had the Nomination tied up and went with Palin for the female vote against Hillary. Backfired big time, in more ways than one.

No, they already knew Hillary had lost. They went with Palin to try attract bitter women who hated on Obama for beating their girl. Of course it was so obviously insulting to a lot of women (oh look, here's another woman, you'll vote for her regardless of your politics) and that is how it backfired.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

This is what you get when you put an academic in charge.

We certainly didn't have that problem 2000-2008

They went with Palin to try attract bitter women who hated on Obama for beating their girl.

Well, that and the fact she is a mindless cretin.

Politics aside (which everyone knows I disagree with him on most issues), one of my biggest concerns with Obama was that he had no administrative or executive experience. I voiced this concern early. All he had ever done was be a rabble-rouser, and run for political office. There was no doubt that he talked a good game (when he spoke at the 2004 convention I stated he'd be the DNC's next candidate), but the fact that he had never run anything other than a campaign (and he had people do that) really made me question is qualifications regardless of his politics. Many on the left questioned Palin's qualifications, and while Obama shows more intelligence, her qualifications were much better than his. The other thing that I found odd is people comparing Palin to Obama instead of Biden, but the left shaped the argument well, and had willing help in the media who magnified Palin's gaffes but largely ignored Obama's. Regardless, I said early on whoever got elected President whether it be Obama or McCain would more than likely be a one term Presdent, and that the opposing party would do well in the midterm and next Presidential election cycles. It appears as though I will be correct on this. Provided long term damage can be avoided (health care can be at least partially overturned, cap & tax not passed) the Obama presidency may be the best thing to happen to conservatives since Jimmy Carter. Ironically enough Carter is the president that Obama has most been compared too recently. I believe Obama is an intelligent man, I believe him to be far more intelligent than Carter, and for that matter GWB, but intelligence does not equate to leadership, and does not necessarily equate to practicality, both of which are needed in the office of president.