[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we secure the border, you will have no reason to vote for immigration reform

Perchoutofwater

He wants to grant amnesty, and he has the congressional majority to do it. If he does this it will only encourage more of the same. We've seen this after amnesty was granted under Reagan, of course congress prat of that deal was to increase border security (which I'm sure Obama would give lip service to), but the democrat controlled congress failed to fund the measures. I can see history repeating itself here.

a policy on amnesty and protecting our borders are not even in the same neighborhood as being similar.

Please explain in rationale terms how are borders are 10x worse than with Shrubby, even though we have more people dedicated to protecting it than at any point in US history, as well as more sophisticated surveillance than at any time in history.

Remember, 10X worse.

TIA.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a policy on amnesty and protecting our borders are not even in the same neighborhood as being similar.

Please explain in rationale terms how are borders are 10x worse than with Shrubby, even though we have more people dedicated to protecting it than at any point in US history, as well as more sophisticated surveillance than at any time in history.

Remember, 10X worse.

TIA.

They absolutely are in the same neighborhood. If we grant amnesty it will just encourage more to come, because they will think that at some future date they will be granted amnesty as well.

I don't recall hearing about National Parks being closed due to border violence under Shrub. I don't recall hearing ranchers being murdered under Shrub. I don't recall drug lords setting up observation posts in the mountains of Arizona so they can direct their drug traffic around border enforcement agents under Shrub. Nope, you're right it has gotten much better under Obama, just like the economy has. :wacko:

BTW 10X was hyperbole, you should be familiar with it's usage.

So you're expecting the GOP politician who ran against Obama to be telling the truth.

Why not....I show you just a sample of your lovers lies and somehow that translates into McCain being a liar? Damn you are as dumb as I thought you were.

Edited by caddyman

So you're expecting the GOP politician who ran against Obama to be telling the truth.

My god!!! Why do you lefties continue to suck on Obama's ass while always referring back to Bush's fault or McCain is a liar. Let's all admit Bush sucked. Why can't you guys admit that Obama is a clown who won the presidency based on lies and is now floundering as our leader.

What the hell has this guy done to make anything better?? Now he has a mess in Afghanistan - the jobs outlook is horrible - our debt is growing - we have an oil spill where there a total lack of leadership - played dirty politics to get a health care bill passed - using oil spill to promote cap and trade.

Seriously do you lefties like what this guy has done? Are you proud to have voted for this guy???

My god!!! Why do you lefties continue to suck on Obama's ass while always referring back to Bush's fault or McCain is a liar. Let's all admit Bush sucked. Why can't you guys admit that Obama is a clown who won the presidency based on lies and is now floundering as our leader.

What the hell has this guy done to make anything better?? Now he has a mess in Afghanistan - the jobs outlook is horrible - our debt is growing - we have an oil spill where there a total lack of leadership - played dirty politics to get a health care bill passed - using oil spill to promote cap and trade.

Seriously do you lefties like what this guy has done? Are you proud to have voted for this guy???

On a positive note the US won its group for the first time since 1930 under Obama. Splain THAT o harbringer of doom!!!

On a positive note the US won its group for the first time since 1930 under Obama. Splain THAT o harbringer of doom!!!

Speaking of not securing our borders, Obama is letting the Commie Russkies park a warship in San Francisco Bay!!!

Russian warship makes rare S.F. appearance

The first Russian surface warship to visit San Francisco in 147 years is docked on the Embarcadero this week on a visit that combines friendship, history and a display of military power.

The ship is the cruiser Varyag, a sleek gray vessel that is the flagship of Russia's Pacific fleet. It made the two-week voyage from Vladivostok in the spirit of friendship, as Russian Rear Adm. Vladimir Kastonov said more than once during a news conference aboard the ship at Pier 30-32 on Monday.

The ship's visit also commemorates a nearly forgotten bit of Russian-American history. Czar Alexander II sent a fleet to San Francisco and New York in 1863 during the American Civil War to show support for the union.

That Russian squadron, six ships commanded by a rear admiral, spent several months in San Francisco Bay. It was a difficult time for the United States - the British were considering recognizing the Confederacy, the French were about to send an army to Mexico, and the Confederate Navy had ideas about the Pacific.

Obama said "Come on board, Russkies, we're Commies now too."

Not only that, Russian sailors helped fight a huge fire in San Francisco and six of them died. A plaque honoring the sailors was dedicated Tuesday afternoon at Broadway and the Embarcadero.

"We have a very, very rich history," Kastonov said.

That may be, but it took more than a century for another Russian Navy warship to sail to what Kastonov called "your very beautiful coast and beautiful city." A Russian submarine came here during World War II, and an occasional Russian research ship, but that was it.

In between, of course, was the Cold War, a period when San Francisco was ringed with crappy shoes from spammers missile batteries and the bay was full of U.S. Navy ships all designed to head off a Soviet attack that never came.

Monday, the Russians were pleased to show off their ship, including the menacing missile tubes that house 16 cruise missiles able to hit enemy warships more than 3,400 miles away. There is also an assortment of anti-aircraft missiles and a conventional twin-barrel gun in a turret that can fire 90 rounds of ammunition in a minute.

The mission of the Russian fleet, Kastonov said, "is to prevent piracy, particularly in the Gulf of Aden (near Somalia) and to prevent acts of terrorism."

"We work together with the United States forces in this region," the admiral said.

Capt. Eduard Moskalenko, the Varyag's commander, said his father was commander of a submarine in the Soviet era, but the Varyag is not your father's Russian ship. For one thing, a religious icon is mounted in a place of honor in the wardroom, unthinkable in the Communist era. For another, it has a small "relaxation room", where crew members can consult with a psychologist.

The room features comfortable couches, a tropical fish tank and two parrots, which liaison officer Lt. Artyoma Yakovnev said were named Pirate and Sailor.

On Wednesday, the Varyag's crew will participate in a cookout and sports competition with sailors from the U.S. Navy cruiser Bunker Hill, which is also in port.

Members of the public can tour the Varyag from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday. The ship sails Friday for Vladivostok.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...L#ixzz0rhLXrvxg

I can agree that Obama lied to get in office if you can agree that McCain lied while trying to get in office. Fair?

I can agree that Obama lied to get in office if you can agree that McCain lied while trying to get in office. Fair?

I'll take it - that would make you the first lefty to actually pull his lips off of Obamas nuts and admit that the dude is a failure (I know I am putting words in your mouth but I thought that since his balls are not there anymore I could put some words in it). :wacko:

We are in the present and we need to forget the past and admit this guy is doing nothing to make any situation better.

Not the most creative, these pinkos. :wacko:

Reminds me of when I told Tina now that we live in the country I want a Billy Goat. And I shall name him Billy. She didn't even laugh. I still don't have the goat.

so here's what I don't get. here's a link to a story with kyl's statement and the WH response.

Kyl said the president’s supposed statement is proof that Democrats “don’t want to secure the border unless or until it is combined with comprehensive immigration reform.”

But in a statement to POLITICO, White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer denied Kyl’s account of the conversation, saying “the president didn’t say that and Senator Kyl knows it.”

“There are more resources dedicated toward border security today than ever before, but, as the President has made clear, truly securing the border will require a comprehensive solution to our broken immigration system,” Pfeiffer said.

"he is a LIIIEEEIIIEEEEAR! how dare he say we won't secure the border without comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty). we say we can't secure the border without comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty)"

this is pretty simple and obvious. the white house wants to pass a big immigration bill, and they're not going to do much about immigration until they get some more legislative support for their bill. bush probably did the same thing when he was trying to get his amnesty bill passed. you can agree with that position or disagree with it, but it seems awfully silly to pretend it's not their position.

so here's what I don't get. here's a link to a story with kyl's statement and the WH response.

"he is a LIIIEEEIIIEEEEAR! how dare he say we won't secure the border without comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty). we say we can't secure the border without comprehensive immigration reform (amnesty)"

this is pretty simple and obvious. the white house wants to pass a big immigration bill, and they're not going to do much about immigration until they get some more legislative support for their bill. bush probably did the same thing when he was trying to get his amnesty bill passed. you can agree with that position or disagree with it, but it seems awfully silly to pretend it's not their position.

+1

Wow, someone trying to use border issue to score points in a border state. I would never have seen that coming from someone like Kyl.

Now, obviously there's absolutely no need to wait to secure the border and the Feds have been doing more down there. Of course more can and should be done. I can't believe Obama would say that border security is only one part of a comprehensive approach that needs to be addressed regarding immigration. Shame on him for trying to push congress to work on the whole issue instead of on just the most visible one. :wacko:

Now, obviously there's absolutely no need to wait to secure the border and the Feds have been doing more down there. Of course more can and should be done. I can't believe Obama would say that border security is only one part of a comprehensive approach that needs to be addressed regarding immigration. Shame on him for trying to push congress to work on the whole issue instead of on just the most visible one. :wacko:

+1,000,000,000

we should just put band aids on all these problems...why worry about fixing the wound itself? Leave that to the next president, just like all the prior administrations have done.

The part I dont get is the knee jerk reaction that means "comphrensive immigration reform"= automatic amnesty? i think border control means a hell of a lot more than just building a big wall, (although that is a good idea).

Until something is actually produced in a bill (and it could very well include amnesty) y'all are tilting at windmills and taking sides of a "one on one chat" where they completely differ on what was said. Notice I am not saying that a proposal will not bring up the idea of amnesty, just the automatic knee jerk right wing response is always amusing . . .

Wow, someone trying to use border issue to score points in a border state. I would never have seen that coming from someone like Kyl.

Comprehensive plan? I don't know...it seems pretty simple to me. There is a border...let's call it a line in the sand. [bush] You are either on their side or our side. [/bush]