[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anal or half-assed

MojoMan

Meticulousness  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you anal or half-assed

• I'm anal
    • I'm half-assed
    • Puddy

My MIL is the most half-assed, lazy person I have ever met. She has also failed at everything she has ever done except to squirt out a gorgeous, intelligent daughter. My wife was raised by her grandparents so my MIL cannot claim success in child raising...only providing the genes.

She does everything in the laziest, most half-assed way possible.

I admit to being pretty anal. However, I think most jobs require a certain degree of meticulousness. Many people are even meticulous in non-work-related activities.

Everyone on the huddle seems to be pretty successful. Granted, we don't have Supreme Court Justices and 4-star Generals but our brethren are generally successful people.

So, if you had to classify yourself, are you anal or half-assed?

Does analness or half-assedness affect your success in life?

There are certainly things I am half assed about. Other things, I'm pretty anal about. But I voted half-assed, mainly because I'm sitting in my living room right now looking at the clutter, thinking "damn, I should tidy up a bit". Instead, I'm replying to your topic.

There are certainly things I am half assed about. Other things, I'm pretty anal about.

+1. Depends what it is. I used to be anal about doing tons of stuff myself, now I'd rather pay someone else to do it better than I can. I guess that's a combo of anality in wanting a really good job done and laziness in not wanting to do it.

Everyone on the huddle seems to be pretty successful. Granted, we don't have Supreme Court Justices and 4-star Generals but our brethren are generally successful people.

Well, we did until I did that Rolling Stone interview. . . poor judgment on my part. :wacko:

+1. Depends what it is. I used to be anal about doing tons of stuff myself, now I'd rather pay someone else to do it better than I can. I guess that's a combo of anality in wanting a really good job done and laziness in not wanting to do it.

Wow, something else we agree on. That's two or three times this week. I still shine my own shoes, do the yard work, and small carpentry projects, but that is because I find those things therapeutic.

Wow, something else we agree on. That's two or three times this week. I still shine my own shoes, do the yard work, and small carpentry projects, but that is because I find those things therapeutic.

Yes, I do all that stuff and paint rooms indoors, mend sinks, etc but I no longer service my own car, for instance, nor undertake any project that will take more than a few hours. I wouldn't gut the bathroom, retile it, refit it and all that, I'd get an expert in to do it.

I get the sense that you guys are talking about productivity.

I'm talking about when you get your lazy-a$$ to do something...do you do a good job or a half-assed job?

My MIL has a hard time getting herself to do anything productive...when she actually does...she does a half-assed job.

Edited by MojoMan

I've been at my new office for a few months now and my assistant has figured out that it is fun to move my model Ferrari on my desk a few inches and see how long it takes for me to move it back. :wacko:

My desk is such a bomb site I've asked my assistant to tidy it for me tomorrow. :tup:

There are certainly things I am half assed about. Other things, I'm pretty anal about. But I voted half-assed, mainly because I'm sitting in my living room right now looking at the clutter, thinking "damn, I should tidy up a bit". Instead, I'm replying to your topic.

This is me.

I find that if I undertake a job I am pretty anal about the details as I work through it. However, my wife would call me half assed because I typically go in with a nebulous plan and correct on the fly.

I can tolerate just so much clutter before I go on a cleaning binge. I definitely feel more relaxed when the house is clean and everything put away. I'm also pretty anal about routine maintenance on the house and our vehicles, keeping a sharp blade on the mower, keeping everything outside watered and weeded, hope that last coat of stain on the deck is protecting it enough, and on and on. And when we're expecting company, I'm vacuuming until the last second. :wacko:

I find that if I undertake a job I am pretty anal about the details as I work through it. However, my wife would call me half assed because I typically go in with a nebulous plan and correct on the fly.

wurd... and classic ADHD :wacko:

Mine is a bomb site too, but can access anything in there.

+1

Not sure if it counts as "messy" if I still know where everything is.

Anyway, once I get into doing a project I typically try to do my best at it. The bad part is that once I finally get the project done, I'm usually tired and do a half-assed job cleaning up the project site afterwords. :wacko:

Anyway, once I get into doing a project I typically try to do my best at it. The bad part is that once I finally get the project done, I'm usually tired and do a half-assed job cleaning up the project site afterwords. :wacko:

Right here.

ETA: There sure seems like alot of guys in here with an anal fetish.

I used to be really bad. Never half-assed. She would get mad at me because I'd work all night to finish something. Yeah, I've vacuumed at 4 AM more than once. It used to be I must always complete a job once I start it and barely trust anyone to do anything that I can do myself. However, I did always know my limitations and will hire out a job for a professional look if I'm over my head. That was the good part. I wouldn't start a job if I didn't know what I was doing.

One of my moments of freedom was after fighting like the devil to get the house built in '06, I was too tired to build a fence...something I could do and would've done....so I hired it out. I needed it done in the first week because of my dogs and was just too busy with moving and stuff to do it. Sure, it was more expensive, but it was a relief to have it done without me sweating. In the last few years, I've gotten better. I even take my cars in to get the oil changed now. My office is clean and organized. I can't live in a mess. I sitll alphabetize my DVD's and CD's. I'm comfortable with being a neat freak and embrace it.

Besides a clean house amd my yard work, I'm starting to let some things get a little cluttered though. The garage is a mess right now and the MB closet is a wreck. To be honest, I'll probably clean both this Monday since I took the day off and I don't have to cut grass because of the lack of rain and heat. That is, if I don't pull the shovel out and finish crisp edging my landscaping. She doesn't like me to work in this heat too much. Untateve might have fun with me, but I don't want help.