[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kidney Stone(s), ever had one (or more)?

keggerz

Have a 6mm stone that the doc is giving me a week to try and pass naturally...if not then he has to remove it and said where it is that the ultrasonic(or whatever) wont work because of where it is...

anyone every have to have one removed and if so how long were you down for and more importantly how much did it hurt? And what about the stent removal after the fact?

Edited by keggerz

Jeez Keg. Between this and the back I feel bad for you bro. I hope this has the best end result possible. Hang in there man

Jeez Keg. Between this and the back I feel bad for you bro. I hope this has the best end result possible. Hang in there man

I agree! Wow! What a year you've had!!! :wacko:

I had one, but passed it pretty quickly. Was easily the most pain I have ever been in. Went to the ER, waited an hour or more, threw up several times due to pain, had severe abdominal pain, couldnt pee, made no less than 10 trips to the bathroom. Finally, the pain was gone in an instant, and we left the ER before being seen.

Had a CT scan a couple days later just in case and there was nothing.

Good luck dude. If its anything like I had, you wont make a week. Sounds like it isnt exactly the same though.

Edited by peepinmofo

Neither of mine required ultrasound. Passed both au natural. I just drank a lot of water trying to help the process along of passing. First stone was when I was in the 8th grade. Second time in college. That one required demerol. I seem to think I've had minor episodes of them too, at least a couple of other times which I didn't go to the hospital. I feel for you. Hope it works itself out - literally.

GL.

6mm !!! :wacko: To put that into perspective, that's gotta be about the size of a .22 cal bullet and you've gotta pass it?!?!?!?! I'd be in the hospital begging the Doc to break it up, I mean freaking begging. I had a very small one, once, about 12 years ago, hurt like hell. Best of luck.

And I stand corrected, that is the size of a .25 caliber bullet!!!!!!!!

I've never had one. That being said, 6mm is pretty good size. It's actually bigger than a .22 bullet, more along the lines of a .243.

My Grandfather who's had his chest cracked 2X for open-heart (one bypass and one valve replacement) and who was shot up in Korea badly enough to require 2 mos in the hospital says kidney stones are FAR and away the worst pain he's ever had.

Thanks man

I agree! Wow! What a year you've had!!! :tup:

not to correct you but what a last 3 months :wacko:

I am hoping that I drink too much beer to get kidney stones. Hopefully, 6mm is small for a stone and that it is not painful. LOLuck

from what I understand the 6mm is right around the size that they will try to have you pass and larger than that usually isn't an option.

I had one, but passed it pretty quickly. Was easily the most pain I have ever been in. Went to the ER, waited an hour or more, threw up several times due to pain, had severe abdominal pain, couldnt pee, made no less than 10 trips to the bathroom. Finally, the pain was gone in an instant, and we left the ER before being seen.

Had a CT scan a couple days later just in case and there was nothing.

Good luck dude. If its anything like I had, you wont make a week. Sounds like it isnt exactly the same though.

Thanks and don't get me started on the ER either....you were lucky to pass yours as quickly as you did but the initial pain you had sounds just like what I was going thru(but I luckily didn't puke but felt pretty close a couple of times)

Neither of mine required ultrasound. Passed both au natural. I just drank a lot of water trying to help the process along of passing. First stone was when I was in the 8th grade. Second time in college. That one required demerol. I seem to think I've had minor episodes of them too, at least a couple of other times which I didn't go to the hospital. I feel for you. Hope it works itself out - literally.

GL.

doc said that the location of my stone rules out the ultrasound procedure :tup: again

Edited by keggerz

I hope you pass your stone soon, Keg. Good Luck

so do I and thanks

6mm !!! :lol: To put that into perspective, that's gotta be about the size of a .22 cal bullet and you've gotta pass it?!?!?!?! I'd be in the hospital begging the Doc to break it up, I mean freaking begging. I had a very small one, once, about 12 years ago, hurt like hell. Best of luck.

And I stand corrected, that is the size of a .25 caliber bullet!!!!!!!!

:tup: thanks :lol:

:wacko:

Sorry to hear this Keg. :tup:

thanks

I've never had one. That being said, 6mm is pretty good size. It's actually bigger than a .22 bullet, more along the lines of a .243.

My Grandfather who's had his chest cracked 2X for open-heart (one bypass and one valve replacement) and who was shot up in Korea badly enough to require 2 mos in the hospital says kidney stones are FAR and away the worst pain he's ever had.

Your grandfather sounds like he knows what he speaks of.

OMG. Good luck.

Thanks.

I am hoping that I drink too much beer to get kidney stones.
Not sure if that would help or hurt. Alcohol dehydrates which is bad, but most beer is pretty low on the alcohol content scale and moving all that liquid is good - hm 0-

Hopefully, 6mm is small for a stone and that it is not painful.
I thought my doc said anything above 3mm becomes much less likely to pass but can't say 100% for sure. And GDB being reminded of how painful it was.

I had one but it was small. In fact I really didn't have a clue that I had a stone but knew that something was going on. That day when I took a piss a good stream of blood came right after what looked like a clot. I mean I felt it but it was not so bad so I guess as stones go it must have been small. I was tender for a day or so afterward but it was not even enough for a pain pill.

Again, as stones go mine must have been small.

Guess I'm the lucky one that had your potential scenario, play out in that fashion.

Only stone that I felt, got stuck in my kidney, 7 years ago. :wacko: Doc gave it a week to move while I sucked down percocet. :tup: It didn't. They put me under, went up the whoha & removed it. Woke up fine.

Week later, outpatient for stint removal. Lying on my back, they pour a liquid right down the chute, a cool, numbing affect. Then the Doc is going to go "fishing" for the stint.

As he is preparing to start on his expedition he tells me to turn my head away, then utters the funniest frackin' line I ever did hear:

"Try not to move."

:tup:

Five minutes later, when the stint was coming out, it felt . . . different.

All in all, as I have told & heard stone stories, over the years, I am quite certain that I experienced far less overall discomfort than someone that has passed a stone.

The most pain I was in was when it first showed up, until I got to the ER & the dilaudid started flowing into my veins.

Edited by Ramhock