[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I told you they were evil

Kid Cid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. I hope that whoever moves into that house keeps their dogs in a pen at the end of the driveway, and doesn't feed or water them all that often, and never gets rid of the fecal matter. One more reason I'll never have anything to do with a HOA.

HOAs are the last word in residential evil run by tinpot Hitlers and money grubbing scum like the crooked politico in the story. If this happened to me, I would make it my life's work to murder each and every one of the people who did this to me.

You know this reads like the start of a new comic book. Military man receives call from wife that they are losing the house. Wife and kid forced out on the street where they are then killed by drug dealers. Military man comes home to exact his revenge on the evil HOA and drug dealers.

Reminds me of the line from Good Fellas:

But now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week, no matter what. Business bad? F*$# you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? F*#$ you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning, huh? F&%$ you, pay me.

doesn't the sherriff sign off on the sale at the foreclosure? he shoulda refused citing that he is an elected official with justice over the matter and held it up until a judge could visit the matter. now i am hoping they all go to :wacko: If I was running against anyone one involved I would be using this story to my advantage. That judge better figure a way to make this happen favorably.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

HOAs are the last word in residential evil run by tinpot Hitlers and money grubbing scum like the crooked politico in the story. If this happened to me, I would make it my life's work to murder each and every one of the people who did this to me.

+1. I know you're serious and so am I.

that is indeed sad:( The HOA I'm involved with doesn't foreclose on peeps for non-payment of the dues. Instead a lein is filed on the house.

That;s what this HOA did, they just then took that lien to the next step and foreclosed on the property based on the lien.

I know it, that's just wrong...never has this happened in the HOA I'm involved with. They just wait until the house is sold, then collect their dues at closing. No impatience whatsoever. This may happen to one or 2 houses every once in a blue moon. All paid up this year:)

What does an HOA add in terms of making it worthwhile?

Here they are typically are gated communities, that may have a "community pool and tennis court". Dues typically go towards landscaping of the entrance and any medians, and upkeep of the gate, pool, etc.... Personally I'd rather have a country club membership for pool and tennis where they typically have better upkeep, and 40 acres, a posted signs, and a high capacity shotgun then a gate for security, but that's just me.

Here they are typically are gated communities, that may have a "community pool and tennis court". Dues typically go towards landscaping of the entrance and any medians, and upkeep of the gate, pool, etc.... Personally I'd rather have a country club membership for pool and tennis where they typically have better upkeep, and 40 acres, a posted signs, and a high capacity shotgun then a gate for security, but that's just me.

In addition to that, up here you also get snow removal thrown in. In return you get people with an overinflated sense of their own self importance meddling in your private property. No offense Scooby but the bad examples far out weigh the good up here.

In addition to that, up here you also get snow removal thrown in. In return you get people with an overinflated sense of their own self importance meddling in your private property. No offense Scooby but the bad examples far out weigh the good up here.

Exactly. First two words that usually come to mind when dealing with HOA boardmembers, whether working for them or having to live with them and their petty friggin bylaws etc. are "pompous asses". Wouldn't waste a good piss if they were on fire right in front of me.

Exactly. First two words that usually come to mind when dealing with HOA boardmembers, whether working for them or having to live with them and their petty friggin bylaws etc. are "pompous asses". Wouldn't waste a good piss if they were on fire right in front of me.

+1

What does an HOA add in terms of making it worthwhile?

after 3 yrs of keeping your trash can in the same place they tell you that it has to be moved into a more inconspicuous spot...you know to keep the "neighborhood" looking good :oldrolleyes:

after 3 yrs of keeping your trash can in the same place they tell you that it has to be moved into a more inconspicuous spot...you know to keep the "neighborhood" looking good :oldrolleyes:

Pretty much exactly what I have always thought. I'd rather live in a box under a bridge than be involved with an HOA.

No HOA here, but we moved into a neighborhood with some pretty extensive CC&Rs. As luck would have it, we live right next door to a brother/sister that take them over-seriously. Can't wait for our newness to wear off to the point they stop giving us "friendly reminders" about cars being in the driveway overnight or not getting the garbage cans in fast enough. :wacko: