[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freaking AT&T

rajncajn

So, for the past month my wife has been getting a call from this number on a pretty regular basis. The ring tone is different than the one she uses and is not one of the ones she has on her phone. When you try to answer it just continues to ring. When you try to call the number back it says it is "disconnected or no longer in service." So today, after the number came up again I called AT&T to see if there was anything that they could do. They told me the only thing they could do is either change our number (which we've had since they were Cingular) or charge is $5 more a month for their call blocking service. :wacko: My biggest concern is that someone is using our line for something without our knowledge. We could go ahead & change numbers, but I really hate to go through that hassle. Maybe it's just time to finally tell them to shove their "service." The bad part of that is I JUST re-entered into a contract with my new Blackberry. :tup:

try doing a reverse search...it is probably an auto dialer for the cable company or even AT&T

I looked the number up online & a few other people have gotten calls from that number as well. They are saying it's from Pensacola Christian Academy, but it's not a direct line which is why we get the "disconnected" bit when we try to call it back. I have no idea why or how they got our number.

:wacko:

I looked the number up online & a few other people have gotten calls from that number as well. They are saying it's from Pensacola Christian Academy, but it's not a direct line which is why we get the "disconnected" bit when we try to call it back. I have no idea why or how they got our number.

Just ask Egret to continually blog about the poor service at AT&T and all will end up well.

Blog and Twitter. AT&T has dedicated social media consultants. Here's the one who helped me. Send a message on twitter and you'll get contacted by AT&T quickly. When I had problems with out DSL they called me within an hour. The problem was solved in a couple of days.